Hallucinations.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

‘Why does it feels so good but hurts so bad, mama kept saying run as fast as you can’

 

An unknown ringtone can be heard by Jongin and it’s obviously not his phone. He looked at Ahra who’s still standing like a dead body beside him, she’s zoned out, looking at her ex-boyfriend’s car in front of her.

“Even her ringtone is a trouble maker song, match. Hey, your ringtone.” Jongin tried to be as cool as possible towards her but she doesn’t even move a little, her eyes were locked with her past. The ringtone kept ringing and Jongin doesn’t want what to do, what if it’s something important or what if it’s her dad. “Your ringtone, deaf. Can you hear me?!” Still no answer from her. Jongin yelled at her and it’s quite loud, Myungsoo finally realized that Ahra was there, staring at him and raised the window. Jongin fished her phone from her blazer and looked at the caller id, it’s her aunty.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Oh?”

“Who is this? Where’s Ahra?” She answered, sounds worried.

“It’s me, Jongin. Ahra is with me and we’re on our way, waiting for the bus.”

Her sigh could be heard on the phone, signaling she’s relief. “Ah, Jongin. I thought it wasn’t you, I’m so worried here. Ok, take care of her, I’m waiting here. Bye.”

“Bye, Mrs. Oh.” And he hangs up the phone.

 

Jongin was about to hand the phone to her but her arms are trembling, her body is shaking. Suddenly Ahra grabbed Jongin’s arm tightly like it’s her last power. Jongin really knew what did she mean, he dragged Ahra far away from the road to the bench near the tree and a beverage machine. Jongin made Ahra sat down there meanwhile he fished some coins and inserted it into the machine, he pressed a button and a fresh drink came out of it. He opened the can then he wrapped Ahra’s finger around the can. Ahra looked at him, her eyes were teary and so much pain on it. “Drink it first.” Jongin said with a cool tone.

“You can leave me now.” Ahra said, her eyes were blank, staring at the air. Her body still trembling and the scene kept playing on her memory. It’s not her first time seeing Myungsoo and Byul but this time, the memories of her and Myungsoo in the past were played on her mind too, making it more hurts than before.

“I was saving you from some unimportant thing, crybaby. Then you told me to leave you? You’ve never learned to say ‘thank you?’, huh?”

“I have no time and energy to arguing with you, next time I’ll choke your neck off if you pick a fight with me again but at this time, I’m tired.” Ahra threw the empty can to the trashcan and stood up, walking straight without care about Jongin who’s still behind her.

Jongin ran after her and grabbed her arm tightly, surprisingly Ahra didn’t protest to him. “Where are you going?”

“My dad.” Ahra answered with her tired voice, with so much pain on it.

“No. I have to send you home, don’t be so stubborn and stupid you’re wearing your uniform and the crazy reporters are waiting for you.”

Ahra tried to let go of him but she has no energy, she ended up being dragged by Jongin. “Can you stop picking a fight with me? Damn it, Kim Jongin! I’m tired! You’re so immature!”

“Did you think I’m happy to be with you? Always trapped and sticking with you like glue, huh? It’s okay if you think I’m immature or whatever but I just answered a call from your aunt and unfortunately I just promised to her to send you home! Your stubbornness is a princess level.”

 

Ahra kicked Jongin in his crotch hard, making him groan in pain and she ran away from him. “Who do you think you are, huh?” She shouted, leaving Jongin.

Jongin fell to the ground while holding his crotch which is in pain because of her. “You... kicked... my precious.... future. Argghhh, my little Jonginnie!” he groaned, trying to stand up and reach the bench.

 

The cold atmosphere of a jail greeted her as soon as she arrived there. Ahra walked in, hoping this is the right time to see her dad. She waited in a room with a glass separating her with the other room and she knew that the glass is separating her and her dad. Cha Chisoo walked in with a handcuff and two polices beside him. His face is gloomy but he tried to hide it from his daughter, tried to smile every time. Cha Chisoo's famous eye smile could be seen as he smiled to Ahra, even though Ahra wants to cry but she doesn't want to make her dad sad.

“Are you doing well? Is the breakfast in your aunt's house delicious? Do you like it?” The man asked his daughter while holding his tears. He didn’t cry when he was arrested but he wants to cry when he saw his daughter, regret all over his body. Ahra didn’t answer him, just looking away, doesn’t want her dad to see her teary eyes. “You know, I’m so worried about you. What if you don’t like the breakfast there, what if you don’t have a friend in your school and please don’t come here anymore, the reporters are hungry for your information, you have to save yourself.”

“Is that all? I came all the way here to see you but what have you said? Worried about breakfast? Worried about yourself, dad! Did you sleep well? Eat well? You are so thin, where is the handsome flower boy called Cha Chisoo? Where is my dad?” In the end, she shed tears for her dad, so does Cha Chisoo, he was really touched because his daughter doesn't feel ashamed of him to see him in this condition.

“I know you were right, the one who’s minister is me but I have to drag you to this hole. I am really sorry for all the chaos, I don't even have money to pay a lawyer but one thing you should know, I was trapped by Kang Ji Sung. He ran away from Korea and I don’t even know what happened until now.”

“Kang Ji Sung? Your friend from high school?”

Before Chisoo could answer Ahra’s question, the police dragged him because the time is out. Ahra protested, knocking the glass which is separating them while crying. “Don’t take my dad, it’s not his fault! Dad! Daddy! Don't leave me! Happy…. Father’s day.” She shouted and crying like crazy but the police closed the door, leaving Ahra in the other room. “Happy father’s day, best daddy.”

 

As soon as she walked out, the reporters greeted her. She doesn’t have any idea why they are so fast and knew her position. The reporters surrounding her, throwing many questions, she tried to shove them many times with all of her strength but it failed until the police came and let her run, blocking the reporters from her. She bowed and mouthed a thank you then ran away as fast as possible.

 

The sky is getting dark but Ahra doesn’t want to go home yet. She wants to drink an alcohol but she’s still wearing her uniform, she’s thinking hard how to buy the alcohol while looking people walking around her. She wanted to call her friend but she realized her phone was still with Jongin.

Suddenly a guy with big round glasses approached her, “Cha Ahra? It's me, Yoo Jin Hyuk.”

Ahra looked closer to him, “I don't remember you, sorry.”

“I was the one who always gave you heart-shaped chocolate at school.”

She remembered the chocolate but she didn’t remember this guys but he is the only way for her to drink the alcohol. “Ah, you, Jin Hyun.”

“Jin Hyuk.” he corrected her with a really bright smile, he jumped in joy because this is his first time to see Ahra this close.

“Whatever. Can you buy me an alcohol? You can stay with me tonight then.”

“What?”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, bye.”

“No no no no, I can buy you one or two even three but please don't leave me. Wait here, just a minute.”

Ahra smirked, “I still have a power.” and walked with the guys as he finished buying the drink for her.

 

Ahra drank almost one bottle of soju and she’s extremely drunk right now. She talked about everything and it’s all nonsense things, Jin Hyuk is watching her worriedly, he doesn’t drink like her because he’s too afraid of drunk. Ahra almost passed out when Jin Hyuk carried her arms, he’s almost crazy because Ahra didn’t want to answer where is her house, she always answered that she doesn’t have a house.

 

“Gosh, tell me your house already, it's getting late I have to school tomorrow.”

“I live with my aunt near Sakura garden, it’s a beautiful garden hehehehehe.”

“She talked nonsense again. Who is her name? I will send you home. You don’t even have a phone.”

“Oh Jin Hee, beautiful name right? But she is very annoying hehehehe.” Jin Hyuk didn’t answer her, he stopped a taxi and carried her. Fortunately, the people around the houses knew where is her aunt’s house. Jin Hyuk knocked the door, her aunt opened it and quickly grabbed Ahra, Mr and Mrs Oh were worried about Ahra, so did Sehun.

“Oh my God thank you.” Mrs. Oh thanked him.

Jin Hyuk bowed to her, “It’s okay. I have to go now, ma’am.” and he left the house.

 

Mrs. Oh changed her clothes, placed her in the bed and pulled the blanket. Jongin doesn’t even sleep yet, he’s holding Ahra’s phone, worried about her. He knew that Ahra doesn’t even back yet and he’s kept checking to Sehun. He rushed to his neighbor’s house when Sehun texted him that Ahra was drunk and passed out. After asking a permission to Mr and Mrs. Oh, he walked to her room,watching her sleeping peacefully.

He was about to leave her after placing her phone in the drawer but Ahra held his arm. He’s shocked and quickly turned at her. “Myungsoo oppa, don't leave me.” She begged for him. Jongin looked at Mrs. Oh who’s still in front of the door but Mrs. Oh told him to just do what Ahra wants to do and closed the door. “Sleep with me, here.”

“Seems like you are extremely drunk, huh? My crotch is still sore because of you and now you want me to sleep with you.”

Ahra pulled his arms, forcing him to sleep beside her. Jongin just gave up and climbed up the bed. Suddenly Ahra wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly and her legs around his. “Why you didn’t hug me back, oppa?” She said as she placed her head in Jongin's chest. “I have many stories to tell you about my bad dreams these days.”

Jongin wrapped his arms around her, feeling warm as his body touched her in an intimate position.

“I met someone named Jongin and he’s very annoying as hell, oppa. He always told me to do this and that and I hate it hehehe he has an olive skin, at first I thought it was very y but as soon as I knew his habit, he is a totally peasant.”

“What? Do you think I am a peasant? Idiot.”

“It’s not you, oppa. It’s him the peasant next door.”

Jongin took a really deep breath, he wants to ask something but it stuck in his throat. “Do.. Do you like him?”

 

Ahra cupped his face with her hands, looking straight to his face. “Of course not, I don’t like him. I just like you oppa, like forever.” then she crushed her lips into Jongin's and closed her eyes. Jongin was shocked, he wanted to part the kiss but sadly he's enjoying it. Ahra played with his tongue, so did Jongin. He knew that this is wrong, stole a kiss from her when she’s drunk. Ahra's hands are on Jongins hair, playing with it meanwhile Jongin wrapped his arms around her. Suddenly Ahra stopped and crying, Jongin doesn’t know why is she crying so suddenly after the hot kissing scene.

“I had two bad dreams about you oppa, at first I found you and Byul in your apartment and the second one is you and Byul were embracing each other in your car.” She tried to inhale between her tears. “I don’t know why it hurts, it was a dream but it stabbed my heart. The second one is the most hurt because I remembered our memories. I want to wake up but it was hard for me, I don’t want to sleep anymore, oppa.”

 

Jongin kissed her forehead and her hair, waiting for her to be calmer. As soon as she’s already sleeping, Jongin stood up quietly and pulled the blanket near her neck. “I bet if you reminded about tonight when you’re sober, you’d slap me hard.” he laughed while watching her. “Good night, idiot.”

 

28k6flk.jpg