Daddy's Little Daughter.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

“Will you forgive me?”

“I’ve forgiven you.”

“Will you forgive Jongin?”

Silence.

She breathed heavily, looking at the wave in front of her. His annoying smile suddenly appeared in between the sound of the wave and it made her want to cry. Even if she found his smile, his laugh and his attitude annoying, he’s still the only one Kim Jongin that Ahra loved. “I… will… someday.”

“Someday?”

Ahra nodded, “Someday.”

“It’s like you have no intention to forgive him.” He stated. “He’s a good kid, why don’t you try to give him one more chance?”

“Wow, I thought you hated him? Or? Is it because you both cheated on me and now you’re on his side?”

He coughed, “Don’t bring that topic back.”

“Don’t bring Jongin back.” Her gaze was empty, her heart was in pain, her mind was messed and her life was hopeless. If she could turn back the time, she’d prefer not to trust anyone anymore after Myungsoo and Byul hurt her. But Jongin, he made Ahra trust him, he fixed Ahra’s broken heart, he gave a light to her life after what people did to her. But in the end, he ruined it all. “If I could throw away all my memories about him along with the waves, I really wanted to.”

“Don’t. Throwing away memories isn’t that useful, it made you more and more remember about the memories. The more you wanted to forget something, the more you remembered it.” He smiled and threw a small stone into the ocean, “Because I’ve always failed to forget you.”

“Make up with Jongin, you will never regret it. That kid. He punched me, he yelled in my face, he hated me even before I know who is he. Because he wanted to protect you and your weak heart at that time. He didn’t think twice just to punch me in the bus station because he couldn’t think anything except you. I loved you, Ahra. But if you can’t be happy with me, if I can’t see your smile when you’re with me,” he hugged Ahra and her hair, “Go back with Jongin. Don’t make him frustrated like you did to me. I’m officially surrendering.”

**

“Are you out of your mind?! You didn’t answer our call! You turned your phone 24/7 and now you said you aren’t in Seoul? Your dad got a heart attack and we have to fly to China tomorrow morning, you moron!”

“Oh Sehun! Don’t joke around!”

“What the hell?! I didn’t even joke around with you. I’m in’ serious right now! Everybody’s panicked here because of you! Quickly pack your things and back to Seoul. Now!” And Sehun hang up the phone. The Oh family were panicked because as soon as they got the news that Cha Chi Soo got a heart attack, when they tried to contact Ahra, they couldn’t. They really have to arrive in China as soon as possible, but they also have to wait for Ahra.

She dropped her phone and quickly packed her thing without thinking twice. She might leave some things in the hotel room, but she didn’t care, she didn’t even think about that. She just packed her things just like what Sehun told on the phone.

It was past midnight and she’s not in the town. She didn’t know how to reach Seoul as fast as possible by herself. Her last option was Myungsoo.

“Wait, what happened? Why you packed your things?” Myungsoo tried to calm her down even though he’s still half-awake.

She sobbed, then cried out loud. “My… Dad… he… he got a heart attack. We have to… r-r-reach Seoul right now.”

“What? Then, let’s go! We’re in a rush!”

They ran to the parking lot and Myungsoo was driving to the town on the empty road. It was empty, cold and dark. Just like Ahra’s heart. She didn’t stop crying, she kept her head down and prayed to God, hoped that nothing will be happening to her Dad. The way to Seoul was twice farer than she thought and it made her go crazy.

“Daddy… Daddy…” she sobbed like a little kid and her tears didn’t stop from falling. “Why I kept doing something wrong? Why? Uh…. why…” her little fist punched her bag and then she rested her head in the bag… crying.

“Just sleep, I will wake you up when we’re in Seoul.”

“I don’t even know how to sleep right now.”

“Close your eyes, and think about you good memories. When the bad memories appeared, quickly shove it away. You’ll slowly fall asleep.”

Ahra did it, she did it. When Myungsoo told her to close her eyes, she closed her eyes. When Myungsoo told her to think about her good memories, she thought about her good memories. When Myungsoo told her to shove the bad memories away… she didn’t do it. Instead, she watched the bad memories that surrounded her.

Her sleep turned out to have a bad dream.

Myungsoo saw her crying even when she was sleeping. He stopped his car and gave Ahra his jacket. When she was sleeping, Myungsoo stole one kiss on her forehead. He’s a bit tricky, but he has no choice. It might be his last kiss for her. Because he didn’t want to ruin her life anymore, he told Jongin to protect her because he knew that Ahra is belong to Jongin, not him.

**

“Aunty…” she walked to the house slowly just to see her Aunt was crying on the couch. When heard the sound of Ahra, she ran into her and hugged her tightly. “My Dad… he is still fine… right?”

