Chapter Fifteen.

Dragon's Mark

Sarang was stunned when Luhan kissed her, her head was clouded with questions and confusion. Why was he kissing her?

Luhan slowly pulled back and she could only stare at him with wide, shock eyes. Slowly a small smile appeared on his lips. His smile looked sad however, or maybe it was his eyes that looked sad.

“Anything?” He asked quietly. She didn’t respond, probably because she was still trying to comprehend what just happened. “Did you feel anything at all?” He asked.

She took in his question. Did she feel anything? Sure, his lips were soft and gentle; he kissed her like she was a fragile porcelain doll, like she was almost innocent. That was just it. There were no sparks, no touch of magic, no romance, no passion, nothing at all. It was nothing like how she felt when Kris kissed her.

“Nothing.” She whispered softly. He looked at her for a few seconds before a grateful smile appeared on his face. He looked relieved.

“Good.” He said. She narrowed her eyes at him. What was he doing?

“What the hell Luhan, you don’t go around kissing people!” She snapped flaring her arms up into the air.

“I know. You can be mad if you want, but I just wanted to see if I was right.” He responded thoughtfully. He acted like the kiss was nothing, and it probably was nothing to him.

“Right about what?”

“Your feelings stupid, what else.” He answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Then what did you realize about my feelings?” She questioned, interested with what he was able to decipher. She was interested and scared at the same time. How was it that he saw through her so easily?

“Once you fall in love with someone, you don’t fall out of love with them. Once you love, you love madly and eternally. You love wholeheartedly and blindly. You love in the most dangerously kind of way Sarang.”

Sometimes she wonders if this man was a killer or a psychologist. She knew he was right, like usual, and there was no way of escaping his watchful eyes.

“I’m falling in love with him?” She asked, she sounded like a little girl who walked too deep into the woods and didn’t know how to get back.  

“You tell me.”

“I still can’t believe you kissed me. Couldn’t you get what you wanted using other means?” She snapped. He laughed, which irritated her even more.

“I could, but I guess this was the fastest way.” He replied lightly. “Hey, I did apologize beforehand.” He reminded. She sulked, rolling her eyes at him.

“Can you do me a favor?” He asked timidly and hesitantly, a complete 180 of how attitude a few seconds ago.

“You’re not kissing me again you .” She answered, still irritated.

He shook his head, “No, not that.”

He looked around the air oddly like he was deciding if he should ask or not. She really didn’t care; she just wanted to sort out everything she was feeling. She knew that liking Kris was bad, but falling in love with him, she was acting like the captain of the Titanic sailing straight  into the iceberg.

“Be careful with his heart. It’s more fragile than you think.” Luhan mumbled softly completing catching her off guard, like he always did with his actions and words.

Before she could reply he had already opened the door back into the house. Sarang could only follow behind, her mind clouded with what he had said.  She didn’t own Kris’s heart, so why would Luhan ask her something she had no control over?

-----

Kris, Lay and Xiumin were in the kitchen. They were seated around the dining table. The entire table was covered with stacks of papers and documents. Not an inch of the redwood could be seen underneath the layers of paper.

Sarang concluded that Tao and Chen were on patrolled or were somewhere trying to track Xavier down. Luhan pulled out the chair next to Lay and sat down. Sarang kept her distance so she just leaned against the countertop next to the table which was a safe distance from the group.

“What were you two doing outside?” Kris asked without looking up from the documents in his hands that he was reading over. He sounded angry, upset, tired, and another emotion Sarang couldn’t decipher. 

Luhan looked over to Sarang before returning his gaze to Kris. “Just talking.” He replied nonchalantly, before pulling open a large vanilla envelope.

“Anything else?” He pressed on the topic not feeling satisfied with the answer he received from Luhan.   

“Not really,” Luhan answered, his tone was still light and casual, but Sarang did notice the slight mischievous undertone in his voice. “We talked, I kissed her, she snapped at me, we talked more and came back inside.” He added. Sarang’s jaw dropped. Her shocked eyes fell on Luhan who was still casually reading through the documents in his hand. He looked too relax and right now she wanted to strangle the bastard. Then she moved her eyes to Kris who looked like he was ready to burn Seoul down to ashes.

