Chapter Sixteen.

Dragon's Mark

She didn’t bother to knock; instead she pushed the door open and stepped right into his room before she slammed the door shut.

“Can you at least knock?” Kris groaned. He was standing by the open window, looking down at the Han River.

“Are you stupid?” She hissed, “You can’t break our engagement just like that. What would your parents, my grandfather, and everybody else say?” She reminded. She knew he didn’t care about his parent’s opinion or her grandfather’s for that matter. She did know that Kris loved the spotlight; he loved positive media attention, galas, and parties. Breaking his engagement with her would only tamper and hurt his image.

“I don’t care anymore.” He answered, his head snapped back in her direction. His answer disappointed her. She expected some sort of witty throw-back, something only Kris Wu would think of.

“I seriously don’t even get why he tries.” She whispered under her breathe. It was Luhan’s wasted efforts, and honestly, if Kris was going to act like this she would be fine. This would make it even easier on her. She would help the Dragon without being engaged to him, hence taking out a lot of the time that the two of them would spend together.

Maybe she just needed space away from him to sort out her thoughts, and maybe she just wanted to be with him. She didn’t know anymore.

“Look I was supposed to come here and yell at you for being such a bi-polar, unpredictable . I was supposed to be angry and upset.”

“Why the hell would you care Sarang? I thought you’ll be happy when I broke up our engagement. Isn’t that what you wanted in the first place? You never wanted to marry some stranger, or be stuck for the rest of your life. If anyone, you of all people should be happy.”

“What gives you the right to accuse that?” She snapped. “Having you been paying attention lately, or are you really that hook on killing everybody that gets in your way to open your eyes!” She screamed furiously, wanting to grab any object in her arms reach and throw it at him. She wanted to demolish everything in her way.

“Of course I have been paying attention, that’s the only reason why I haven’t killed you, like I said I would. You aren’t even supposed to be alive!” He yelled back. She cringed at how harsh his words were and the great affect they had on her. Her brows merged and her eyes narrowed at him.

“Then why haven’t you done it yet?” She waited for his answer but he didn’t reply and smirked. “You can’t can you. Why’s that?”

“It’s because I ing need you here you pathetic woman. You don’t get it Sarang, it’s because I care. I care about you, and I’m not supposed care. So I’m going to be a , I’m going to push you away, I’m going to throw you to a pack of wolves to be eaten alive, as long as I stop caring and worrying about you.” He confessed. Her face that was contorted with anger a few seconds ago eased onto disbelief.

He stepped closer to her; she gasped distancing herself from him. She couldn’t get cornered by him again, she knew what would happen if she got cornered. She was supposed to lash out on him, not hear his confession.

“I can’t care Sarang, because the second I do, I get weak. I was weak once and it got your parents killed! If I’m weak now I’ll get my members killed. I just can’t.”

“So this is about you not wanting to look weak, and you’re using me as an excuse.” She accused, not hearing out what he was truly trying to say.  Perhaps her inner desires of wanting to hate this man took over, because the functioning part of her brain told her to stop and listen, it told her that he cares for her, but she couldn’t. She had swimmed too deep to return.

“Sarang, that’s not what I’m trying to say.” He interjected, but she raised her hand to stop him.

“I make you weak. I make the great Dragon weak, is that it? Can your pride and ego really not take that, or do you have to cut of everything connecting to me in order for you to feel like I can no longer crawl into your life?” She hissed venomously at him.

“Can you just listen to me?” He begged, but her mind was to clouded by anger to really hear his plead.

“God, it was you who should have died and not my parents!” She screamed, she was flabbergasted by her words, because she had hit a cord. She had hit the bulls eye perfectly. She had sailed the Titanic into a Mount Everest size iceberg. She had shoved Kris off a cliff with no return and no safety net to catch him. She knew she had gone too far now, and she had drown. 

He lunged at her, his body crashing against her. His arms flung out and wrapped themselves around before squeezing. Sarang felt her lungs become deprived of oxygen and countered by twisting his right arm before breaking from his hold. This only resulted in her being tossed halfway across the room where she fell onto the ground. Pain shot through her body. The physical pain was nothing compared to the pain in her heart. It spread like a loose wild fire, quickly engulfing every part of her.

He marched up to her and grabbed her arms, pulling her up harshly, “Get the hell out!” He hissed. He was being dead serious.

“Kris, I-“

“Shut up!” He snapped. She knew better than to bring up the topic of her parents. It was sort of like the big elephant in the room.

“What the hell is going on, we hear screaming and-" Tao paused when he saw the tensed tension and the merciless look in Kris’s eyes that screamed bloody murder. Kris dragged a distorted Sarang out of his room, down the hall, and out of the house. He pushed her off the front door step.

Kris stood by the doorway, his dark presence filled the air and Sarang could see all of the boys, Tao and Chen included, in the back behind Kris. They were confused and scared because they had never seen Kris his agitated.

“You’re going to leave. You’re going to walk away and if I ever see your face again. I don’t care who your parents were, I don’t need you to help us. You will not interfere in our business. If you do, I. Will. Kill. You.”

Sarang was in the in between state of shock, anger, confusion, and fear. All these emotions spun so fast she felt like she couldn’t breathe.

“Don’t.” She begged, her voice was only a soft whisper in the wind. “Don’t do this to me.” She sounded like a child, lost and broken.

Kris gave no remorse, and right now a single emotion took over her, numbing her core inside out. Heartbreak.

He stepped back in, and slammed the front door.

-------

Luhan knew it wasn’t a good idea to talk to Kris. He had to though if he wanted to understand what really happened. He realized that he was partially at fault for whatever went down between them.

He had never expected this to happen though. He watched from the background as Kris reloaded his gun again before he started shooting at the target up ahead.

“You know that I lied right.” Luhan confessed. Kris froze and he slowly, almost too slowly, put his gun down on the table and turned around to face Luhan.

“I know.” He retorted. There was a deadly spark in Kris right now and Luhan knew he would have to tread carefully if he wanted to avoid another one of Kris’s outburst. Kris was not in the right emotional mindset.

“So what made you realize that you like her?” Luhan decided to ask, his voice was light, but that was only because he didn’t want to dampen the mood even more.

“When you told me you kissed her you dickhead.” He answered and you can tell that Kris was jealous as hell. When he found out about the kiss something in him snapped, like the brick wall holding in all his emotions had suddenly fallen. “That can’t happen you know, so stop playing cupid and just focus on killing.” Kris demanded strictly. He and Sarang were not supposed to happen.

Kris pushed Sarang away because if he got any closer he would become addicted to her, and when that happens, she will become his biggest weakness, something that he couldn’t afford.

“She makes me weak.”

“She makes you human.”

“Same difference Luhan.” Kris retorted.

Luhan shook his head, “No it’s not.” Luhan pressed. “What’s really bothering you, I know you for too long and too well to know that you don’t make hasty decisions like that.”

“You really need to shut the hell up sometimes Luhan.” Kris snapped stepping towards his second lead. Luhan wasn’t going to give up, but he wasn’t a fool and knew when to back down. He wasn't planning on being added to Kris's kill list.

“I don’t need you trying to bug your way into my life. I’m ending it with her. Everything that has to do with Lee Sarang will be cut out of my life and that includes you. So both you and the boys get her out of your lives, or you’re out of here. Understood?” Kris demanded.  

Luhan couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Kris was threatening him, which he never seriously did, because of Sarang. Why was Kris making this such a big deal. Did she really say something that could provoke him that much. He knew she most likely did, or else Kris wouldn't be like this. The only thing he could think of that made sense was if Sarang brought up her parents, because Sarang didn't know Kris was scared of repeating history all over again.

“You know my loyalty is with you.” Luhan stated, not quite answering his question.

“Then show it.”

Luhan didn’t say anything else. He just turned around and walked away. He could see the rest of EXOM by the top of the stairs and by the looks in their faces; they had heard the whole conversation.

“He’s stupid.”

“He’s stubborn.”

“He’s a fool.”

Luhan frowned. ”He just kicked an amazing woman out of his life, and it's all because he's too scared."

-----

 

 

 

 

Don't shoot me, but this chapter had to happen in order for the story to progress the way I want. I wasn't intending to make Kris look like such a pompus , but somehow things just unravelled that way.