Mrs. Oh nodded and it made Ahra a little relief. “I’m sorry for disappearing these days… I…”

“It’s okay. You’re not a little kid anymore, you might have your own problem. But still, turning your phone off 24/7 is a crime for us. Sehun even called all of your friends because he was worried.”

“What?! I didn’t worried!” Sehun suddenly blurted out.

Ahra looked at Myungsoo, “Do you want to sleep here? You haven’t slept since last night… because of me.”

“It’s okay. My apartment isn’t too far from here. Besides, it’s 5 a.m.”

“Are you really okay? Just sit for a while and I will make a hot chocolate for you. Don’t drive in a worse condition. You might crash into something.” Mrs. Oh led Myungsoo into the living room and Ahra followed them. They sat on the couch but didn’t say any words.

When the hot chocolate arrived, they looked into each other, and smiled. “Thank you, for everything.” Ahra gave him his jacket.

“Have a safe flight. And tell your Dad, I missed him. Don’t hate me anymore.” He laughed a little.

**

“Mom!!! Where’s Oh Sehun and his family? Why nobody’s there and why his phone is turned off? Why Sehun and Ahra is so similar? Why they loved to turn off their phone?” Jongin nagged to his Mom as soon as he reached his home. He pressed the bell on Sehun’s home tons of time, but nobody opened the door for him.

“Really? They might be somewhere on they might in the plane.”

“Plane?”

“Oh! I remembered, yesterday she told me that Ahra’s Dad got a heart attack and they will leave for China for a few days.” She said while chopping the tomatoes.

Meanwhile Jongin, he was dumbfounded. He didn’t know that Ahra’s Dad got a heart attack. He didn’t know Ahra might be here last night and now she’s not here anymore. She might be down… first it’s because of him… and now… it’s her Dad.

**

“Where’s Cha Chi Soo’s room?” she asked in English, and as soon as the nurse told her the room, she rushed to her Dad. She didn’t feel the jetlag, she didn’t feel tired, she didn’t feel hungry. She didn’t feel anything, she couldn’t think about anything except her Dad.

She found her dad was lying there wearing hospital pajamas. He closed his eyes peacefully. Cha Chi Soo looked so weak and thin. His face is so pale, he has so many wrinkles on his face. He looked much older than before. He worked so hard, he was ever thinking about everything.

It’s been three days and her Dad hasn’t woken up yet. She’s always there, beside her Dad and held his cold hand. She would cry in the morning when she saw her Dad hasn’t woken up and so on the next day… and on the next day.

She had lost her Mom and that was enough. She didn’t want lost her Dad because he’s the only one that she has right now.

“Take a rest, Ahra. I will take care of him.”

Suddenly his fingers moved slowly, rubbing Ahra’s hand that held onto it. They quickly called the doctor and finally, Cha Chi Soo has awake.

“Dad…” Ahra hugged him and cried in his chest. She couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. She was very happy to see her Dad again.

Cha Chi Soo smiled, “Ahra…. Why…. You… didn’t… pick… up my… calls?”

“I’m sorry, Dad. I will never ever turn off my phone when I’m not with you anymore. I will never ever leave you anymore. I will move to China.”

“You… what?” Mrs. Oh whispered to her in shocked. She dragged Ahra along with her meanwhile the doctors checked Chi Soo’s condition. “Tell me, do you really want to move, or?”

“I do, Aunty. I don’t want to leave my Dad anymore. I will leave Korea and all of its memories behind.”

“What about your study?”

“I will back to Korea in a few days to send my withdrawal letter to the University. I’m sorry that I wasted your money, Aunty.”

Sehun ran to her and dragged her with him, “What? You what? Withdraw?”

“Don’t drag me!”

“Answer me!”

“Yes, I will move to China. I want to withdraw with my study. I want to be on my Dad’s side. I’m tired, Oh Sehun. I’m so in’ tired, don’t you know? I want to stop everything right now! I will back to Korea in a few days to send the letter.”

Sehun smiled painfully, “Was that Jongin? He was the one of your reasons, right?”

“And don’t tell Jongin that I will be back to Korea just to pack my things. Don’t ever dare to tell him that I will move to China with my Dad.”

***

28k6flk.jpg

A/n; aaa...... it's almost the end! Chapter 41 will be the last chapter and chapter 42 will be the epilogue. And a little ad! Check my newest story it's SINCERITY. Starring Sehun, Luhan and a girl named Sora. It's worth to read (for me because I'm the author lmao) I will work harder for you guys!♥ Click here to check the story -> (♥♥♥♥♥♥)

ps; if you dont check the story, Sehun will peel your skin alive (jk lmao)