Tears

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You found yourself drenched in the rain after Minhee’s announcement. You were running to nowhere in particular and the thoughts about school was long gone. You soon found yourself on  the park. Your hands were on your face and you were sobbing uncontrollably. You had never cried that hard for a long time. The questions was, why were you crying?

To make it easy, you just realized that Luhan wasn’t just another important person to you. He was there for you for almost a year now and during that period of time, he grew into you - in your heart. You started to develop feelings for him that you thought was just a friendship. Okay, more like a best friend kind of relationship.

You didn’t have to get hurt just to realize your feelings for him, but it just happened. You didn’t know your feelings and you were too shallow to realize you already fell for him. The way he made you comfortable, how he took care of you and look after you, how he annoyed you, how he protected you, made you smile and made you happy.

You wanted to believe him when he said he loved you because it made sense. He changed for the better just because of you, but when Minhee dropped the bomb, you started to doubt it. If he truly loved you, he wouldn’t do such a thing. Minhee was quiet for the past weeks and it was somehow scary but a good sign, too. You didn’t know she would come back with such a shocking surprise.

If you loved Luhan, then how about Sehun? Sehun made you feel comfortable and happy, too but not how Luhan did. You realized that you always cared and looked for Luhan first even if Sehun was there. You knew that he realized it too, but he was too kind not to mention or even bother. Sehun was the boyfriend you wished Luhan was, but that was before. Sehun was a kind and protective brother you never had.

The love you had for Sehun was platonic.

Sehun knew all along that Luhan loved you and that was why he kept pushing Luhan to you until he just couldn’t take it anymore and decided to confess to you. You were not sure if Sehun really did love you truly or he just asked you to be his girlfriend to push Luhan to his edge.

You chuckled bitterly as the realizations hit you. Your life was a whirlpool of ups and downs. Your love life was chaotic, your contract would end in a few days, your family was still struggling and your sister’s medical bills were too expensive for your family. The only positive thing you had was your scholarship.

You cried and poured all the sour feelings inside you. The rain was getting heavier and you were hiccupping from the intense crying you made. You felt empty inside and your body was reacting to it. Your legs were too weak, but you had no choice. You had to get yourself together and go home. You only had your phone with you and it was soaked in the rain, too.

As soon as school ended, Luhan rushed home to look for you, but you were not there. He asked Sehun and Hyorin if they saw you, but to worry him more, he was answered with shaking heads. He asked his friends to look for you and because the guys treated you like a family, they didn’t mind the heavy rain. They were all over the place and so was Luhan.

Two more hours passed and still no signs from you. They decided that maybe you just needed to be alone so they stopped looking for you. It took them a whole hour of convincing Luhan not to go out in the rain and look for you. They told them to wait for you at home.

Not long after Luhan plopped himself on the bed, the door cracked open. You were soaked.

“Sunmi!” He was relieved to see you, but when he saw how drenched you were, worry, anger and guilt filled him. He rushed to the bathroom and wrapped a towel around you.

You flinched when he put a hand on your shoulder and he felt really dejected. “I’m sorry,” he muttered and tried to control his tears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter