8

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

           Kyungsoo and Kyung Jin stood in their kitchen preparing food for when the other ten guys from the ship would come. Kris mentioned they needed to make sure the supplies went to the correct buyers before they could come over. All the rooms and extra sleeping places had already been prepared. Taura was to sleep in a room on her own and Kyungsoo made sure of that. He was busy stirring away at the soup when he looked outside the window in front of him to see Taura sitting on the porch swing. Her head bent down focused on her legs as they moved back and forth, he caught her occasionally smiling to herself.

           “So she met the rest of your crew?” Kyungsoo’s grandfather asked while sipping on a glass of water. He caught Kyungsoo looking at the girl which raised some questions in the old man's mind. This wasn't the first time, Kyung Jin caught his grandson looking at the mermaid. He always caught Kyungsoo looking at her whenever the two were home.

            Kyungsoo dropped the ladle into the soup startled by his grandfather's voice, “Hm, yeah she did and I learned her name,” He smiled at his grandfather, “it’s Taura.”

            The older man raised a brow as he took another sip, “Really? How did she tell you that?”

            “She didn’t. She showed me.” Kyungsoo continued to stir his soup when both him and his grandfather heard the front door open. Taura walked in with her hands together behind her back. She walked over to the older man first who handed her a glass and poured some water for her, “Kyungsoo tells me your name is Taura?”

            The mermaid looked up from her glass of water and nodded before taking a quick glance at Kyungsoo’s back. Taura sipped her water as the older man continued, “It’s a beautiful name. In Japanese, it means many rivers.”

            The older man winked at the girl and left the room, leaving Taura and Kyungsoo alone. Kyungsoo continued to work on the dinner but didn’t notice that the girl stood just behind him peeking over his shoulder. He could feel air on his neck when he looked to the side to see Taura’s face right beside his, “Oh, Taura! What are you doing? You scared me!”

            The girl giggled. She created some space between them but stared at Kyungsoo’s work intently. He could feel the pressure of her fixated gaze and turned to her, “Do you want to taste some of it?”

            Taura straightened out her slouched frame and took a step towards Kyungsoo while he lifted a spoonful of his concoction to Taura’s awaiting lips. She sipped it but quickly regretted it since it was still hot. She fanned her tongue causing Kyungsoo laugh, “You’re supposed to blow first.”

            How was I supposed to know that? Taura thought as she grabbed another glass of water and drank.

Please log in to read the full chapter