“You did what?’ Lay asked in disbelief.

“You kissed her? Are you out of your mind, of course you’re out of your mind, I forgot who you were. Still, you don’t go around kissing people Luhan, especially the Dragon’s fiancée.” Xiumin reminded.

“You let him kiss you?” Kris accused, directing his attention to her. What? How could he accused her of that, he made it sound like she some who went around locking lips with notorious gang members. She looked at him, and she wished she didn’t because instead of the anger she expected to see, she saw pain in his eyes.

Don’t go soft on me now

“It’s not like I let him kissed me, he cornered me.” She snapped angrily. It wasn’t like she let Luhan kissed her, it just happened, just like every time she kissed him.

“You can kill someone in a split second, track us down to the end of the world, but once you get corner by a man your brain goes blink. How pathetic are you.” He hissed angrily. The pain in his face was replaced with anger.

“Can you stop PMSing, it’s not like it was my fault and don’t act like you were any different when you cornered me last night.” She scoffed. There was fire burning in her eyes and right now all she could feel was anger and intense fury growing in her stomach.

“You kissed her last night?” Lay asked, still trying to catch up to the conversation.

“I knew there was something different about you two the second you returned.” Xiumin said in realization while he looked back and forth between the two of them.

“Do you like her?” Kris asked, this time his attention was on Luhan who still hadn’t looked up once from the documents in his hands. His eyes slowly met with Kris’s. “Do you like Sarang?” Kris repeated.

Sarang couldn’t believe what she was hearing because she knew that Luhan didn’t like her like that. What she couldn’t believe even more was the pain of her heart dropping when Kris asked Luhan that.

Luhan had a scheming look in his innocent face and she could tell that Luhan had the crazy wheels in his head spinning at full speed.  

“Yes.” Luhan answered firmly looking Kris straight in the eye. Sarang wanted to march up to the man and smack him senseless, but her body refused to move. It was like she actually wanted to see what Luhan had in store for them.

A series of emotions danced in Kris’s eyes, all of which entered and disappeared too rapidly for her to decipher. All she wanted to do was know what he was thinking right now.

“Okay then.” Kris affirmed shocking the whole group, Luhan included. He pushed the chair he was seated in back, stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

Before he left he stopped and turned around, “Then I can break the engagement. If you like her, be with her.” He said to Luhan. He turned around again and left.

“What the hell just happened?” Lay asked, completely lost.

“Damn, it wasn’t supposed to go like that. I forgot how unpredictable he can be.” Luhan mumbled, frustrated at how Kris had reacted. He forgot that he could never expect what Kris’s next move is going to be.

Luhan thought the Dragon was going to get jealous, throw a fit, pull Sarang away and corner her into a make-out session.

“What, were you trying to make him jealous?” Lay asked turning around to look at Sarang. He had never seen her in such a dazed state. “Are you okay?” He asked Sarang.

“No.” She answered. She wasn’t even trying to hide her emotions. Of course she wasn’t okay with him breaking the engagement, what was he thinking now?

She hadn’t expected Luhan’s answer, but she knew he only said that to pissed Kris off. Kris’s reaction however wasn’t what any of them expected. She felt disappointed in him because she half-expected him to punch Luhan senseless, or remind everyone that she was his. She thought he would at least try and half-heartedly fight for her. Did he even care? She guessed he didn’t because he announced that he would break their engagement off just like that.

“He’s probably in his room. Just go up the stairs and turn right. It’s the last door at the end of the hallway.” Lay shouted to her. She skipped up the stairs, her thoughts bombarding her mind. Her emotions felt so unstable, and she wasn’t used to this. Sarang was good with not caring, being blunt, being cold and defensive. She wasn’t someone who strived on emotions and feelings so she tried pushing them aside and only focusing on one task. She was going to figure out what the hell Kris was thinking. What she didn't know yet was that this was going to be a big mistake.