The Most Memorable Birthday Ever

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay, so Secret is acting weird…

 

“STAY IN SCHOOL, MY BABY!” Hyo Sung screamed at the top of her lungs as she sped away in her car. Apparently, Secret wanted me to stay in school for something. I have no idea what.

 

So, here I was, alone in this almost deserted school…sigh…

 

I sat on a brown bench waiting for I don’t know what. Secret just told me to stay here for a while. Kicking my legs, I stared at my phone. The black screen reflected my image and I forced a smile.

 

Here I am…spending my birthday alone…

 

Maybe, Secret went to get cake or something because I knew how much they wanted to celebrate my birthday. Shrugging, I leaned back into the bench just as my phone buzzed. I straightened up immediately and unlocked my phone to read the text message.

 

Sender: Unknown Number

 

Head to the hallway where we first met.

 

Unknown number…is this some sort of prank? I have a feeling this is the wrong number.

 

I was about to text back saying that whoever he or she was had just texted to the wrong number but another text came and my eyes widened.

 

It’s the hallway where you kicked .

 

The hallway where I kicked …isn’t that-

I was walking down the hallways of the school cautiously. My body was on alert just in case this was another ambush by So Hee and her posse. I swallowed and my saliva ran down my dry throat. Why was I so nervous?

 

I made a right and finally entered the hallway. I was expecting So Hee and her posse to be there, waiting for me but instead I was greeted with a small box in the middle of the wide hallway.

 

A box?

 

I glanced around attentively. And as I slowly made my way to the small box, I was watching my surroundings for anything unusual. I did not want to be caught in a trap again. I reached the small box and bent down cautiously to snatch it. Blinking at it, I noticed that it was wrapped in a poor manner but it was still nice and small. With curious eyes, I opened the small box and a gasp escaped from my throat.

 

Oh my…

 

Inside the box, lying on a square velvet red cushion was a beautiful carved crystal necklace of a dragon. It sparkled even without any direct light and it was joined together by a rectangular piece of parchment paper.

 

Dear Eun Mi,

 

By now, you should know who gave this to you. When I first met you, it was different. I don’t know why but I saved you even though I didn’t know you. But then our eyes met and I imprinted on you. It hurt being away from you after that, watching you from the side, but I fell in love with you day by day. This necklace is made out of a crystal scared and rare for dragons and I managed to get a friend to carve it for you. I can’t express myself as much so I hope you understood in this letter. Happy birthday!

 

Love,

 

Kris

 

P.S. Head to Room 404 now.

 

Oh boy…what’s next?

Here it is. Room 404…the room I first met Lu Han oppa. I was so afraid of him then but now, I felt so free. Well, that was when I didn’t know they were supposed to be my mates but…

 

I opened the door slightly and peeked in, careful not to accidentally interrupt some after school detention or class or something like that. Sensing that there was nobody in the room, I sighed and shuffled into the room, closing the door behind me.

 

There was one thing in the room that caught my eye because it was just so out of place. On the same desk where Lu Han oppa sat before, a small purple box laid on top of the wooden desk top. Moving closer to the desk, I wasn’t as cautious as before since I knew that it wasn’t a trick by So Hee and her posse.

 

What’s this?

 

I picked up the box in wonder and slowly pulled the purple bow off, lifting the lid with curiosity. I blinked in amazement at the gift in hand. It was a shiny gold barrette that was designed with the most intricacy. A small note was attached to it.

 

Dear Eun Mi,

 

There are a lot of things I can’t say or fit in this letter to you. But I want you to know that I’ll always be there for you. I may be distant and I may seem just your work partner but I’ll protect you always. Everything we ever talk about is the project and sometimes it drives me crazy. Why can’t we talk about other things? So, I hope that after this we can get closer. I was looking for your present but nothing spoke to me more than this so I hope you like it. Happy Birthday, Eun Mi.

 

Love,

 

Lu Han

 

P.S. Head to the music room now.

 

I smiled softly, carefully placing the barrette in my hair. I kept the box in my bag and made my way to the music room, clutching the crystal necklace that hung around my neck.

 

I think I see what’s going on.

I reached the music room and as always it was empty. It has been a long time since I came here. The last time I came here was when I met Lay oppa and that had been such an awkward meeting. I was so tense but he was so relaxed.

 

Shaking my head at the weird meeting, I found a lone recorder on the piano bench and glee suddenly filled me.

 

I’ve never heard Yi Xing oppa sing before.

 

I pranced to the bench and sat down, pressing play on the recorder. There was silence but then a sweet and soft voice penetrated my ears and sighed in pleasure at the song.

 

“Every time I can smell the scent of heaven from your gaze
In my dreams I am holding your hand, flying over a moonlight-covered ground
Yes you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby (You are my perfect heaven)
The path towards the future becomes clear
Going step by step towards happiness is the road towards you
Yes you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
I can’t stop, I summoned the courage to love, I just want to look at you”  

 

- EXO M ‘Baby’

 

“It’s not done actually. I still have loads to write but because of you, I managed to pick up an old song and finish it. I realized that I was missing the true feelings of love which is why I couldn’t finish it. However, after you came into my lives and our lives, everything changed and everyday isn’t another dull day. Thank you for coming into our lives, my life. Happy Birthday, Eun Mi! Oh right, could you get me some staples in the storeroom?”

 

Sighing dreamily, I packed the recorder into my bag and left the room in high spirits. Don’t get me wrong, it’s every girls’ dream to be serenaded and even having a song written for her. But I paused in my step as I realized what his last words’ were.

 

Wait…could you get me some staples in the storeroom? Huh?

I huffed as I carried the heavy metal ladder to the shelf. After the ladder broke, Su Ho had ordered the school to buy a newer and more durable one which is the huge and heavy ladder that I’m carrying now. I may be a vampire and all but I’m a female and it’s still tough.

 

Grrrr, whoever was the wise guy who decided put the present up on the shelf is a dead man.

 

Of course I had already seen it. From my viewpoint at the doorway, the sparkling item could not be mistaken. At first I was overjoyed to find the present but then I realized it was way too high up.

 

Leaning the ladder against the shelves, I cautiously made my way up while grumbling a few words here and there. I was cautious because I didn’t want to fall and crack my head open especially since Su Ho oppa isn’t here to catch me again. I arrived at the shelf and grabbed the small gift with an accomplished smile.

 

There we go!

 

I jumped off the ladder gracefully and smiled to myself. I considered putting the ladder back but decided against it since I was lazy and that thing nearly killed me and my strength. I huffed once more and walked out of the stuffy storeroom, leaning against the wall as I opened the gift.

 

Wait, what is this?

 

I held up the small cylinder and water swished around inside. I furrowed my eyebrows and searched for a card or something.

 

Dear Eun Mi,

 

Happy birthday! I can’t believe you didn’t tell us it was your birthday. Anyway, I was really racking my brains to find the perfect present until a splendid idea hit me. Remember the day you almost fell off the ladder and I managed to catch you in time? Well, considering how clumsy you are, I decided to give you this. It’s healing water. So, the next time you get hurt, just drink a drop of it and voila! You’re healed.

 

Love,

 

Su Ho

 

P.S. Head to the gym now! ^^

 

I rolled my eyes and pocketed the small cylinder of healing water.

 

Geez, way to insult my pride without really hurting me…anyhow, so next stop is the gym, huh?

I entered the gym with an excited smile. I couldn’t wait to see what’s next!

 

Oh, I think I see it!
 

I skipped my way to the center of the gym where a small box was. I picked it up and blinked at it.

 

It seems small…jewelry?

 

I guessed and shook the box a little. I couldn’t really hear a thing except for a small swoosh of something. My forehead creased and I huffed indignantly.

 

“If it’s some sort of healing water thingy, I will punch the living daylights out of this person.” I grumbled as I opened the box…to find something else different.

 

“WOAH, THIS IS SO COOL!” I stared at the charm in awe. It was a mini hourglass that had a circular hook of some sort of the top of it.

 

Dear Eun Mi,

 

I think you should know the significance of this gift. I got you a mini hourglass charm so that you could carry it around on your bracelet and remember me. And there’s actual sand in it! I thought you would like it so I bought it. Anyway, I remember the day I first met you at the concessions stand. After that, I couldn’t stop thinking about you and I was so distracted that Kris hyung actually got mad at me. But after that, you became my fuel and I won the game, thinking about you and your proud grin if I won. So, happy birthday! Thank you for being my fuel.

 

Love,

 

Tao

 

P.S. I think you should know the pattern by now. But sorry, you can’t go to the library! But, our school’s library is your next stop! Keke~

 

Aw…that is so adorable!

 

I bit back a smile and attached the mini hourglass onto my bracelet. I glanced at where I had to go next and giggled, already knowing whose gift was next.

 

Let’s go see what Baek Hyun oppa’s gift is.

I opened the doors to the school’s library and glanced around. Truthfully, I’ve never been in here before and I was stunned to see that many books for a school library. It wasn’t as full and as huge as the library I met Baek Hyun oppa in but it was still quite resourceful for a school library.

 

Woah, maybe I should come here more often.

 

I thought to myself as I strolled through the shelves. I frowned as I couldn’t find the present anywhere.

 

Where

Please log in to read the full chapter