Little Angel

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You opened the guest room’s door and made your way inside the foreign room. It felt so different and strange to sleep in another room, but that was your only choice. You sank down on the bed with the unsettling feeling inside you. It was burning your insides. So much emotions were running all over you.

You silently sobbed as the happening a while ago flashed back. You thought you were just being too emotional and sensitive, but frankly, you really got hurt by his words. It might not be the meanest, but Luhan meant a lot to you. The people that mean a lot to you can hurt you the most, they say, and you were proven absolutely right.

You turned off the lights and unhurriedly made your way back to the bed where you continued weeping until you fell asleep.

Luhan came out of the bathroom and found you missing. He thought that maybe you were just downstairs on the kitchen, garden, pool side or elsewhere around the house. He switched on the TV and his favorite soccer team’s match was on.

He kept glancing at the door waiting for you to appear, but an hour later you still didn’t show up. He groaned and walked in the veranda to look at the garden if you were there since the whole garden could be seen at the veranda. He scanned the place meticulously and there were still no signs of you.

He walked down nervously to the kitchen thinking you would think he was looking for you if ever you caught him there, but to his surprise you weren’t there as well. He checked everywhere around the house and he started to get alarmed when he didn’t you see anywhere.

*Damn it why does this house have to be so big?!* He mentally cursed and checked all the other rooms. He was getting tired, angry and worried because he couldn’t find you and you didn’t even tell him where you were going. *What if she went outside? No, she wouldn’t… unless with Sehun… but she would still tell me.* He ruffled his hair and opened the last door that he hasn’t opened. The one furthest away from his room.

His eyes widened as he saw a very familiar sleeping figure. *Why is she sleeping here? Does she not want to sleep with me anymore because she has a boyfriend now?* the thought just angered him more, but when he saw your sleeping face, he regretted even thinking about it.

He saw your puffy eyes. They were swollen and your sleeping position wasn’t even comfortable. You didn’t even have a blanket to cover you up. He sighed as he squatted down to meet your face. *I did this, didn’t I?* He ran his thumb across your eyes slowly and carefully, not wanting to wake you up. He sighed heavily and mentally killed himself. How can he be such a bastard? He just made out with another girl in front of his wife and even made her cry.

*I’m sorry Sunmi. I love you so much, but it hurts me so much, too. I should be happy for you, but why can’t I? Why can’t you love me?* He leaned in closer and kissed your forehead as he fought the urge to break down into tears.

* * *

You woke up with the unusual melancholic feeling and aura around you. You just sat there on the bed for a few minutes until the door opened and you lazily looked at the person who was humming happily.

“Oh my goodness!” The maid gasped as she jumped in shock to see you there. “Why are you sleeping here? What happened… to your face?”

“I look that horrible?” You smiled bitterly and stood up.

“No-”

“I’m fine,” you said, but you didn’t even look at her. You used the common bathroom and you saw your horrible look. Your eyes were slightly puffy and hoped it would be better in a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter