Chapter Seven.

Dragon's Mark

“So what exactly did he do to her?” Tao asked curiously.

“I didn’t ask her.” Kris replied. Hell, it was already difficult enough just getting her to tell him this much.

“We can always find out on our own. We’ll ask around, look deeper into her life.” Lay mumbled from behind as he typed away on his computer.

“Sometimes I wished they were still around to help us.” Tao admitted. He felt both Kris and Lay turn their full attention to him. “Sometimes I just think that we can use the extra helping hands.” He continued but he knew he would have to drop the topic. This topic was sensitive, especially for Kris.

He nodded, understanding where the younger male was coming from. “Yeah, sometimes I wished they were still around.” He admitted remembering the help he had received years ago.

“Who do you wish was still around?” Luhan asked walking into the room and ploping down into one of the chairs.

A devious smirk appears on Tao’s face before he answers for Kris, “Mr. and Mrs. Smith.”

-------

It was like walking into battle and not knowing who is enemy was. The enemy came in various forms, and he was unsure which form he would be met with. 

He stepped into his apartment suite; he hadn't been here for two whole days. It wasn't that he was trying to avoid Sarang. Okay; yes he has been trying to avoid her, but also because of problems that keep coming up in EXO.

He made his way upstairs, being fully aware of the fact that Tao was outside waiting for him. He had to pick up a few documents for Wu Crop. and move all his underground business documents to EXOM’s hideout. He couldn’t have documents as valuable as those laying around. 

He came to a sudden halt when he reached the door of the home office. The door was open and he could hear shuffling coming from inside. He heard a curse come from inside and recognized the owner of the voice. Sarang.

Pushing the door open he met eye and eye with her. She was kneeling over picking up a a pile of papers that she had accidentally knocked over when she was cleaning.

"What are you doing?" He hissed kneeling down and picking up as much loose paper as possible. The folder she had knocked over wasn't a good one. If was one consisting some of the jobs EXOM had. He quickly regretted not moving them sooner. He now risked the chance of Sarang figuring everything out.

"Cleaning." She answered, she was still picking up as much papers as possible and stacking them in her lap. She felt Kris reach over and grab the stack of papers in her lap. She eyed him curiously.

Curiosity quickly rose in her when she saw that panic covered his face. It was a amusing sight. She wasn't used to seeing Kris so flustered. His usual poker face was gone and she wondered why. Was it due to the documents? What were in them?

She picked up a loose piece of document next to her, flipping it over so she could see the contents written down. Her eyes widen momentarily when she saw a unique mark located in the left hand side of the paper.

Kris quickly snatched it away. "Just get out." He snapped.

"Dragon's Mark." She whispered catching his attention. He looked up to her, and this time there was no panic in his eyes, nothing at all. He quickly picked up the remaining papers and placed them aside.

Sarang stood up straight and watched Kris carefully. Were her eyes deceiving her or did she see what she thought she saw?

"I told you to get out." He stated, but she shock her head stubbornly, refusing to obey orders. "Damn it Sarang, I don't have time for your bull. Get out!" This time he sounded more threatening. Sarang was never one to back down from a threat though.

"Can I see those documents again?" She asked carefully.

"No." He growled. She didn't listen though, reaching over to where they were stack. Her fingers barely touched them before she felt the weight of a semi-truck crash against her, causing her to fly back until she hit the brand new desk Tao had ordered for Kris

"I said no." He repeated slamming his body against hers. Sarang pushed him off before using her arms to push her upper body up. She was still seated down on the desk, her legs were hanging off the desk and were open, giving just enough space for her fiancee to stand between her legs, his arms on either side of her body. He was so close she could feel his breath on her skin.

"What do you have to do with the Dragon?" She asked curiously.

With an impatient sigh, he replied, "I don't know what you're talking about. Those were sent to me a few days ago and because of recent events, particularly involving my fiancee and her underground activities, I haven't gotten a chance to look at them." He lied effortlessly. He was a good liar. But was he good enough.

"You're lying." Apparently not. Curse this woman.

"What are you even doing in here. Cleaning? Really?"

"Okay fine, I was feeling curious, so I decided to dig into your life." She admitted shamelessly. He forgot how blunt she could be.

"Why don't you just ask?"

“No I couldn’t. You wouldn’t have answered my question; you still haven’t answered any of my questions.” She mimicked with exact words he used from two days ago. He snorted back a laugh.

"Enough. Get out." He demanded bringing his face closer to hers to make his point even more clear. He realized that Sarang wasn't a really good listener and she didn't care about rules. She did what she wanted, regardless of all else.

"What do you know about the Dragon?"

"The what?" He asked naively, trying to convey the look of innocence.  She narrowed her eyes at him, she was sure he knew more. He knew so much more.

"Can I ask for a favor?"

His eyes widened, he wasn't expecting her to ask him that. Hell, he was expecting another annoying remark or more stubbornness.

"I don't do favors for anybody, especially not without getting something in return." He responded. He wasn't actually intending on doing her favor, but he wanted to know what she wanted.

She frowned before determination spreaded throughout her coffee-brown eyes. "Find the Dragon for me." She asked. His jaw would had dropped if he wasn't biting his lower lip. What did Sarang want with the Dragon? Was she like the rest of them, did she want his head on a iron stake as well, did she plan on killing him as well?

"I don't know what you're talking abo-"

"I know you're lying." She interrupted.

