Chapter Four.

Dragon's Mark

It was dissatisfying to have five different pair of eyes stare at him like he had gone nuts. Then again, maybe he was already kind of nuts to begin with.  They all knew he had left with Sarang, and he could ask what they thought about him doing that, but it wasn’t like he was going to care.

“We have work to do.” He reminded as he made his way towards his car. Lay had just informed him that the shipment supplies they had been waiting for had just arrived. Now they can get down to business.  

“Isn’t that sweet, picking out wedding cakes?” Chen joked from across the room. He purposely made his voice loud so Kris could hear.  

“I would shut it if I was you Jongdae.” He hissed back. He heard Chen chuckle, Kris knew that Chen was only doing this to get on his nerves. Besides, it was just wedding cake. He didn’t give the slightest about the wedding.  

“You know, we never asked but, who’s going to be the best man.” Luhan brought up. Just those few words and the room broke out calls and shouts. Apparently everyone thought they would be the best man, while Kris hadn’t even thought of that issue yet.  He still couldn’t believe he was engaged.

“I don’t care. You guys pick, good luck killing each other.” He stated before slipping into his car and driving off. The rest of the boys followed behind, Luhan rode with Lay while Xiumin and Tao were together. Chen rode on his own. They were all connected through an income system, and he could hear the babbling from each boy on the reasons why he was better suited to be the best man. Each reason becoming less reasonable then the one before. Sometimes he thought that these guys were five year old children instead of trained killers.  

“God, just shoot me now.” He hissed under his breath.  

“I just might do that one day.” Tao stated jokingly, apparently he had heard the Dragon’s quiet remark.

They made their way to their destination, which was a deserted loading dock. The sky was dark now; turning into charcoal, the place was quiet and empty. The night sky casted a shadow on them and hid their faces. Kris was the first to step out. The rest followed behind.  

“My my, never thought I would see the day that you move your business to Korea. Did China get too boring for you?” The man who had been awaiting them stated. He was standing alone but Kris knew that s were watching from afar.  

“Where is it?” Kris ordered. He didn’t want to waste time having small talk. He was straight to the point.  

The man smirked, “Still the same as always.” He noted.  

“Just tell me where it is TOP.” Kris groaned. TOP snickered before pointing to the boat up by the dock. Big Bang, a gang here in Seoul, was given the task of shipping EXOM’s things to Korea.

“Everything you need is there. Drugs, weapons, cash, stolen goods. You name it; all that’s missing is kidnapped millionaire’s daughter.”  

Kris ignored the comment and moved towards the boat, being extra cautious that there were no traps. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust TOP, it’s just that he didn’t trust people in general. Aside from EXO, Kris didn’t trust anyone else. His allies were his allies, they were disposable. He worked too much and too fast to have friends, friends were a foreign language to him, but he didn’t need any. He had EXO.

“It’s clear.” Xiumin declared after he and Lay did a quick check around the boat. It really wasn’t necessarily. Who in the world would try pulling a trap like that on EXO.  

Getting on the boat with Luhan close behind him, he did a quick check through before a knowing smirk appeared on his face.  Everything was there, even in the dim lighting casted from the full moon; he could tell everything was there. Now they can get down to business.  

------- 

After a fully productive night Kris was punched in the face when his mother told him that he would be living with Sarang. His mother insisted that it would give them more time to bond. She wanted the two to be comfortable with each other.

He had no idea where this was coming from. He was earlier informed that he would meet her at the Lee Party a few days ago, before finally meeting her again on their wedding day. Now he was finding out he would be living with her.

Kris thought it was bull. And he was sure as hell knew that Sarang felt the same.

"Kill me now." 

"Sweetheart, you're going to be married to the woman. You're going to spend the rest of your life with her. It's better to get friendly now and get to know her." His mother insisted. His mother had been anything but a mother. He still remembered all the times when she would go on spa dates for weeks before returning home. She spent most of her time in the audience of Paris fashion shows and stocking up on Gucci bags and Loubontin heels. 

Growing up, he was left in the hands of the maids. 

"Fine, just do whatever, it's not like I have a say in this." And he knew he didn't. 

"Good, we already have an apartment picked, here are the keys." His mother announced throwing him the key. "Pack your things, you move there immediately." She added before standing up and grabbing her bag. She had a fashion show to attend, this time it was in Tokyo. 

Picking out his phone from his pocket he called the first number he could think of. 

"What is it hyung, I'm a busy person." Tao's voice rattled through the other side. Kris could hear a woman giggling on the other line and instantly he knew what Tao was busy doing. 

"Get your pants back on kid, I need your help."

