Chapter Twenty Eight.

Dragon's Mark

“Ready for action.” Luhan commented as Sarang swore he appeared from nowhere. How did he get here so fast? He threw her a small smile before punching her arm, which earned a growl from Kris. Luhan, like Kris looked utterly tired and frighten, his composure wasn’t like Kris’s though and she saw how visibly distraught he had been.

Ignoring the leader Luhan pulled her out of Kris’s embrace, “Never do that again. You’re already stupid and crazy don’t add suicidal to that list.” He said before pulling her into a hug. Kris complained about Luhan touching his girl, but Luhan ignored Kris, like typically.

“Sorry to break it to you Luhan, but I think that’s been on the list for quite a while now.” Sarang rebutted, teasing the Chinese man. God, she didn’t know why she missed his witty remarks so much. She just saw him last night before going to bed.

“Hate to break it, but we can use some help here!” Chen shouted as he struggled to keep up with the men that were attacking him. How did Chairman Lee manage to hire so many of these guys? It wasn’t helping that three completely capable fighters were chit chatting in the middle of this mess.

“This isn’t tea with the Queen and hell if it was we aren’t dressed properly.” He added. Not that he wasn’t happy Sarang wasn’t dead, it was just like he was going to be the dead one if he didn’t get any help.

Sarang’s eyes popped open and she was about to rush over when she saw that one of the man was trying to sneak up on Lay. The techie was busy breaking the neck of another man and didn’t notice until it was too late. Out of nowhere however the sound of a bullet echoed before the man fell to the ground. Lay froze for a momentary second before he turned around; slowly he lifted his head towards the balcony above the entrance and smiled at the person standing up there.

Sarang stood there in shock for half a second before she pieced it together, “Sniper. Tao.” She affirmed whipping her head around to find Tao standing on top of the balcony, half hidden by one of the pillars. He gave her a small wave when she made eye contact with him.

“I know, we’re good.” Luhan stated. Cocky bastards.

In a split second everything turned to chaos. It was a war battle. Fists were being thrown, gun shots echoed, knives were being shot forward, bones were crushed, and necks twisted. Sarang managed to kill fine, she knew who her main target was. Her grandfather. He stood by the corner of the room, arms crossed with that vicious smear on his face that she was going to cut out in the next few minutes.

 “I never thought this day would come.” He commented monotone-like when she was standing directly in front of him. Her eyes were throwing draggers at him and her eyes were on fire.

In an instant she had her gun pointed at his temple. Her hands were shaking from the adrenaline rushing through her veins.

“You won’t shoot.” He mentioned knowingly.

She scoffed, “You’re wrong. I’ll do it.” She retorted and his gaze changed.

“Oh really? Then why haven’t you.” He questioned. “Sweet little Sarang, the broken teenage girl they put on my doorstep when she became an orphan. You won’t kill me.”

His words taunted her. He was speaking about her life like it was a game, like she was some game piece used to gain the win. It was because of him that she became an orphan, she reminded herself. It was because of him that her parents died. It was all him. Her god damn grandfather.

“Why’d you do it?” She asked, her voice was still coiled in iron and hard like titanium.

“You were supposed to die along with them.” He hissed angrily, “You were supposed to die!” he shouted as he lunged at her, his sudden move caught her by surprised as she dropped her gun. She mentally slapped herself for having her guard down.

Her grandfather kicked her in the knee, causing them to buckle, giving him the upper hand. She punched him flat in the face, causing him to stubble back a few steps. His gave her enough time to gain her composure.

Her grandfather lunged a knife towards her, but she did a semi-back flip, avoiding the knife.  Where the did he get the knife from?

She landed on her knees and grabbed the last knife she had tucked under her boots. She used the rest of them to kill his minions.

“Your reactions are fast, your reflexes however are slow.” He judged, like how he did with everything else in her life. Always judging her, never praising her. Everything she did was wrong, everything was her fault. He was making her feel inferior to him, like she was less than him.

Anger bubbled up in her as she reached towards him with her knife and tried cutting his arm, but he jumped back, missing her aim. When the hell did the old man learn to fight?

“Aiming straight for the target, never going to work, learn to think before you act. Though you never did think did you, always acting based on emotions. Like your damn mother, look where it got her.”

That was it, the last straw was cut. Something awoke in Sarang causing her to jump in mid-air kicking her grandfather in the chest, making him stubble back against the wall. She threw a punch into his abdomen making him wince in pain before she brought her knife forward and lunged it into his arm.

A scream released from her grandfather as she removed her now blood strained knife only to repeat the action again.  Another eye hurling scream echoed throughout the room catching the attention of those who were fighting. One of them, namely Kris, stopped everything he was doing, or more precisely who he was killing as he moved closer to Sarang.

“Say that again!” She threatened as she held the knife above his shoulder. The knife was barely breaking through his skin as a small drip of crimson spilled from the wound. His entire left arm was now spilling blood.

“Your mother was a worthless third class trash. Your father was just as pathetic. My son would have never accounted to anything.” He continued, purposely angering her.

Sarang pressed the knife into his skin, bloody red gushing from the impact. Her grandfather now was hysteric. He began laughing like a mad man. His loud obnoxious laughter made her ears twinge.  

“So stupid, just like your parents. If you come here to kill me, make sure you don’t drop your weapon.” He hissed. Sarang look a second too long to realize what he meant. The guns he dropped earlier.

He raised the gun using the arm she didn’t just mutilate. Sarang jumped and punched his bloody arm making him shout in pain but not stopping him from pressing the trigger of the gun.  

All she knew was she fallen backwards when she felt heat spread through her shoulder. She heard screams vibrating and could only assume they were her own. Her flesh was on fire, it was burning, and the pain was spread through her arm. Her flesh felt like it was being eaten. She saw blood gushing from the wound, crimson spilling over her black attire and onto the floors.

Her grandfather has just shot her in the shoulder. She looked up to him again. His state was similar, if not worse than hers. His eyes were now dark and his grin was pure evil.

He lifted the gun once again, and this time Sarang knew what was awaiting her when he pressed that trigger.

“I should have killed you ten years ago.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I apologize, another cliff hanger!

To inform all my readers, Dragon's Mark will be ending soon, I already have like the last few chapters sorted out (but they can always change knowing how bi-polar I am).

...However.....because I know I wasn't the only one for fell in love with our sweet Luhan! Ta-Da, a Luhan spin-off. It's a progressing idea that's been bothering me for a few weeks now. Plus it's EXOM, a new OC, and the appearance of a female idol group, cause I felt like I was lacking a female presence in DM. Come on, when the next female I give more attention to aside from Sarang is Kris's mom, yeah that's kind of sad, plus I've been feeling all female empowerment lately, and this will fit prefectly. So please support this Luan spin-off:

The Queen of Hearts