Need and Want

Collection of Taeminho Short Stories Series

Title: Need and Want
Author: happyyoyo
Pairing: Minho/Taemin
Rating: PG-13
Warning:
Summary: Minho just wants Dream Team?
 

“I am back.” Minho shouted from the door and went into the dorm.

The rapper had just finished his Dream Team recording and finally reached home. Actually, he should have reached home earlier, but he went out to have supper with the hyungs before heading home. He had informed Taemin earlier on before he agreed to have supper with his sunbaes. Minho could hear the tingling sense of disappointed from his lover, but still he decided to go with them and not heading back to accompany the lonely Taemin.

There was no reply at all, not even from a sound was heard. The rapper pondered, Taemin should be home. Where could he go?

“Tae, I am home.” He called out again, still no one replied.

He placed the bunch of keys on to the table, glancing over to the note left on the table with a vase of withered rose placed on top of it. He lifted the vase up, sliding out the note beneath it.

Dear Key umma,

I won’t be home so early, don’t wait up for me. Don’t worry; I am old enough to take care of myself.

From your dear son,
Taeminnie.


Minho frowned after reading the note, where could the little maknae went? Reaching into his pocket, he took out his handphone and stated calling the dancer. There was not one picking up. He tried sending sms but there was no reply at all. Where Taemin could have gone to? The thought of him having reached an age of 18 made he realized that he could have gone to the pub.

The rapper grabbed his keys together with a cap for disguised and went out to the nearest pub to search for the missing lover. It was an easy task to get in as his age had already passed the legal age, however it was not easy to locate the maknae in a dark and crowded area. People were cheering and clapping their hands to the rhythm as they swarm around the stage. Maybe he was wrong, it could be easy to find him.

Minho managed to find his way through the cheering crowd to the front of the stage. A brunette with long hair was dancing to the beat, moving his hips in a seductively manner. The person was dressed up in a large t-shirt that barely covered his thighs. Each time he moves, it revealed the milky smooth skin hidden underneath it. Guys that were watching desperately hope to pin him down, savoring every parts of him, listening to how he would moan under them, how he would plead them to harder and faster. Nobody had realized that he was not a female but a male, and of course who would ever think he was Lee Taemin?

A familiar man approached the dancer, taking the stage together with him. Minho could easily recognize that the guy was Lee Joon from MBLAQ. He could hardly see any distance between the both of them and their eyes had never left each other. Joon’s hands travelled down his spine and secured his other hand around the waist. The older one whispered words into the younger one ears, making him smirk and laugh lightly. Taemin fingers trace the outline of his hyung lips and lift his finger up placing it on his own lips. It was a signal to kiss him if he dare.

Minho could not stand watching them any longer.

The rapper went up pulling Taemin away from Joon. Without any hesitation, he dragged the maknae out of the pub and left Joon flabbergasted by his sudden appearance. Both of them finally got out of the pub, but Minho’s grip did not soften but tighten as the little dongsaeng struggled to be free. He pulled him into the dark alley and shoved him against a wall making him groan in pain.

“What are you doing here in the pub?”

“To have fun.” Taemin replied rudely at his hyung, not looking straight at him.

“You are still young…”

“Well, I am young enough to enter the pub if you have not realized that.” The dongsaeng rebutted.

It was true, Taemin was eighteen years old and he is now officially legal to go into pub. But Minho just needed to say a reason to bring him back home.

“It is already midnight and you should go home and get ready for tomorrow’s recording.”

“Wow Minho hyung, you also know that it is already late. But you still went out with those hyungs for supper,” Taemin answered sarcastically.

“It is different and it is dangerous for you to be out so late.”

“Isn’t it dangerous for you too?”

“There are hyungs with me.”

“Joon hyung is here with me.”

“You will be recognized by the reporters, it would totally ruin the reputation of SHINee!”

“In this outfit no one would know it is me.”

Taemin was not lying. If Minho had not face the little maknae everyday for so many years, he could never be 100% confident enough to recognize him. Minho could not think of anything else. Everything the brunette said was correct.

He could not scold him for being in the pub since he was already at legal age.
He could not scold him for hanging outside of the dorm at such a late hour since he too went to eat supper with dream team sunbaes.
He could not scold him for not realizing how dangerous to stay out late since he was with an adult.
He could not scold him for putting SHINee’s reputation at risked since no one had managed to identify him till now.

“I just do not like you hanging around pub like this and flirting with Joon hyung.”

Taemin snickered at the older one, “and you think I love watching you going intimate with hyung from Dream Team?”

“I…” Minho was speechless at his lover’s answer.

“You just want your Dream Team. You don’t want me at all. Maybe you don’t even love me at all.” Taemin lips trembled, speaking out the deepest conclusion within him.

“Taemin, I love you! I really do.”

“If your love for me means being possessive over me, ditching me whenever a hyung is around and be a hyungwhore. I can only say I am sorry, I do not want your love.”

Minho was dumbfounded. He had never known that his love was actually hurting him so badly. Taemin turned and walked away, leaving Minho alone at the dark alley. Maybe it was time to end their relationship once and for all. All the pain that was within him should come to an end at that very moment.

He continued on his pace and a pair of strong arms restricted his movement, His grip was firm and the possibility of him letting go easily was simply zero. The dancer did not bother to break free, but enjoyed the warmth that was given by him. When was the last time he had hug him? He had admitted to his own heart, he still loves him. If this love was not causing him all the misery, he would never let go. However he really feels unsecured, he could not feel Minho’s love for him.

“Let me go.” Taemin demanded.

Minho tightened his grip, pulling him closer, “I don’t want to.”

“Choi Minho, let me go.”

“I wont’t…Please don’t go…” Minho begged and continued on his sentence.

“I admit that I do want to be in Dream Team, I do want to spend more time recording Dream Team, and I do want to be the sunbaes’ favourite dongsaeng.”

“But…Taemin, I need you.”

“I can live without all my wants, live a life without Dream Team. But I can’t live without you.”

Tears were already flowing down the brunette’s pale cheeks, but he did not make and sound at all. He controlled his breathing, not wanting the older one to notice him crying.

“You are my everything…without you…I am left with nothing…nothing at all.”

Taemin finally broke down into tears, crying out loud to release the agony trapped deep inside his heart. The older one released his grip and turned him around so that he could get a better view of the face of his dear lover. Tears had stained his pretty face. His thumb wiped away the tears falling from the maknae’s eyes and planted a tender kiss on his forehead.

“Let’s go home.”

Minho reached out his hand and intertwined with Taemin’s little hands.

They continue on walking along the road together, just like continuing their journey towards happiness.