002

The Misfits: Lost King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan rubbed his temples and let out a long sigh. For hours he had read through the complains of the nobles and other Vampires. They disliked his new changes and he knew that they would dislike his other changes as well; changes like the removal of the feudal system among them and he had recruited more Vampires to search and hunt down the Bloodcreeps. Many of them were young Vampires though and the sad thing was that they were completely green behind their ears.

No experience in fighting, no experience in hunting. It was difficult for them to keep up with the Sanguera and most of the times they stood in the way than help the soldiers to fight the Bloodcreeps. Nevertheless, there were reports of some very promising recruits for the Sanguera. Kai and Chanyeol would take care this matter though. As for the Sanguera themselves there was hope.

Since Lay was the head of the healers and doctors again, he and his people tried everything to find a way to cure the Bloodcreeps. “Don't overwork yourself.” Arms wrapped around his neck and Luhan leaned back with a chuckle. Hana's scent covered everything and he closed his eyes while he playfully bit the skin at her neck. “I won't, don't worry.” He pulled her down for a kiss while his fingers ran through her long, black hair.

“What's wrong?” There was something in his eyes that worried her and she carefully shoved the things on his desk away and sat down on it. Luhan immediately rested his head on her thigh and tilted it slightly. “Those deaths... they are worrying me.” He grabbed a long paper and gave it to Hana, who read through it quickly. “What? There isn't any blood left in their bodies but there are no signs of bites or any physical wounds?”

That was extremely strange and a rather uncomfortable feeling started to spread inside her. “How worrisome,” she muttered and shook her head. “Luhan, you really should take a break. You are working yourself to death.” For the last couples of month, Luhan only has worked up until now. Not that he neglected her, oh no, but Hana could see that his duties took their tolls on him.

“Changmin and the others surely will help you. Please, just relax a bit.” Suddenly, Hana sat down on his lap but all she did was hugged him tightly. Luhan still couldn't believe that he had someone like Hana and as a smile spread on his face, he buried his face into her hair. “Have I ever told you how much I love you?” She bit his ear and kissed his ear shell. “Hmm, I think you mentioned it a couple of times for the last three years.”

The door suddenly burst open and a small person ran into the room. Hana and Luhan nearly jumped apart but before anyone could react, Ryan flung himself at Luhan's leg. “Uncle!” He called out and gave him one of his killer doe-eyes gaze. Luhan bent down with a sigh and picked him up. “Hey there young man. Did you run away?” Hana chuckled and took him out Luhan's arm. “He probably did. Really, Ryan, you are giving your mommy a lot of headache.”

Luhan let Hana go as she stood up. “I bring him back. Just... relax, understand?” She kissed his cheek, and Ryan's eyes widened. “I want to give uncle a smooch too!” Ryan's small hands laid on Luhan's cheeks as he pecked his uncle's nose an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter