What do you want to be when you grow up?

Collection of Taeminho Short Stories Series

Title: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Author: happyyoyo
Pairing: Taemin/Minho, slight Jonghyun/Key
Rating: PG-13
Warning: !hint Mpreg
Summary: What did each SHINee member always dream of becoming when they were young?


Amber started teaching not long ago and it was her first time taking a class full of kids that are still cute, pure and innocent. She never had experience with kids so much younger than her, but she was sure it could not be that difficult right?

“Today everyone will be writing about what they want to be when you grow up. But before that, let’s share some of your own thoughts. Who wants to go first?” Amber asked the class and received an overwhelming respond.

Everyone was waving their hand high up in the air, hoping the teacher would call their names. Some were even jumping up and down their seats hoping to attract the teacher’s attention. And finally she decided to choose a brown hair kid who remind her of a puppy and called his name out, “Jonghyun, why don’t we start with you first?”

Jonghyun did a victory jump and quickly shared his wonderful future of what he could be.

“When I grow up, I want to be a singer.” He said with much determination.

She remembered lesson with the professor that it is advisable to praise children often as it will make them more motivated in completing the task and putting in more effort than usual. Maybe she could praise them for their selected choice of ambition.

“Wonderful choice,” she praised him, “Why do you want to be a singer?”

“Key said if I want to be his boyfriend I have to be a famous singer.” What?

She never expected kids at this age would be in love already. Do they even know about the commitment being in a relationship? They are still so young. But still, it was really sweet to hear something like that. To be someone that person would fall in love with.

“Good luck with that and do hope you will become one,” she gave an encouraging smile and continued on, “don’t forget about me when you are famous and popular.”

“Okay, since Jonghyun mention about Key, let’s have Key to stand up and share with us what she wants to be when she grow up.” Her eyes fell one each and every girls that can be found in the class but to no avail. Who is Key?

A kid with his hair half shaved off stood up among the class and declaring his own identity, “I am Key and I am not a she.”

Amber had never expected that the young generation now was so open with relationship like this. However, that does not mean she was against same gender relationship.

“Sorry kid. So what do you want to be when you grow up?”

“When I grow up, I want to be Taemin’s umma.”

“Ah…very…erm…interesting,” she adjusted her cap and continued on with his question, “So why do you want to be a Taemin’s umma?”

“I want to protect him from those irritating guys who just want to pollute his innocent mind. And his brother is useless.” Wow such a frank kid, it would sure hurt that poor kid.

“Oh okay, good luck on that. So who is the brother Key mention?”

An innocent cheerful kid raised his hands high up in the air proudly. Not a slight hint of distress could be seen on his cheery face. Did he get the insult? Maybe he was too dense to understand it.

“I am Onew, Taemin’s brother!”

“So Onew, share with the class what you want to be when you grow up.”

“I want to be a chicken.”

Wow, what’s with the kids nowadays? Amber was expecting kids to say things like fireman, astronaut or even billionaire which sounded more logical and normal compare to something like chicken.

“Why do you want to be a chicken?” She really could not understand what kids were thinking.

Onew showed his wide grin along with shinny white front teeth and replied very proudly, “Because I love chicken.”

“Do tell me when you become one.” And Onew nodded elatedly. Wow, simply wow.

“So who is Taemin?”

A rather pretty and shy looking kid raised his hands up.

“You are Taemin?” He lifted his head up and nodded.

He was a skinny little kid with a long hair. If it she did see the Adam’s apple on his neck, she would have assume him as a girl instead. It was really a pity, since he would end up being the prettiest and perfect girl without much effort.

“So what do you want to be when you grow up?”

“I want to be Minho’s wife.” He mumbled softly but just enough for Amber to hear him.

“Who’s Minho?”

“He is a student from the other class who always play soccer.” Jonghyun answered his teacher.

It was obvious that Taemin was blushing as his face pale face made his cheeks look redder. She have to admit, he was really cute and could totally understand why Key needed to protect such an awesome kid. Even though the reason to why he wanted to be Minho’s wife was very clear, out of love of course. But she continued asking hoping to hear more from the little boy.

“Why?”

“My Mum says that only husband and wife can be together forever. And I want to be with Minho hyung forever! We will create a big family and lead a peaceful life. We will also have a lot of kids that can form a soccer team. He will teach them soccer and I will prepare a lot of delicious food and cold drinks for them during break. And then Minho and I will love each other more and more each day!” She smiled at Taemin’s innocent thought.

She knew he would eventually realize how hard it would be to fulfill a future like that. But she did not want to break a kid’s dream just because of how cruel the society is.

“When the both of you get married, remember to invite me.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin laughed as he held on to the picture of his old pre-school class. Of course, everyone has grown up and do whatever they wanted to be. Jonghyun was now a famous vocalist and every fan girl’s dream guy. Key was Taemin’s umma even though they are not related. The diva had taken great care of him ever since young, just like a mother taking care of his own son. And of course he had to call Key umma and Jonghyun appa.

His brother, Onew, had not become a chicken but the CEO of the world’s most famous chicken company. He does wear chicken costume to promote his company and attract people to visit his outlet. So he still did what he always wanted when he was young.

For the little maknae, just like the others, he did what he wanted to be.

“Yeobo what are you doing?” Minho’s arms wrapped around the younger one’s waist which just seems to fit perfectly like usual.

The brunette turned his head over and gave his husband a little kiss on the cheeks, “just thinking of some old memories.”

Taemin leaned onto his Minho with their hands intertwined with each other which were placed right in front of the younger one’s tummy. A new life was now living inside of him. Both of them could not wait for this little angel to officially join in their family. Everything Taemin wanted was slowly coming true.

He could not help but to wonder, what did Minho wanted to be when he was young?

“Do you still remember what you said when teachers ask about what you want to be when you grow up?”

Minho rested his chin on his wife’s shoulder, “what do you think?”

“A soccer player?” He shook his head.

“A world class soccer player?”He shook his head again.

“A soccer coach?” Minho pouted; does everything have to link up with soccer?

The older one have to confess that he had a huge passion for soccer, but there was something far more important than soccer.

“I give up.”

“When I was young, I always wanted to be the only person Lee Taemin’s will ever love.”

Taemin chuckled at Minho’s answer. He released himself from his grip turning over to face the taller one. The makane held on to both side of his husband’s cheeks, making sure all his attention now belongs to him solely and nothing else.

The brunette brought his face closer and murmured, “you did it.”

And Taemin ended this story with a little kiss on Minho’s lips.