Chapter Eighteen

Dragon's Mark

His knife pierced several stabbed wounds before he watched the figure fall onto the ground. A satisfied grin appeared on his handsome face as he turned around. Another gang member ran at him, and he easily deflected the person’s attack. He sidestepped to the right, brought up his knee and hit the man in the stomach before throwing several punches into his face.

He pulled out his gun and aimed it towards the man and pressed the trigger. A blood hurling gunshot echo went off before that man fell onto the growing pile of dead bodies.

The rest of the mission was finished off with guns and knives. Nightfall eventually hit which provided the protection they needed in cleaning the place up.

This scene was similar to the scene that occurred right when they arrived in Korea. The only difference was that he had one less woman trying to snake her way into his life. And he had one more job of trying to keep her out of his life.

“You really went too far.” Luhan stated at he made his way over to Kris. He looked perfectly fine despite being half covered in blood, dust, and what not. He even had the same doe-like innocent intact to him. Ah, innocent was an unusual way to describe Luhan.

“They were working with Xavier. I’m trying to send a message here: We want you dead and until you are, we’ll kill everybody and anybody associated with you.” Kris explained for the thousandth time. Luhan nodded understandingly knowing there was a second reason why Kris decided to go all Terminator on them.

“Are you sure this isn’t because of someone else?” Luhan carefully asked. EXOM had infiltrated a low-leveled underground gang who was getting their arms and weapons from Xavier. Now they were nothing.

Kris knew all too well what Luhan was talking about and if he didn’t like Luhan was much as he did, his friend would be joining these dead bodies.

“Why must you keep bringing her up?”

He did a good job at cutting her out of his life. So what if he had to deal with the negative press and his y parents. It was worth it.

“Because you’re being a about it,” He answered. Before Kris could say anything back Tao walked into the room.

You can say it was somewhat of a secret that Kris and Luhan were having these conversations about Sarang. Kris was mainly trying to get Luhan to stop, and Luhan was persistently trying to make Kris admit that he made a mistake, and that was never easy to do.

“What the hell are you two arguing about now?” Tao hissed at them. He was angry because one the gang members had managed to cut his lower abdomen while they were fighting. It wasn’t serious and he wouldn’t need medical treatment, but it bruised his ego that a lowly gang member had managed to hurt him. 

“Quickly clean this place up.” Kris ordered and Tao knew better then to ask again. Kris had been in a particularly horrible mood and no one wanted to deal with him.

“It’s sad really,” Luhan mumbled so Tao wouldn’t hear, “because she would have stuck with you till the end.”

Kris snapped, grabbing Luhan by the collar of his dirty and blood stained shirt and pulled him away into a quieter corner of this dungeon they were in.

“Do you really not get it?” Kris hissed angrily. “If she would have stuck with me till the end she would be dead.”

Luhan had a sly smile on his face because after a week of persistency he finally got Kris to admit something.

“And don’t you want her dead?” He countered. The leaders hard eyes glowed pitch black at his suggestion and he had to hold himself from laughing. It was so amusing seeing Kris like this. No more walls, no more ignorance.

“I don’t care if she’s dead or alive. I just don’t want to be the reason why she dies.” He revealed. His confession was a disappointment, because he had admitted that he didn’t care if she was dead or not. He just didn’t want to be the reason why, like he was for her parents.

He didn’t need any more guilt. He had already hurt her so much, and he wanted to stop. His guilty conscience couldn’t afford anymore. So if he was going to be a selfish bastard, then so be it.

-----

Sarang made her way through Lee Corporation, holding her breath while she tried to ignore all the stares and looks from the workers. It was around three in the afternoon and it felt like the entire world had decided to stop by Lee Corporations.

She knew the stares and glares all too well. Some of them were pitied stares. She was after all left at her wedding only to be dumped by the same fiancée weeks later. Some of them were judgmental glares, mostly from females her age. They couldn’t believe that the perfect Kris Wu had broken his engagement with Lee Sarang. They blamed her, claiming she was some sort of a spoil, bratty princess, why else would someone so perfect leave her. 

This was the reason why she hated the spotlight, too many judgmental eyes from people who knew nothing about her.

Her grandfather’s words echoed in her mind and she couldn’t help but feel down because of them. Feeling down was an understatement. She felt like someone had stabbed a knife into her chest and thrown her into a tank filled with sharks.  She still winced when she remembered the hard slapped she had received.

The last time he hit her was when Kris never showed up to their wedding. This time it was because he had actually broken the engagement.

She kept her head low down in case anyone noticed the patch of burning red on her skin. Her eyes remained on the ground, concentrating on her pair of black flats she had on. She just wanted to get out. She wanted to get out of all of this.