He leaned closer to her, his face inching closer to hers. Sarang began to back up as he moved closer. His hands were moving up her arms as she pulled away. She came to a halt when her head hit the desk underneath her, and Kris was looming over her, his body pressed against hers. She tried moving her legs, but he was still standing between them. She tried pushing him off but that only caused him to move closer until she felt every inch of his upper body pressed against her own. She was trapped underneath him.

"Whatever you want to do, I suggest you stay the hell away from the Dragon unless you want your pretty little head on a stake." He hissed into her ear, sending chills through her body as his fingers picked up strands of her hair.

Using her arms she pushed her head up, causing her forehead to connect with his, the tension in the room was so high someone could suffocate. "I don't care if my head ends up on a stake, I just need to find him first." She replied, looking him dead in the eyes. She showed no signs of fear, no fright, no anger. He smirked, amused by the daring determination.

He had no idea why he did what he did next. Unexpectedly he crashed his lips with hers, pulling her into a wet kiss, she responded instantly. He expected her to push him off, or to hit him, but no, she did the opposite. She kissed him back, attacking his lips with her own, causing a groan to escape from him as she gazed her soft lips against his.

He grabbed her legs, wrapping them around his waist while running his hands down the milky skin of her legs, loving how soft her skin is. A low moan escaped her lips giving him the chance to slip his tongue into , exploring every corner of her cavern.

She mewled as she arches her back when he cups one of her through the fabric of her thin shirt and bra. A growl escaped his lips when she crawls her nails down against the skin of his back.

Sarang broke the kiss, gasping for air as she pants, still lost in the heated passion and lust. Kris created a trail of kisses from her jawline down to her neck, biting and her tender skin as he ran his hands over the outline of her body.  

"Kris hyung, what's taking so long?" Tao's exhausted voice broke them out of their lustful trance. Sarang pushed Kris away from her before turning to the wide open door of the home office. A really wide-eyed Tao stood there, staring at the two.

Sarang was ready to make a excuse on what the male had just seen, but she decided otherwise. Tao was a fully grown man and he wasn't born yesterday. He had walked in to her and Kris, locking lips, with her hands all over each other, lust emiting from their bodies.  

"I should go." Kris coughed awkwardly, Sarang eyed him curiously when he didn't move, then quickly realized her legs were still tightly wrapped around his waist.

"Sorry." She mumbled unwrapping her legs and standing up from the desk.

"Oh, please you two act like you've never had before." Tao groaned, leaning against the door frame.

"We didn't have ." Sarang confirmed shooting a glare to the male.

"You would had if I didn't show up." He rebutted and there was no teasing in his tone. He actually sounded upset and slightly bothered. He was different from the Tao she had seen a few days ago, but didn’t think too deeply into it. In that moment, realization of what just happened hit her.

Oh no. This was bad. Quickly she excused herself she left the room, not bothering to make eye contact with either of the two males.  

“What the hell just happened?”

------

"Gege."

"Save it Tao. I don't want to hear it." Kris snapped as he drove down the dark street. He knew what his best friend was going to ask, and right now he didn't want to talk about it. He didn't want to talk about anything.

"Do you like her?"

Give it to Tao to ask a question like that in this situation. They were on their way to a really important business deal with one of the biggest drug lords in Korea, and here they were, discussing if he had any feelings for Sarang.

"I admit that I'm physically attracted to her, but I mean, who wouldn't be. Have you seen her?"

Tao is silent for a second before he replies with a remark that almost drives Kris over the edge, "Yes, I have."

That simple comment bugged him the wrong way. His friend had been checking out his fiancee, but he was sure a lot of men have.

"Is that all?" Tao continued. Kris sighed, why did he feel like he was being interrogated?

"Really Tao, why are you so curious. It's not like I haven't been with other women before." He reminded matter of factly.

"But none of them were your soon-to-be wife who just happened to be a killer whose messing with our plans. Not to mention a distraction. I mean, I like her and all, and she's certainly interesting, but she's too much of a risk." Tao explained. He knew Kris enough to know that if his best friend fell in this hole, he would be walking lost in a world of wonderland.

"And your point is? Look, you caught us making out. It was nothing but that. I don't even like her. She's stubborn, bipolar, and unpredictable. And since when have to started reading too much into things. It's not like you."

Tao sighed. You know who else was stubborn, Kris was. Who else was bipolar, Kris was, and who else is unpredictable, yep, Kris was. Kris and Sarang were alike in so many ways.

"Fine, fine, whatever. " Tao snapped letting the topic fade away. "At least she doesn't know anything."

He noticed Kris flinched and he rolled his eyes. Their leader was getting to careless around this woman.

"She knows about Dragon."

"You mean she knows that it's you?"

"No, not that much. But I know she's after me, I don't know why, but I know she is. She knows that I know something, but she doesn't know what it is that I know."

Tao frowned, pausing for a moment. He had to tell the other members about this. He could already see the outcome of situation. He knew the others could never allow for this to continue.

"She's digging too deep, and she knows too much." Tao commented, "Sarang is becoming a threat."

He felt Kris freeze and if he wasn't mistaken he saw a flash of pain in his friend's eyes before it faded away just as fast as it appeared.

Tao had to be careful of his next few words, "You know what we do with threats, right....We eliminate them."

 

------

 

 

 

Yes, yes I know, Tao is a er. Here's a hint that a lot of you might not look too deeply into, the first passage with the EXOM members will play an important role in the storyline, well everything in this chapter pretty much does. Hope everyone enjoys the update.