Back.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

Jongin blocked her way and it made Ahra angrier at him. Jongin wasn’t the only one who’s tired of this fight but sometimes he acted like he’s the only one who fight for this relationship. Ahra has many things to think and if they keep fighting like this nobody knows what will happen to them later.

Meanwhile Myungsoo, he locked himself in his room all day long and going out in the night. But he didn’t do the one night stand anymore, he went out to drink because at least when he was drunk, he could forget Ahra for a while.

He always scolded himself for being such a to Ahra, for hurting her and for cheating on her. But the time wouldn’t be back, he has to work his off to gain Ahra’s heart again. Even though it’s kind of difficult because Jongin has stole Ahra’s heart and he wouldn’t give it to anyone.

“You were right. We need a break, we need to stay away from each other and think what should we do besides fighting because you were an these days.”

“Let me explain to you, Gosh, Cha Ahra listen to me!”

Ahra looked into his eyes and smiled painfully, “What? That you slept with es? Do you want to explain that? No, thanks. My ears would be hurt.”

“Why you never listen to me? I just want to explain to you because I didn’t do something for nothing. I mean, I always have a reason behind my action but you will never listen to me.”

“Do you want to explain that you have a reason for sleeping with es while you have a girlfriend? How many times I told you to listen to me, to listen to my explanation and my reason when I did something that you don’t like? Jongin, you heard, but you don’t listen!”

The boy froze for a while. She was right and it made Jongin hurt, she made him down yet angrier. “! I just want to say that I missed you like hell but this gets ing difficult and I get mad over nothing.”  Jongin messed up with his hair and suddenly his eyes were tearing but he held it, he didn’t want to cry in front of Ahra. Jongin has a pride and it’s the most expensive thing for him. “You were right, we need a break. But it doesn’t mean that we broke up. You still my girlfriend and you have to stay away from Myungsoo.”

“Was that an order? Because if it’s yes, I will gladly refuse it.”

And they did it. They did stay away from each other for past one week, and Jongin would drag Ahra along with him when he found Ahra with Myungsoo and he would leave Ahra just like that. The bully didn’t stop either, Hyomin and her friends kept bullying Ahra for her past.

Jongin knew that some students were bullying Ahra but he didn’t know who started it first. At the university, Hyomin and her friends did but in the past… Ahra did.

He talked to the students to stop but just some of them who listened to him. Some of them didn’t because they didn’t like Ahra for many reasons.

Ahra didn’t take the bully with her, she let it go and she would always covering her ears. Every single person on the planet has a story. The people might be surprised if Ahra tell them the reason why she did many wrong things in the past.

And it’s the third day of Cha Chi Soo’s freedom. Ahra didn’t sleep in the dorm for the past three days because she wanted to meet her dad everyday. Because Ahra knew that her dad would move to China in days.

“Dad, let’s buy some ice creams!”

“It would be nice if you acted like this a long time ago.” Chi Soo smiled at his daughter as Ahra her ice cream. She’s still a kid, she needs her parents and she needs their love. “But I have to go in two days.”

“What? You just had your freedom, dad! Don’t over think about the money and the company!”

Chi Soo her hair, “You don’t understand about this. I wanted to stay here with you 24/7 but I couldn’t. The investor of our company would arrive in Chine in three days and I have to prepare everything. Even though the invest isn’t as big as before but at least someone still has his trust in us. And I don’t want to let it go, understand?”

“What if he stabs you in the back like Ji Sung did?”

“If you wanted to be trusted, try to trust someone. Even if you have a trauma about it.” And Ahra knew what the meaning behind her dad’s words.

From now on, Ahra would support her dad’s job and all of his decisions. And she didn’t want Chi Soo to know about her part-time job… yet.

“Do you want something for your early birthday?” Taeyeon sat beside him but he didn’t even look at her. Jongin kept playing with his phone. “Tell me your wish, I’m genie for you, boy~”

Jongin side-eyed Taeyeon and then threw his phone. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep but Taeyeon knew that Jongin was just pretending to sleep so she waited for him in his bed. This cold boy is her brother, her little brother who needs love from people around him.

Taeyeon always gave him the love that Jongin needed but he didn’t want to accept it.

“It’s sad how I don’t even know when my brother had his first crush, how her hair grow and how he became this tall. It’s even sadder when finally I could sleep in our house again but he didn’t even talk to me.”

Taeyeon remembered how Jongin would hug her every time he cried when he was a kid. When Jongin was shorter than Taeyeon. When Jongin would ask Taeyeon for an ice cream. When Jongin would tell her that he loved Taeyeon the most in this world.

