Chapter One.

Dragon's Mark

"No."

"Yes."

"Hell no."

"Unbelievable."

Kris groaned, slamming his fist into the man in front of him. He scooped up one of his knives and left several stab holes in the man. He watched the body collapse onto the ground. A satisfied smirk appeared on his face.

"Seriously, an arranged marriage." Luhan repeated for the nth time. Kris would have preferred having this conversation somewhere other than here because here was the middle of a giant warehouse, in the middle of nowhere, which was being used as storage for drugs. EXOM had just taken out the guys who ran the place. They threaten to report EXOM to the police after an incident that occurred in Belgium a week ago. Kris brushes the invisible dust off himself before examining the room. Blood oozed against the ground as dead bodies lay, scattered at every corner. There was broken glass everywhere, and bullet holes lined every corner of the walls.

"Burn this place." He ordered, Lay was in the corner of the room, already pouring gasoline on the ground.

"Roger that, Dragon." He replied. Xiumin was already following behind, playing with his lighter, ready to set the place in flames.

"So, what's her name?" Tao asked with a little too much excitement in his voice. Kris could already see the wheels inside Tao's head begin to spin. That was never a good sign. He could tell everybody was listening in to the conversation.

He groaned, it, they were going to find out anyways. Better from him than the media right.

"Sarang. Lee Sarang."

-----

"You're alive." He mumbled glancing up at his granddaughter as she walked into his office. The place was a soul black hole. She hated being in here; in fact, she hated being any place close to him for that matter.

"I never get tired of hearing that." She retorted with a twisted smirk. The events of last night didn't go according to her plans.

"I'm sure you heard the news." He stated. How can she not? Half of Korea knows by now. Sarang didn't enjoy knowing that she was to be wed to a complete stranger through the news, but a girl could never hold high expectations right.

"I don't even know him." She replied softly. She was tired of this; she was tired of all of it. But she had no choice, she was getting married.

"You will get the chance to know him. You're meeting him, tomorrow night." He stated dryly and indifferently. Tomorrow night would be the opening of Lee Corporation's Chinese Branch. The media was all over it; especially since the news surfaced that the heir of Wu Corporations was going to be marrying the granddaughter of Lee Corporation's CEO.

Her grandfather had literally invited all of Asia to the event tomorrow night. It was also going to be the night where she would meet her fiancée for the first time. She groaned at the thought of that. Marrying a complete stranger wasn't on her Things To Do Before I Get My Brains Blown Out list.

"I suggest you stay in tonight. I don't want you messing around tonight." His voice indicated that he was being a caring grandfather, but Sarang knew better. It was a direct warning, and one that should be followed.

"Yes grandfather." She responded softly before bowing and exiting the room. She marched her way through the Lee estate, and out the front door. She jumped into her car, a flashy black Lamborghini, and zoomed off into the night.

The city of Seoul flashed by. Even at this late hour, the city was still as awake as ever. The bright city lights lit up the world like a Christmas tree. The shops were filled with people. Laughter from different sets of tongues and voices entered her ears as she rolled the windows of her car down. The wind blew in, picking up strands of her silky ebony hair.

Sarang turned into a empty road, and parked her car in a quiet corner near the Han River. The chatterbox of voices were gone, the lights were dimmer, and the wind was stronger and cleaner. She stared out at the river with blank eyes. Her eyes held the voyages of broken dreams and hopes, the brave determination of a fool, and the stubbornness of a mule.

Slamming her fist against the wheel of her car she screamed in anger. Her hands formed fists as her nails dug into the skin of her palms.

A flash of memory resurfaced, breaking through the Great Wall Of China she had built in her mind. The memory was still fresh in her head, and still affected her the same way as it did before;

A teenage girl fell onto the ground, blood covering her school uniform as the sky poured its worst havoc on her. The acid rain poured endlessly and heavily, washing traces of the blood off. A car laid ahead, as fire ate it up. Inside the car laid the only home she had ever known.

It was unmistakable that the warm liquid spilling down her cheeks were not due to the rain. She was crying, she was falling apart right at this moment. At this moment, she crumbled. She shattered.

Sarang blocked the memory out of her mind and focused her attention on her current situation.

She took out her laptop and turned it on as she sorted through some files she had collected over the years.

She was looking for one in specific. The one with information on EXO, an underground gang that was divided into two subgroups. One was stationed here in Seoul, the other in China. EXO was feared by many. They were on the top of the food chain. Trained assassins who deal not only in killing, but in hacking into the government files, stealing precious artifacts, and expanding their territory. Though she didn't know the members of the gang, she knew one thing. Finding out who EXO essential.

 

 

 

 

This is sort of a prologue chapter that will give a better view of the characters.