--------

"I know you disagree but I think your mother is genius. And a hot one too." Tao stated at they got out of the elevator. Kris threw a glare at his best friend. 

"You're sick; you just called my mother hot." He growled. Tao always did have a thing for older women. 

The place was the penthouse suite at a high end apartment complex. There was security in the front, but Kris was going to set up his own personal security system anyways. He needed to know everything that happening around him.

It had taken them only around an hour to pack up all his things. Most of his things were back in China or stored away at EXO's hideout. All he had was pretty much clothes, toiletries, and some paperwork from Wu Corp, and also a few documents about EXO's ious cases. He also had a gun stashed away in one of the boxes along with an array of draggers. He made a mental note to hide them well. 

Unlocking to door to the apartment, he and Tao stepped inside. Immediately he knew that someone else was already there. The boxes in the corner of the room made it pretty obvious. 

"Good you're here." Sarang called out as she stepped down the flight of stairs. She looked casual in an oversize knitted sweater that fell off her shoulder and jean shorts. Her hair was tired in a messy bun and she had on no makeup. One of the up sides to this marriage was that Sarang was gorgeous; he wouldn't mind staring at her all day.

She threw a magazine at him which he caught effortlessly. "Pick out some furniture." She commanded. He noted that the place was basically empty, bare of any furniture. 

"What if you don't like it?" He asked. She shrugged. 

"I don't care about the furniture." She stated. She didn't care about furniture or if the color of the rug clashed with the curtains. She didn't give the slightest about furniture. 

"Neither do I." He revealed. She sighed, looking around the empty apartment. Neither of them seemed to care about such things like furniture. But it wasn’t like they were going to live off the floors. Her eyes fell on Tao, who was silently standing next to Kris. 

"Who are you?" She asked. Her voice didn't show any signs of interest in man other than wanting to know his name, though he did look familiar, like she had seen him somewhere before

"I'm Tao. I am a friend and co-worker of Kris hyung." He stated bowing a perfect 90 degree bow. Kris rolled his eyes, since when did Huang Zitao have manners. 

"I'm Lee Sarang." She replied, "Are you good at picking out furniture?" She asked eyeing the younger male. Tao noticed the fire that was visible in Sarang's eyes and how it matched perfectly with the fire in Kris's eyes. 

"Umm, sure, I guess." 

"Good, pick out furniture for us. Nothing expensive, though I doubt the pricing will be an issue." She said boringly. Kris smirked putting the magazine in his hands in Tao's. Tao had a bewildered look on his face as Sarang grabbed one of her box of things and carried it upstairs.

"She reminds me of someone." Tao mumbled softly so Sarang couldn't hear. She had the same bluntness, the same carelessness and the same fire in her eyes.

"Who?"  

"You."
------

“No.” Sarang exclaimed, her arms flaring up into the air. She was sitting across from Kris. They were sitting on the marble floors of their apartment, because they had no furniture. Tao had made some orders for them, but the furniture wouldn’t arrive for several days.

“And why not?”

“Because I refused to turn into one of those struck up society wives who have more Gucci bags in their closet then they do brain cells.” She rebutted.

Kris hissed under his breath. So maybe this will be more complicated then he thought. For the past hour the two had been trying to put boundaries up and set up rules for each other.

So far, they have gotten nowhere. The first part was simple; No romantic feelings, they will have a business like relationship. It was a partnership between two people. That part was easy.  

After that everything else just fell apart.

Sarang refused to be the submissive wife. It was no galas, no business parties, no functions, nothing. It was like she didn’t even want to be in society. Then again, maybe she didn’t. How would he know? 

“I will not have a wife that refuses to show up to these events.” He growled. Sure, he didn’t like business functions, but he was a man who lived in the glory of fine wine, foreign food, parties, and galas. He was also going to be the future CEO, which meant that he had to keep up a good image. Being a caring and successful husband was part of the image. How would everyone else look at him when his wife refuses to show her face to the public?

“Then maybe you should find another wife.” She retorted, her eyes casted on the ground.

“If only it was that simple.” He mumbled. He flinched when her coffee-like eyes flickered up with a fiery force. He sensed danger in those eyes, and Kris was astonished.  Sarang had power to her. She could walk into any room and control it. Her eyes could set Seoul into a cage of raging fire as she burned everyone alive.  This kind of power scared him, though he will never say it out loud.

“This is taking forever; let’s just move on to the next phrase.”

“Family. How are we to act around her family? It’s different when we’re in front of the cameras.” Kris stated. He noticed her stiffen and in her breath before exhaling deeply.