She quickly took exited the building and became lost in the crowded streets. Sarang didn’t have to wander much because an unexpected phone call caused her already horrible day to turn even worst.

She stared at her flashing cell phone screen before slowly answering. A part of her was screaming at her to turn her phone off and pretend she never got the call, but she answered.

“Hello?”

The male on the other line gave her clear directions to a location, she sighed tiredly not understanding why he was giving her such orders. She should have just hung up, but she didn’t. She shouldn’t have answered her phone in the first place.

“Okay, I’ll be there.” She stated after he finished. She closed her phone, letting it spill into her back pocket. She froze in the middle of the streets, weighing her options. Should she go, or not? In the end she decided to go, even if there was a gut itching feeling growing in her stomach.

She grabbed a taxi and gave the directions to the driver, purposely telling him to drop her off a few blocks away from the actual location.

She got dropped off, she paid the fee. She only made it halfway to the meeting spot when she noticed something odd in the air. The streets were quiet. Not that quiet was bad, but quiet in the middle of the afternoon in Seoul was an unlikely sight.

Her paces slowed down as she looked around at her surroundings. Nothing looked out of place, nothing unusual was going on, but her intuition was screaming at her to run. Something was wrong here, there was something else going on. Run, Sarang, run.

She hesitated too slowly because by the time she was running down the block she was already surrounded by a group of men.  She came to a sudden stop when she was slammed into the brick wall behind her.

One of the men twisted her arms but she was able to break free and kick him in the knee before throwing a heavy punch into his face. Someone jumped on the back of her, securing her arms but she managed to flip the person over.

She felt pain spread throughout her shoulder after she flipped him over.  She threw another punch as one of the other men dashed towards her. Sarang dodged their attacks but knew she was out numbered.

She pushed her way through the group and managed to run a few good meters. “Someone get her!” One of them barked. Her heart was racing and she knew that her arm was dislocated or something.

She turned the corner and noticed a black unmarked van and Sarang instantly knew that she couldn’t run any longer. She should had never answered that call, she should had never shown up, she should had left, she should had never trusted her all those years ago; she should had never believed his words.

Someone stepped in front of her and she was only able to catch a quick glimpse of his face before she was hit in the back of the head with a force so strong it knocked the air right out of her. She felt her knees collapsed and her head spun dizzily.

She stared up at the man and all she felt for him right now was hate. Uncontrollable hate.  And just like that everything around her faded to black.

 

A fourteen year old Sarang stood in front of the man. She was half dead and half living. Her parents death lingered through her mind, eating her up. His figure towered over her. This man screamed power and authority. She stared him straight in the eye. Her stare was cold and heartless.

“Sarang dear. Welcome, I’ll take care of you from now on.” He told her. Innocently she nodded contently and a soft smile spread across the lips. She still had family; she still had someone who loved her.

“Thank you grandpa.” She said happily through all the tears, broken wishes, and lost dreams.

“You have nothing to worry about now.” He told her, but he lied. Oh, how he lied.

 

------

“Kris, you can’t let them take her just like this.” Luhan shouted at him. Kris remained seated in his chair, blankly looking into space. This was what he was scared of the whole time. This was what he was scared of happening: Sarang getting captured, Sarang getting caught in the middle of this, Sarang getting hurt, Sarang dying, because of him. He didn't want someone who looked and acted so tough and cold on the outside but was so innocent and lost on the inside, someone who was still so beautiful die because of him.

“We have to go get her.” Lay insisted. Everybody knew that they couldn’t do anything until Kris gave his approval. They eyed him hoping he would make the right decision. His face was unreadable, and his eyes were revealed nothing about what was going on in his mind.

“It’s a trap.” Tao stated softly, and they all knew it was. Sarang was being put out as bait and they were the fish lurking about.

“We call EXOK, we storm the place, kill everyone inside and get her back.” Luhan insisted stubbornly. He’ll be damn if he let them kill her just like this. Sarang didn’t deserve this, she deserved so much better.  She didn’t deserve to be captured and treated like an animal for the whole world to use, she didn’t deserve to be left alone, forced to suffer all by herself.

Kris stood up from his seat; he looked at with a hard look in his eyes. For the first time they saw something they never thought they would see. Fear.

“It’s a trap. “ He stated softly and they all knew what his answer was and they all felt it, pain, they all felt the pain of leaving someone behind.

“I’m not going to let you guys risk your lives for her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay, so I have a question for all the readers. I have two options for you guys, I have two endings in mind right now, one which consists of 5-7 more chapters, or a longer more angsty one which will be another 10-15 chapters. && another question, one I didn't even consider from the beginning but as I continue to write I keep asking myself this question: Should Sarang stay with Kris after everything he's done?

Please Comment and tell me how you guys feel.