Houdini II

Remnants of a Hollow Heart - A Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for subscribing you guys! *gives ice cubes to everyone* I sarang sarang sarang all of ya. <333

 

 

 

 

“W-What is this place?”

 

Reluctantly, she followed the redhead’s gentle tugs at her wrist.

 

Around them was a world so colorful, Taeyeon couldn’t even tell the difference between each.

 

The sun was high up above behind orange and pink whiffs of smoke in the lavender sky, which she guessed were clouds. The trees were colorful cotton balls skewered into thin trunks, Taeyeon thought they looked so fluffy, she couldn’t wait to actually hug them. And the grass below her feet were soft, almost like silk caressing and her skin as gentle as the honey-sweet wind running through her.

 

Funny how she suddenly felt calm when in fact, she had just gone ballistic earlier when the woman magically appeared. But the mysterious lady’s tender touches were like a sedative to her, it soothed her, calmed her.

 

“This is home, love,” the woman smiled warmly at her, her eyes disappeared behind beautiful lashes.

 

“Home?”

 

The redhead brought her to the field’s middle where a tiny cottage was.

 

“Yes, our home,” she answered, “Would you like a cup of anything?”

 

“Actually, I’d rather not…” Taeyeon wanted to reject but she didn’t have the heart to wipe the eager smile the girl had on her face, “I mean, I’d like that.”

 

And Taeyeon found herself seated around a low table in a cozy home filled with stuffed toys. It was as if she had just stepped inside a toy store with all these things around her. But instead of feeling weirded out by the redhead’s peculiar choice of furniture, she actually felt at home.

 

The woman took the seat across her. Like magic, a teapot and tea cups appeared on the table.

 

She was rather baffled by that but chose to not say anything instead, waiting for the lady to explain everything.

 

“Have you figured it out?” redhead asked as she carefully filled Taeyeon’s cup.

 

“Honestly, no. I prefer you tell me—Darn, that’s good.” Taeyeon took another swig.

 

“Orange Tundra.” An endearing smile and another pour, “Your favorite.”

 

How she knew her favorite, Taeyeon didn’t know. She didn’t care either, as long as she was served with her favorite cocktail.

 

“I have to admit, that’s one good drink right there,” she took one last mouthful before slamming the cup on the table, “Anyway, tell me. Why am I here? Don’t tell me ‘it’s home’ because it ain’t got my address on it. It’s not even close to goddamn Seoul.”

 

Taeyeon could’ve used a better wording but the alcohol was getting to her, dousing her senses.

 

The redhead answered her with that same appealing smile, but her eyes twinkled brighter with amusement, “Would you like to know my name?”

 

“Would you tell me why if I say yes?”

 

“You have my word.”

 

“Tell me who you are.”

 

Curious. Taeyeon was curious. Who was she? What was she? And how is it possible that Taeyeon felt safe and at ease around her like they knew each other before?

 

“My name is Tiffany,” she smiled brightly, “I’m the girl who gave you the empty card.”

 

“I knew it!” Taeyeon exasperated, she knew this girl seemed so familiar. No wonder. But it didn’t completely answer her question. She wanted to know more about this person, she needed to.

 

“Yes, it was me. Is there something wrong about giving you that piece of paper?”

 

“Yes, Tiffany. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter