Chapter Twenty Nine.

Dragon's Mark

The sound of a gunshot echoed, rendering her speechless. Sarang shut her eyes and waited for the impact that never hit her. Slowly and hesitantly she opened her stunned eyes. What just happened?

In front of her was Chairman Lee’s body laying on the ground. A pool of red began to form around his head and Sarang didn’t understand what just happened. She gawked over the dead man’s body, not quite letting the fact set in that he was dead.

“Really? In our territory, you guys at sharing you know, you had all the fun.” Baekhyun whined as he stepped out from behind the hallway, his gun still in hand. He threw a small knowing smile at Sarang. She blinked first, slowly letting the fact that EXOK’s Baekhyun had not only saved her life, but killed her grandfather.

Behind him stood Chanyeol and Sehun looking pissed off, but it was probably due to the fact that almost all Chairman Lee’s men were died or too mutilated to fight. This meant no action for them, and that was a letdown.

Sarang moved, trying to stand up but the shooting pain spreading from her shoulder made her wince in pain. She clinched her teeth, trying to hold in the pain, but it was evident that she was hurt and in terrible pain.

She pushed herself off the ground and did a quick check through to see the situation. Her grandfather’s body laid dead on the ground; most of his men were beaten up or died. The place looked like a gore house. Blood splattered every corner; broken bodies were thrown aside like rag dolls, and gunshots torn down the walls and pillars.

Aside from the obvious mess, the situation was looking good. Sarang began searching for Kris with her eyes. She swore she noticed him approaching her just a while ago when her grandfather held her at gunpoint.

“Oh crap.”

Sarang spun around, her legs felt wobbly and her shoulder was in immense pain. A wave crashed upon her, a wave of tiredness, pain, and exhaustion hit her fast and hard. Her knees buckled and her head pounded heavily against her skull.

“What’s wrong Suho?” Someone called out.

A pissed off EXOK leader ran over and judging from the look on his face he knew something. Sarang figured that whatever he knew, it wasn’t good. It never was.

“We have to get out of here.” He shouted hectically. Sarang raised a brow, why?

“How the hell did you guys even know where we were?” Luhan asked Baekhyun after he finished off the last of Chairman Lee’s men.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before pointing to Lay. Of course he would, Sarang thought inwardly. Lay wasn’t the type to show up unarmed, and this time he fixed that issue by inviting the other half of EXO to help them.

It was smart, and dangerous, but Sarang realized that danger wasn’t in EXO’s vocabulary.

“Hello, is everyone deaf. We need to GET. OUT.” Suho repeated harsher, emphasizing the last two words. When he was met with confused looks he rolled his eyes.

“Serious people, there’s a bomb install in here, Chairmen Lee must’ve set it earlier when he realized he were here.” He explained and the second the words left his mouth the running began.

Sarang only had two thoughts running through her mind. The first one was that she sure as hell wasn’t dying in the same building as her grandfather, not after EXOK took care of him. Sarang didn’t want to die, not like this, not after everything she’s been through.

Sarang has been to hell many times. She was beaten, knocked down, pushed aside, and victimized for far too long to lay down her guns like this. She had to fight; she needed to fight because that was all she could do. It was the never ending task that circled around her life, over and over again. She wasn’t  giving up. She had Kris now.

That was the second thought that engulfed her mind. Stupid, mothering, bi-polar, stubborn as hell Kris Wu and his stupid blond hair, his stupid deep brown eyes, stupid y smirk, stupid attitude, stupid alluring presence, stupid, stupid, stupid Kris Wu.

Where the hell was Kris? Sarang didn’t know where he was, it was all blurry, all she remembered was running the second Suho explained that there was a bomb.

It didn’t help that she got shot and still bleeding. The loss of blood was probably getting to her because everything was beginning to spin all fast and out of control. It was all blurry and hectic but the only thing she worried about was Kris.

Where was he?

She could hear yelling coming from the distance as she ran, the voices belong to EXO but she didn’t know where they were or how far they were from her.

All she knew was that she was in the forest, and tall trees, green grass and the woodsy scent of nature engulfed her. Her heavy footsteps pounded against the floor as she ran.

A loud blast ricochets; the loud booming popped her ear buds and sent her flying straight into the air. Her body flew in midair like a old rag doll, before crashing against the cold damp ground. The green grass and wet dirt wasn’t kind on her skin as she tore her shirt upon her body hitting the ground.

A torn shirt was the least of her concern though. Her shoulder burned in agony, and she wished the pain would numb. Sarang cried in pain holding onto her gunshot wound.

She flipped her head around to see a raging fire engulf the building behind her. The heat felt warm, even when she was a safe distance away. The flames burned fast, but she knew they wouldn’t spread.

She picked herself up the ground ignoring the pain shooting through every inch of her fragile body. She heard cars passing by in the distance and she prayed to god that it was EXO.

She ran towards the noise, tumbling over sticks and rocks in her way. She was all a clumsy mess of panic, adrenaline, and pain.

Her sight blurred and she slowed down. She leaned against the closest tree to her, trying to process everything happening to her. She must’ve hit her head or something.