“What do your parents think?” She muttered quietly. The fire in her eyes were now gone. The fire had been drenched with water, and was no longer visible. He instantly noticed the change in her behavior. One second she was arguing with him, now she looked depressed, almost like a lost puppy. Did he say something wrong?

“My parents know I don’t plan on having a typical marriage filled with love. They wouldn’t be surprised if there was no love between us.” He said casually. It was odd, he was going to be her husband, yet there was nothing bonding them together. No love, no affection, nothing. They were complete strangers to each other.

“You don’t need to worry about my parents. They won’t be around.” She said. He noticed the sad under tone of her words. He stared up to her face, but her face revealed nothing. Sarang hid behind a delicate veil that clouded her true emotions. The only thing it revealed was a nonchalant mask that she was forced to show the world.

“I think this is enough, we’re clearly not getting anywhere.” She stated, running her fingers up to her hair and pulling the hair tie off. Her ebony hair cascaded down beautifully and for a quick 0.5 second there he wished he could run his fingers through her luscious hair.

“You want a submissive society wife who will steal the spotlight at every social event and I want husband who won’t stick his head in my business and let me do what I want. Our conditions seem simple enough. Then why is it so difficult to work out?” She asked.

“It’s simple, because I refused to have a wife who hides in the shadow and refuses to show herself. I refuse to have a wife who spends her nights in god knows where, doing lord knows what. I will not have the media and everybody else gossiping about the whereabouts about the future Chairwoman of both Wu and Lee Corporations.” He said sternly.

She grin, but it wasn’t the type of grin he was expecting, “I’m sorry Kris, but I am the type of wife who loves to hide in the shadows, I will spend my nights in god knows where doing lord knows what. Truthfully, I don’t give a about what the media or those rich brats think about me. I don’t care about the gossip, the rumors, and I sure as hell don’t care about the title of future Chairwoman.” 

He stood up, towering over her. Her eyes looked up to his with stern, cold eyes. “Get out.”   

“Excuse me.” She was baffled by his request. She stood up, standing mere inches away from him. She cursed his abnormally tall height because even when she standing he towered over her petite frame.

“I told you to get out.” He repeated.

 She clicked her tongue against the roof of . How dare this bastard.

“Oh, I don’t think so. Last I checked, this place is also mine.” She reminded. She didn’t know why, but she wanted to see him squirm. She wanted to see the perfection that was Kris Wu fall apart. Call her a sadist, but she wanted to see the man everyone wanted to be, break and fall.

 “I can’t stand being with a woman like you.” He hissed before storming away and going to the stairs. She quickly checked the time on her cell phone. It was only around nine, but she felt exhausted, and she blamed it all on him. 

She climbed up the stairs, feeling thankful that at least there was a bed available. Sarang groaned when she first found out there was only one bedroom. The master bedroom had a king size bed enough for the two of them.

She grabbed one of her blankets she had packed and a pillow from the closet before climbing into bed. Her head however wanted to do anything but sleep at the moment. Thoughts of their conversation repeated in her mind.

She felt slightly disappointed in Kris, and this pissed her off. She thought the man would be different. She thought he would be different from them, the people who label their titles before labeling the act of one’s character. They were the people who counted importance according to how much you have in your pockets compared to the wealth in your heart. She didn’t want to be one of those people who spent her days wasting time through useless parties and events.

She thought he felt the same way. But no. He was just another rich heir, climbing his way to the top, collecting fallen souls as he went.

She silently made a promise to herself at that moment: Don’t set up high expectations for Kris, he would only disappoint her.

------

There was a home office across from their bedroom. Thank goodness, because he didn’t want to be near her right now. He cursed inwardly. The nerves of that woman. Was it that difficult to cooperate with him?

He was seated in a chair looking over some documents he had brought with him. He made a mental note to call Tao so he could order a desk for him.

His thoughts however only shifted to the woman across the hall. He assumed she was probably sleeping; she had gone to the bedroom only a minute after he entered the office.

Her temper was much like his. She refused to stand down; she simply fought until she fell, she was wild and fearless, careless even, as well as being mysterious. All of these traits he knew would describe him. He knew this wasn’t going to be easy, and he wished Sarang was one of those bratty, witty types of girls who fell in love at the sight of a handsome face. He could handle that. What he couldn’t handle was someone exactly like him, only without the pressure of the underground world on his shoulders. And that was exactly what she was. 

He cursed his ty luck. Seven freaking billion people were living in this planet, four billion of them living in Asia, fifty million people in Korea, ten million of which live in Seoul, take away all the men, married women, elderly, and children, and he had to be stuck with her.