Heart To Heart.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

“Is she okay?” her aunt asked Jongin as he walked down the stairs with his messed hair.

He didn’t answer before he reached them. “She is.” Jongin walked away from them after he bowed down but he paused his steps. “Don’t tell her I was here.”

 

The next morning, Ahra woke up with her dizzy head. She looked around trying to remember what had happened last night but she couldn’t. The sun shines so bright through the window making her close her eyes for a while. Her eyes were locked to her Smartphone beside her in the drawer, as she remembers, the phone was with Jongin yesterday. “Don’t tell me he was barging in last night.” Her eyes widened and took her phone, checking the messages from her aunt who was worried about her last night.

She took the towel and went to the washroom. She puts on the dark blue blazer on her and checking herself in the mirror, tucking her hair behind her ears. As usual, the sound of Yoon Hun greeted her first as she walked down the stairs. A sweet smile of her aunt and uncle made her confused, she was extremely drunk last night but why they didn’t scold her like her dad usually did?

“Did Jongin barging into my room last night? Because my phone –“

Mr. and Mrs. Oh looked at each other but Sehun still focused to his breakfast, so does Yoon Hun. “He gave me your phone last time.” Her aunt answered as she placed three glasses of milk for Sehun, Ahra and Yoonhun. Ahra nodded and continue to eat her breakfast, this is the first time she eats the breakfast without complaining about this and that and without picking a fight with Sehun. A peaceful morning.

 

Ahra kicked her bag under her desk after pulling out some stationery and books. Meanwhile the other students were chatting with each other, she just plays with her phone playing Temple Run because she has no friend and she doesn’t want to make one. The bell rang and she realized something, Jongin didn’t show up to the class. “At least no one picks a fight with me today, maybe.” She mumbled to herself while writing some random things on her notebook.

She was in her own world when suddenly her phone vibrated, she secretly takes a look at it and opened the message.

 

Don’t forget your audition after school –Mrs. Hwang

 

“What audition did you mean, huh?” she talked to her phone and throwing it into her bag. “I don’t want to do something that I don’t want to do.” She crossed her arms above her chest and leaned to the chair, looking in the window beside her. The scenery of this school is beautiful, surrounded by green trees and has a water fountain near the car park. Of course her old school is way bigger than this but this is the first time she understood what is simply beautiful.

 

This is the first time she finished a day in school without a fight and ditching school. It’s a straight day for her and it’s a first strike. Sehun promised to his parents to walk home with Ahra making sure she doesn’t get drunk anymore. Even though he doesn’t like being trapped with Ahra but he’s worried about her condition after knowing from Jongin that yesterday she went to her dad and it’s making a sense why she decided to get drunk with a random boy.

“Sehun.” She called him but Sehun didn’t turn to her even though he heard her call. “Are you happy?”

Sehun stretched his arms, yawning. “Being trapped with you? No.”

“I mean, having a family. Are you happy?” She looked to the window, watching the moving cars from inside the bus. Sehun was confused why she didn’t curse him or picking a fight with him today. “A dad, a younger brother and… a mom.” She sounds sad and tired.

“I am,” He answered while looking at her head. “but you have one too, a family.”

“I have but I don’t feel like I have.”

“Well at least you had a boyfriend before and you knew his feeling.”

Ahra turned to look at him then smiled. “But I was fooled.” Pain all over her sound and her eyes. She doesn’t want to remember about Myungsoo and Byul anymore but since Sehun picked up this topic, she couldn’t help it. “Why? Do you like someone? Is she beautiful?”

“Of course she is beautiful,” Sehun leaned into the seat and closed his eyes. “She is my first flower in spring.”

 

After changing into comfortable clothes, Ahra climbed up to bed and closed her eyes. She is tired mentally and physically. She opened her eyes and looked at the clock. “Wow I had an extremely long nap, it’s evening already.”

“I thought you were sleeping.” Her aunt said in front of the door, smiling.

“I was,” she stood up then brushing her long hair. “and I just woke up.”

“Ok then, let’s go.”

“Where to go?” She turned back, facing her while brushing her hair.

“Mr. Kim’s house, their oldest daughter just back and they want us to eat dinner there. They just bought Korean beef for us.”

 

Jongin’s sister is the top mystery for her, she doesn’t know who is she and what did she does to everyone because they seem admiring her in every way and Baekhyun, he seems fanatic at her. Is she an idol? If she is an idol why Jongin doesn’t act like he is an idol’s brother, like he doesn’t have anything to brag. The Kim family has prepared the table with many beefs on it and of course the stove. A cute poodle greeted her when she walked in, she carries it as she following Sehun to the table. Suddenly an arm took the poodle from her, at that time she realized that the cute poodle is belong to him.

“A real man has a poodle, huh?” she but Jongin just walked straight to the table then sat down, crossing his legs. Ahra followed him and sat beside Sehun who is talking with Jongin, ignoring her.

“I’m sorry for making you wait.” A gorgeous woman with petite posture, a light brown hair, a skin that as white as snow and a cherry pink lips walked out of a room. Everybody was smiling at her but Ahra didn’t smile, she was too shocked and she couldn’t even control her jaw for being dropped.

What the heck, his sister is Kim Taeyeon. SNSD’s Taeyeon oh my ing God.” She thought. “No wonder Baekhyun wants her signature so bad.

“Hello, pretty.” Taeyeon waved at Ahra, waking her up from drooling over SNSD’s Taeyeon. “So, you are Sehun’s cousin? I’m Jongin’s sister, my name is Taeyeon. Nice to meet you too.” She greeted her warmly.

What the everybody knew you are Taeyeon no matter what you don’t have to introduce yourself.” She went back to the reality and gave Taeyeon her famous fake smile. “I am Cha Ahra, you can call me Ahra. Nice to meet you too.”