Sarang shook her head and shut her eyes while breathing heavily. She exhaled deeply before opening her eyes and stepping forward.

Sarang was oblivious to the fast approaching car which was racing directly in front of her. The car was coming straight towards her and if she was in her best shape she would had easily avoided it, but right now the pounding of her head mixed with the annoying dizziness was ing with her sight.

Sarang shook her head turning around only to freeze in her tracks. Like a deer caught in head lights her body became stoned to the ground as the car approached her at a furious speed.

She tried moving her legs, begging them to move but apparently they choose now, the worst moment possible, to give up her on. Her mind was screaming, cursing at her body to move.

“Crap.” She hissed jumping out of the way at the last moment. She jumped back into the grass, avoiding the car by mere inches. She fell into a bush by the side of the road.

The car came to a speedy stop and Sarang heard the skid marks the wheels made as they slid against the road.

“ing stupid driver. Stupid legs, they’re going to get me kill.” She whined to herself as she picked herself up from the ground for the nth time that day. Gosh it wasn’t even noon yet.

“You’re stupid,” The all too familiar voice announced. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Hello Kris, I’m hurt okay, and it’s your damn stupid fault for driving so fast. Couldn’t you see me in the way? Didn’t it occur to you to hit the brakes? Gosh, how many times has it been that you’ve tried to kill me, huh?”

Instead of a sassy counter argument she usually, no, always receives back she was met with something else. She stood there, stunned, as he grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her in the warmth she needed so badly. His arms encircled her protectively, holding her tired body in his strong arms.

She leaned against him, resting her chin on his shoulder as she slowly closed her eyes. The pounding in her head was gone, the pain subsided, her vision cleared. He was all she needed to make everything better.

“I was talking about running off without me. I was talking about coming here in the first place. I was talking about you being so reckless. I swear I have to handcuff you to my bed from now on.” He explained, whispering into her hair.

Sarang smiled, she didn’t know why, but then again, she didn’t need to know why. It was just nice hearing him worry about her. “The car part was total de ja vu though wasn’t it?” Kris added mentioning the first time she met him. It was the time he also almost ran her over. It was months ago when they met at that launch party neither of them wanted to be at. It was the same launch party where Kris found that she was his fiancée. It was the same situation, minus Tao and Luhan because they weren’t in the car and minus a lot of yelling and arguing.

She couldn’t help but laugh remembering that encounter that felt like they occurred years ago.

He liked hearing her laugh, no, he loved it. Her laughing sounded like the purest and most beautiful music he’s ever heard and he cursed at himself for sounding so sentimental. Guess that didn’t matter now because all he cared about was that Sarang was safe. She was in his arms, and he sure wasn’t letting her leave. Chairman Lee was dead, no more threats, no more double vendettas, just them.

It was just crazy, dysfunctional, bi-polar, suicidal Kris and Sarang.

“Come on, you’re hurt. Let’s get back, the others will be waiting.”

“Are they okay? Did they all make it out?” She asked worried that something bad might have happened. Kris rolled his eyes at her like she was asking the stupidest question ever. Hello, they were EXO. Sure, they were pretty horrible to her in the past, or more like he was horrible to her in the past, but surely she knew that they weren’t easily killed.

“Since you’re pretty I’ll pretend that was a joke.” He answered. Sarang inwardly smiled because joking around was good, especially for Kris Wu.

“Let’s go. We have plenty to talk about and a dead heiress to revive from the dead.” He reminded entwining his fingers with hers as he pulled her towards his car.

“Oh wow, I totally forgot I’m supposedly dead. How are we going to do this, there’s going to be so much damage control, and what about grandfather. How are we supposed to explain his death?” She questioned, deadpanning herself because of all the new issues on their plate. His just smiled, like he knew how everything was going to turn out.  

“It’s a good thing you have me, damage control is my middle name.” He teased.

“This little .” She cursed sliding into the passenger side seat with a content smile on her face.

“By the way,” He began.

“What?” She asked.

He shifted in his seat and she knew he was struggling to say whatever he wanted to say. “Never mind.”

Sarang nodded, understanding his situation. “You can tell me later, okay.” She suggested as he started the engine and began driving back to EXOM’s mansion. She knew he had a hard time with words, so she let it go. Whatever it was, if it was important he would bring it up.

Silence engulfed them as he drove, but it wasn’t the awkward kind. They were both content with just being together. Her shoulder still hurts, but she tried ignoring the pain, besides, she’s had worst. It won’t kill her. Besides that, everything seemed fine.

So when he pressed on the brakes again, letting the car slid to a standstill Sarang was shocked and alarmed.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?” She asked, concerned. He shook his head causing her to raise a curious brow.

“What’s going on then?”

“Thank you.” He mumbled quickly reaching over to peck a light, delicate kiss on her forehead. She stared wide-eyed at him and he smiled, liking her flustered looked. He pressed another soft kiss on her lips. It was soft and fragile kiss. The innocent kind, the kind that isn’t forced, but just naturally happens. It was different, but certainly not unwelcomed.  

“Thank you for coming back, each and every time.” He whispered against her lips. She smiled, because she knew being him was right, she belongs here, with him.