Hyung, where is your happiness?

Collection of Taeminho Short Stories Series

Title: Hyung, where is your happiness?
Pairing: !broken Onew/Taemin, Minho/Taemin, !slight Jonghyun/Key
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Taemin ask Onew a question.

Onew was done with his makeup and hairstyle for today’s performance. The leader sat on the sofa in the holding room, with the song “Quasimodo” blasting into his ears. Taemin was also done with fixing his appearance and decided to accompany the lonely dubu.

It was a tiring day for them as they just ended their practice and had to rush for their schedule. The maknae leaned his head towards Onew’s shoulder, with his eyes close and smiling childishly into the space. The leader stole a glance at the cheerful brunette, mesmerised by his perfect innocent look. He caressed the younger one’s long hair and his eyes never left his face. The older one memorized every part of his face from that tired eyes to his lusciously lips. His trail of thought was broken when Taemin voiced out his joy.

“Hyung! I am so happy.” He opened his eyes, looking straight at his hyung.

“Why?”

“I found my happiness!” The little dongsaeng answered unable to hide the joy within him.

Onew’s heart skipped a beat, he found happiness? The leader pondered quietly in his mind, wondering what his happiness really meant. Deep down inside his heart, he secretly hoped that his happiness could be something related to him.

“Happiness?”

“My happiness is Minho hyung! We are officially together!” Taemin lifted his hands, showing the ring that was on his middle finger.

Although it was a simple looking ring, it was dazzlingly under the bright light. It was plain enough for fans to think that it was just another accessory to add on, but a special ring given by Minho. The light that was reflected from the ring seems to shoot straight into Onew’s heart like arrows. It hurts. The maknae did not notice that the leader was in a daze by his sudden announcement. His eyes was locked on the ring with the sentence he just said filling up every part of his mind.

My happiness is Minho hyung! We are officially together!

Taemin was curious with Onew’s happiness as he do not know what was going through his mind. The clumsy dubu had little scandal and neither does he have any close girl-friends like Key. It was also impossible that he might be in love with Jonghyun or Key since the vocalist and the diva belongs to each other. And coming in between the two did not seems to be a good choice at all. To the maknae, the leader was someone who has no link to the word love at all. Maybe he was in love, but never showed it or told anyone about it.

“Hyung, where is your happiness?” The brunette questioned the older one, anticipating for his answer.

You. Onew would love to say that and confess his love for the dancer, but he could not. The word seems to be stuck in his throat. His dongsaeng’s heart was with Minho from the very beginning, how could he even bring his hope high that Taemin might like him a little more than the rest of the member? The brunette continued waiting for the older one to reply. However what he could see was Onew staring back at him, trying to say something but could not.

The door flew open with Minho standing at the entrance, holding on to the wall for support. Taemin quickly went over supporting the injured rapper to the nearest available seat. The leader’s eyes followed the couple having their little world in the holding room at a corner.

He witness their sweet little moments.

He witness how Minho held Taemin’s hands.
He witness how Minho pulled Taemin to sit on his lap of the unharmed leg.
He witness how Minho and Taemin seems to be two puzzles, which fit perfectly together.
He witness how Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin, telling everyone who he now belongs to.
He witness how Minho whispered sweet nothings, making Taemin grin from ear to ear.
He witness how Minho place soft kisses on Taemin.
He witness how Minho fiddle around with the ring on Taemin’s hands.
He witness how Minho have already capture Taemin’s heart.

Onew closed his tired eyelid not wanting to hurt himself further. He muttered softly under his breath, answering the maknae’s question.

“Somewhere far away…”