 

But then the bell rang and Taeyeon quickly stood up, running to the door. “It must be her.” She said. A high-pitched scream could be heard in the dining room like they’re reuniting or something like that. Jongin as usual never shows up his interest towards anything, he doesn’t even give his sister a smile. Ahra’s jaw dropped, again, as she saw another SNSD member came to the table. Tiffany, the famous eye smile owner, SNSD’s Tiffany is here, dinner with her. She wondered how perfect is Jongin’s life when the nine of SNSD came here, the nine goddesses.

“Hello, I’m sorry the traffic jam is kind of annoying.” Tiffany said as he took off her jacket and sat beside Jongin. Everyone was melted by her eye smile, so did Sehun.

“Jongin is not feeling well.” Sehun whispered to Ahra while holding his chopsticks.

Ahra swallowed the beef then whispers to Sehun’s ear, replying him. “Why?”

“Tiffany was Jongin’s first love but she treated him like little brother.”

Ahra took another beef into then nodded as she heard Sehun’s words. Jongin focused on the food and didn’t give a to anyone. Tiffany tried to talk to him but he didn’t answer, Taeyeon tried to talk with him too but Jongin didn’t even take a look at her. Either he is very rude or he is just in his bad mood.

 

“Thank you for the food.” Ahra, Yoonhun and Sehun bowed before left the house. Mrs. Oh is in the kitchen, cleaning the plates with Mrs. Kim, Taeyeon and Tiffany. Jongin is in his room and Mr. Kim is still there, talking with Mr. Oh.

Ahra was playing with her Smartphone, she doesn’t even notice the clock which is almost strikes at 10. She enjoyed playing games on her phone rather than being sad remembering her bad luck these days. Suddenly her phone vibrated, she paused the game and opened the message.

 

Hey crotch kicker, meet me outside your house. Now.

 

“Is he the peasant next door? Who do you think you are, huh? Ordering me around.” She didn’t reply to his text and continue playing the game. Jongin doesn’t give up for her and sent her another message.

 

At least you have to apologize to me and my bright future that you just kicked yesterday.

 

Ahra groaned and replying to the message. She typed the screen hard as she doesn’t want to reply it.

 

I am not your damn slave, stop ordering me around like you know me.

 

Do you want me to drag you off your room?

 

Kim Jongin was there in front of her house, playing with his feet when Ahra walked out of the house wearing her over-sized hoodie and a black legging. “What do you want?”

“Follow me.”

Ahra smirked then flipping her hair. “See? You are always ordering me around. I am sorry but I don’t want to.”

But Jongin held her wrist and dragged her along with him. Even though Ahra was protesting and trying to let go of him but he still drags her. In the end Ahra just gave up on him and being dragged along.

 

“Wow.” The first word that came out of Ahra’s lips as she saw a beautiful garden in front of her. The garden is not too big and the location is behind the trees so people rarely could recognize it. Jongin sat down in the grass, crossing her legs. He patted an empty spot beside him then looking at Ahra. “I need someone to stay with me.”

Ahra sat down beside him then bending her legs. She looked at the sky which is full of stars and smiled. “Me too.” She said, making Jongin shocked for what had she said just now.

“I hate… I don’t like my sister.” He said, followed Ahra looking at the beautiful stars. “I don’t like being SNSD’s Taeyeon’s little brother. I don’t like it.”

“Why?” Ahra asked coldly without looking at him.

“After she debuted with SNSD, my parents always bragging about her like I was nothing like nothing I can do for them. I don’t like being a center of attention so I told her to not tell anyone about me. See? When the dinner just now, they’re always talking about her and her bright career. Nobody talks to me.”

“Tiffany and Taeyeon did talk to you but you didn’t give them any answer. Antisocial peasant.”

“I haven’t finished,” He said, frowning his eyebrows. “I ditched school many times, I never had a good grade and I never had any spirit of the school. Meanwhile my sister, she makes my parents proud, she makes the whole country proud of her.”

“Then study hard don’t ditch school anymore.”

“Says the person who ditched school tons of time.” Jongin , Ahra just gave him a threatened look then took a really deep breath before speaking.

“Well, I don’t think my father is proud for having a rules breaker daughter like me either. He was always being chased by the reporters because of me, I am always yelling at him for everything and now when he’s in the jail, I can’t do even the littlest thing to help him. We don’t have money to pay the lawyer anymore and daddy will never ask my uncle for a help if it’s about money, he has such a high pride in him.”

 

Ahra felt so wrong for letting her walls down easily to Jongin, but this is the first time she trusts other people, well, a new person. She felt different and… comfortable when they were sharing their problem. It’s been a long time since she talked heart to heart with someone and it’s about her private life. In other hand, Jongin felt like he is such a big fail to let her know about his life this far, to care this much about her. He needs people to talk with, Sehun is always being the first person to reach him when he’s sad but at this time he felt like he needs Ahra and it makes no sense.

 

“Where have you been today?”

“Sleeping.” Jongin answered while playing with the grass.

“Rude.”

“Did… did you remember what happened last night?” Jongin asked her nervously, not wanting her to remember the whole thing.

“Last night? Just some of them.”

“Like what?”

“Like in the middle of the night I was throwing up and my head was dizzy as hell.” Jongin inhaled and exhaled freely after hearing her answer. “Why? Did you barging into my room and did something to me?”

“We even kissed, idiot.” He stood up, tucking his hand inside the pocket of his hoodie and looked down to Ahra, “We did nothing.”

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

author's notes; Follow my twitter http://twitter.com/kaisbicc_ and yes, the one with italic and grey is a thought.