But since Taeyeon left home, since she made the whole country proud of her and since their parents always bragged Taeyeon to everyone, he changed.

And when In Jung left him, Kim Jongin was even worse.

She missed her little brother so much but she couldn’t bring him back either. He had changed and it fixed that he wouldn’t change to her little brother anymore. He hated her and it’s difficult to make him to like her again.

Jongin pulled the blanket and turned to the side, “Close the door when you leave.”

 

“I don’t know it’d be fun to watch a movie with you, Dad.”

He smiled, “You’re still daddy’s little daughter.” He’s happy that finally he could spend his day with Ahra without calls from the company about the meeting that would be held in a few minutes. He’s happy that finally he could talk normally with Ahra without a fight. He’s happy that finally his daughter is beside him.

But he had to fight for his small company in China and it’s for Ahra’s future. He knew that even though Ahra have no interest in business, at least he would give her shares, under her name. To make sure that she would have a bright future.

“When I was around your age, I was the most handsome flower boy at school.”

Sehun ripped the chips’ pack with his eyes were still focused on the TV, “Oh cool, we’re gonna hear the same story for the thousandth times.”

“I’m so excited.” Ahra said with sarcasm as she took a few chips from the pack.

But Sehun slapped her hand, “I don’t share, moron.”

“How great is your life, Oh Sehun!” and Ahra walked to her room and threw herself on the bed. She unlocked the phone and saw the wallpaper, it’s her and Jongin.

She missed Jongin, she missed his calls in the middle of the night and she missed his pointless text. She missed Kim Jongin. Without Jongin, her life felt empty yet quite. Nobody will pick a fight with her anymore. Nobody will get jealous and mad over nothing anymore.

And she hoped that when the time comes, when she and Jongin really have to get back, Jongin’s have already changed.

She loved him but she’s tired of loving this kind of person who didn’t let her socialize with people.

Ahra put on her jacket and walked in the neighborhood. When she walked across the garden, her eyes were locked to someone across the road. Jongin was there, standing and looking in her direction. His eyes were empty like he was staring in the air, but no, he was staring at her.

This often happened, when she walked on the campus and she had to meet Jongin but they didn’t talk. It made her sad. When she wanted to talk with Jongin but she couldn’t. Because Jongin seemed really need a break time to think and she’s too tired to fight.

She smiled and continued walking, leaving Jongin who’s still staring at her.

Jongin missed her but he wanted to make sure that when they get back together, there’s no fight between them anymore. He didn’t want to hurt her anymore, he didn’t want to make her cry anymore but he didn’t know what to do.

“Don’t be separated for too long, you will never know what will happen later. Neither you will love her more or it will be replaced by new people because you forgot how great was her love.”

And Jongin didn’t know what will happen, will he love her more or no.

 

“Do you really need to leave me, again?”

Cha Chi Soo cupped Ahra’s face with his palm and smiled to his only daughter, “I’m not leaving you, you still have me, okay?”

“But…” her eyes started to cry, “I… still missed… you. I wanted to go with you…” Ahra sobbed as she hugged her dad tightly. Oh family and Ahra sent Chi Soo to the airport for his flight to China in a few hours. Nobody accepted the fact that Chi Soo had to leave them again for his business but Chi Soo is being Chi Soo, when he made one decision, he would keep it with him forever.

“Don’t cry, you made me sad, Ahra. You know I missed you too, I wanted to be with my daughter forever but I really have to go, and it’s for you. Do you understand?”

Ahra nodded, and she couldn’t stop her tears for now.

“Take care of yourself Chi Soo.” Mrs. Oh hugged him and smiled.

Mr. Oh punched his shoulder just like their old time, “Don’t overwork yourself, dude!”

“Uncle, don’t forget to call us and Ahra. I don’t like the sound of her crying, it’s annoying.”

He laughed, “I don’t like it either.” And he hugged the boy. “Okay, it’s time for me to leave.”

Ahra hugged him once again and cried in his arms, “Bye, daddy. I won’t be in the headline news anymore. I promised.”

“Wow, I missed the old time when you always were the head topic in newspapers and magazines.”

And when Chi Soo walked away, Ahra watched his back which was getting further… and further. Back then when Chi Soo had to leave for a business trip, Ahra never cried, but at this time, she already understood what the meaning of love for parents.

 

“In… In Jung?”

The girl with long wavy hair turned to the familiar sound and automatically smiled when she saw…

“Jongin?” and she hugged him. The boy was frozen in his position, didn’t know how to react. Should he hug her back or no. the feeling was familiar for him just like the old times when In Jung hugged him. She is still the warm In Jung like she was back then.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were in Japan.”

