Pretending Game.

Rose's Thorns

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

Both Ahra and Byul were shocked seeing each other in their boyfriend’s apartment. Even though Byul was preparing everything for today, even though she already knew that today would come. Ahra held her tears, seeing them, the most trustworthy people in her life are stabbing her from the back with a sharp knife. They just stood like a statue, no words were spoken, just the silence that exists between hundreds of regrets.

 

“I can’t believe this, you both worse than the devil!” Ahra turned around, had enough to see two people who just stand in front of her without saying anything. Ahra back the tears as strong as possible, the pain is in her heart.

 

Meanwhile Jongin was outside playing with his feet, tucking his hands in his pocket. He was very bored, he almost died of boredom. He re-excited when he saw her come out, preparing to launch the words to insult her for having made him wait.

 

“What makes you so long? Don’t you know I'm so bored, I almost died here. My legs were very sore, you didn’t even give me a seat? After throwing my face with a bag, now you've dared to make me wait!” he said, running after her quickly.

 

Jongin realized that Ahra didn’t answer, she just walked lowering her face. Jongin didn’t dare to ask but he knew that something had happened inside. In the elevator, she still didn’t say anything but Jongin saw something fall from her eyes, a tear.

 

“Are you crying?” he asked, looking at her face carefully. Ahra immediately looked away, don’t want anyone to pity her because they saw her crying.

“I didn’t cry, something had entered into my eyes.” She lied, wiping the tears from her own eyes. But Jongin can’t be fooled, he grabbed her neck, forcing her to look at him. Ahra was stubborn and tried to avoid his gaze but the grip was too strong, she was forced to look at his face.

“I don’t care why you're crying, I just don’t like to see someone crying, stop your tears!”

 

Rather than stop crying, she even more offended by his words. Ahra was just about to reply to the words but the elevator doors opened, some reporters were surprised to see what they were looking for was standing in front of them with a boy.

 

Ahra should have ran but this time she was too tired, her legs were trembling and unable to walk. The journalists immediately turned their cameras, launched a variety of questions to her. Ahra just hid behind Jongin as she cried, covering her face. Jongin took the initiative to save her, he hugged her and take her away from the reporters who incessantly ask. The reporters surrounded them, shoved a microphone into their faces. Ahra doesn’t like it, they both don’t like this but they both have been trapped.

 

“So you've been hiding in your boyfriend’s apartment?”

“What do you think about the arrest of your father?”

“Why are you hiding? What about your school?”

“Who is this man? Is he your new boyfriend?”

 

Jongin tried to pass them, his hands are still hugging her who still crying right now. Ahra doesn’t know what she should do, she just follows where Jongin will bring her. But the reporters didn’t stop to ask and it hurts her. Jongin succeeded, they could finally breathe fresh air and walk freely out of the building.

 

“Are you going to stop making your father feel ashamed? Are you going to follow your father to break up with Kim Myungsoo?”

 

One question that made Ahra wants to stop running and turn around. Ahra let go of Jongin’s arms and wipe her tears. She turned to the reporters who were waiting for the answer, standing strong as she is normally. “My father was never ashamed of me and yes, I broke up with Kim Myungsoo because I don’t love him anymore. And another thing, shut the up! Stop taking care of other people's business!”

 

Although she wanted to cry, she couldn’t and didn’t want to cry in front of reporters. The show will be watched by everyone in this country and she should look strong without tears. Jongin smiled proudly, this girl could still pretend to be strong.

 

Ahra walked off the building and Jongin just following her. He knows that the girl has so much hurt and pain but she has to keep up her pride in front of the reporters. Jongin doesn’t know what made her crying after seeing her boyfriend, she should have to be happy or something like that. Jongin is so proud of her for many reasons even though he hates her for many unreasonable reasons too.

 

Suddenly, Ahra stopped her steps, she held her stomach and lowered her head. She didn’t eat since last night and her stomach is aching right now. She has too many problems that she can’t handle by herself yet she is trying to be strong and positive thinking. Jongin saw her and quickly ran after her, seeing her face which is becoming pale. He remembered something, Sehun said that Ahra didn’t eat since last night. Jongin dragged her to the nearest McDonalds. Yes, luckily there’s a McDonalds near them and they just have to take a walk to reach it. Ahra protested, trying to jerk his hand off her.

 

“What are you doing? I’m not going to eat. I want to go home!” she protested.

“I’m going to buy you a happy meal, your face is so gloomy and ugly, and unhappy!” Jongin pulled the chair and made her to sit down there. He walked to order a happy meal for her and in a few minutes Jongin’s back with a happy meal with him. He placed it on the desk, forcing her to eat.

 

“I said I’m not going to eat. I want to go home!” Ahra shouted at him and stood up, leaving him behind. Jongin has so much stress for babysitting this hard-headed girl today. Jongin was not usually like this, he was a carefree person, he never cared about everything and he wouldn’t ever care about anything but when Ahra appeared in his life, everything’s changed, maybe. Once again, the carefree Kim Jongin suddenly wants to protect someone and he’s worried about Ahra. He ran after her, grabbing her arms and forcing her to look at his eyes. But Ahra is crying, her cheek is wet and her arms are trembling. Jongin loosened his grip, trying to look at her eyes.

 

“I’m so done with all. My father’s case, I have to transfer schools, I have to move to my aunt’s house, my so called boyfriend and best friend are dating behind my back and now the reporters. I know I have to be strong in front of the peoples, but I’m just an 18 year old girl for god’s sake!” Ahra’s crying, letting her flawless cheek to wet because of her heavy tears. Jongin looked at her and slowly wrapped his arms around her. In his whole life, this is the first time he wants to soothe other people when they’re crying, this is the first time he wants to care. Jongin felt different and wrong, he doesn’t want to let his walls down but for this girl, it’s different. This girl is different. He might fall in love with her or he just felt pity for her.

 

Ahra’s crying in his chest, crying as hard as possible. It’s the first time for her too, the first time for her to let other people see her tears, to see her crying.

 

Ahra opened the door and Sehun’s nags are welcoming her. She walked straight to her room and Sehun still non-stop nagging at her. Usually, she’d fight him back and curse him but at this moment, Cha Ahra is tired. Yes, she’s tired for the first time in her life. She has to face the reality that her life as the famous, rich and the princess Cha Ahra had been done.

 

“You owe me a big time because I just covered you to the teacher saying you’re sick and have to go home. I just don’t want dad to make me forever sticking with you at school. At least you have to treat me a bubble tea, go it?!” Sehun said in front of Ahra’s room but Ahra didn’t even give a to him, she slammed the door in front of him and locked the door. Sehun knocked the door several times, he even kicked it. “You little brat! Next time I won’t do it anymore for you! I hate you five-ever!”

 

Ahra took out all of her belongings that related to Myungsoo and Byul. Their photos, the dolls, the gifts and the so called love letters. She puts it into a box and carried it, she opened the door and found Sehun still standing. Ahra gave the box to Sehun, “For you, burn it or do whatever you want. It gave me bad luck.”

 

Sehun stared at her with a confused face after Ahra slammed the door. He took a framed photo of Ahra, Myungsoo and Byul and thinking so hard while standing. “Don’t say that someone just added some problems to her already-has-many-problems’ life.” Sehun said, feel pity for his cousin.

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

author's notes; Subscribe+upvote for this story and leave your comment here, I really need your opinion to continue my story, it gives me a boost tbh.