Peace

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

           “You can’t keep drinking that stuff.” Sehun remarked, leaning against the doorframe of Taura’s changing room. The siren watched as Taura put on her necklace and earrings before picking up the bottle to finish the last of it. Taura tilted her head back making sure she drank every drop of it before placing the top back on the bottle. She looked over her bare shoulder with a scoff, “I kind of have to for this occasion.”

             Taura stood up from her chair revealing her long violet dress that had sparkles embedded into it from top to bottom. She lifted up the end of her skirt to twist her ankle in the man’s direction, showing off her silver T-strap heels. He rolled his eyes, pushing off of the doorframe.

            “I guess you’re right,” Sehun held his arm out for Taura before bowing his head with a playful chuckle, “your majesty.”

            The mermaid looped her arm through his, sighing as they exited the room, “Ugh, don’t remind me.”

             They, along with Talya, Kris and his crew, and the other men who fought in the bloody battle, were being honored in the palace for their heroic actions by the king and the prince. Though, Taura, Sehun, and Talya were also there for another reason. The three of them along with the king and prince Kai would discuss future actions in order to secure that the battle that had taken place just a month ago would not happen again between the three species. Sehun patted her hand as they walked down the long corridor inside the palace.

            “Why not? That’s quite an honor.” Sehun led the mermaid towards the main room of the palace, passing maids and butlers that bowed to them as they walked by.

            Taura bowed back repeatedly with a sigh, “The price paid to earn the title…I’d give it up if it meant it could bring them back.”

            Sehun stopped for a second looking down at the girl beside him, “Taura—“

            “I know…I know, Sehun.” Taura looked down at their feet, giving Sehun’s arm a quick squeeze before she tried to keep moving. Sehun remained unmoving causing Taura to look back at him.

            He opened his arms up for Taura, “Come here.” The girl gladly accepted the friendly gesture as she wrapped her arms around him, “I miss them too, Taura. I miss them too.”

            They broke apart after a few more seconds leaving Taura to straighten out her hair and dress just as someone came to greet them, “There you two are!”

            Talya, in her long white floor-length dress, came towards them with her arms outstretched. Sehun and Taura met her halfway as she grabbed each of their hands and swung them with a smile, “You both look wonderful.”

            They only smiled a bit not saying a word when Talya turned to Taura to see her blank face. The siren stepped closer to the girl and placed a gentle hand at the top of her head carefully Taura’s hair, “Don’t look so sad, sweetheart. It’s a happy day, today.”

            Taura carefully took Talya’s hand from her head, “I’ll try.”

            *~*~*

            The entire Kingdom of Sera stood outside the palace of the King waiting for the ceremony to begin. A bittersweet feeling swept over the people but smiles still adorned the their faces seeing that many families were reunited regardless of those that were lost. In the front of the crowd were the many men that fought in the battle including Kris and the rest of his crew. They sat in a long line all dressed in black suits.

            Baekhyun sat beside Chen looking around for his other friend, “Where’s Sehun?”

            The two of them looked on either side of their long line when Chen shrugged, “I don’t know. He said he was going to be here.”

            “Sehun also said he had a surprise for us.” Luhan added, overhearing their conversation. The three of them began to discuss what that surprise might be when the loud ringing of the bell in the church’s steeple sounded signaling the start of the ceremony.

            The crowd of people quieted down at the sight of the King and prince Kai who approached the railing of the large balcony that overlooked everyone. The King, an elderly gentleman, smiled dow

Please log in to read the full chapter