In Jung pouted, letting her arms go from Jongin. “I thought you were waiting for me! You haven’t got any girl, right? Do you keep your promises?”

No. Jongin didn’t keep his promises to In Jung because he thought that In Jung will never come back to Korea, he thought that In Jung will never change her mind to give Jongin a simple ‘yes’.

She grinned, “Never mind. I came for my brother’s wedding. My family sent you an invitation, have you received it?”

“Oh. My mom might have checked the invitation.” Jongin suddenly remembered about their old times. How In Jung became his mood booster, how he always wanted to protect In Jung and how he loved In Jung back then. He was waiting for her but he stopped because he thought that waiting for her is useless, it’s hopeless. So, the day of Kim Jongin has become hopeless since that day he decided to move on from In Jung.

“So… who’s your current girlfriend?”

Jongin grabbed her hand without answering her even just for a word. He felt so wrong for not answering her but it felt so wrong either for saying that he has a girlfriend in front of In Jung. “It’s cold outside, let’s talk at my place.”

“It’s not like I don’t want to greet your family but I really have to go right now. Let’s meet later, okay?”

“Give me your phone number.”

“What?”

Jongin sighed and walked closer to her, “Give me your phone number so I wouldn’t lose you anymore.”

 

“I was about to have a sleep, dad, what are you doing? Do you miss me?”

“I do, a lot. And I’m going to sleep too, Ahra. But suddenly I remembered about you. Don’t be a naughty kid, promise? Don’t over think about money, just study, because I will work hard here to earn money for us, promise?”

She held her tears, she missed her dad but they’re too far away. She had to lie to her dad about everything because she didn’t want him to be worried about her condition. Something that the old Cha Ahra wouldn’t feel. “Promised, dad. I love you.”

“I love you too, Cha Ahra. Let’s sleep, okay?”

“Cha Ahra, it’s your turn to be the cashier. Why are you always talking with your boyfriend on the phone at your work time, huh?”

She nodded and quickly tied up her hair. She didn’t want her dad to know about her part time job because Cha Chi Soo would always against it. Even though they’re in a bad economics these days but Chi Soo doesn’t want his daughter to work and waste her energy, because for him, working as a duty for him as a parent.

“Welcome to Burger Breeze, may I help… you?”

“One cheeseburger without mayonnaise please, and a coke.” Hyomin smirked meanwhile Ahra just stayed in her position, shocked as hell. How did she know her workplace?

“What do you want, Im Hyomin?”

“I want one cheese burger without mayonnaise and one coke, didn’t you hear that earlier? You lost your ear instead your money and your reputation.”

“Payment first.”

“You’re poor now, Cha Ahra. How was it? Was it funny? Was it funny to stepped on someone’s face back then? And now, I’m one step ahead. I just stepped on your face, hard.”

“Payment first, please.” Ahra tried to be strong even though he’s trembling and tried to hold the tears. She knew that it was her fault to bully her back then, to bully all students that are not on her level back then, to look down at everyone

“This is your burger.”

“I’ve heard about your dad, was he really going to China? Why he didn’t bring you with him? Oh, is he still embarrassed to have a daughter like you?”

Ahra poured the coke to Hyomin’s clothes and it made everyone gasped, “I’ve heard that many times but I will tell you once again and it’s the last time that my dad will never embarrassed to have a daughter like me.”

“You- where’s the manager here?!”

Where’s Jongin when she needed him? Where’s the warm hug that he usually gave to her when she’s trembling? Where’s the sincere kiss that he usually gave to her when she’s crying?

They’re not a neighbor anymore, they didn’t meet anytime like they usually did. They’re in the different class in the university. Since Ahra moved to the dorm and started to work, they rarely meet. They missed each other, aren’t they?

 

“Was that funny to hide your part-time job from me?” Jongin waited her in front of the burger store with his arms crossed. He followed Ahra to this place and finally he found out that Ahra’s working here. He’s angry because Ahra hid it from him all this time.

“The manager just fired me. Funny, right?” And she tried to leave him but Jongin grabbed her arm.

“Why?”

“Because I just poured a coke to the customer.”

“If you want to have a job, at least you have to control yourself!”

Ahra smirked, looked at him in disbelief, “Look. We didn’t talk for two weeks, I thought that we will have a better relationship after our break. But I was wrong, we fought, again.”

“Do your ex know about your part-time job? Does he know while you hid it well from me?”

“Do we really have to talk about him?”

“I don’t have any mood to apologize to you now,” and Jongin hopped into his car, roared it and left Ahra just like that.

She sighed, “He’s really unbelievable.”

28k6flk.jpg