Closure

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week later

 

            Ten men sat together in the small space of Kyungsoo’s living room. His grandfather seated on the couch with his head bent down and handkerchief to his face, his muffled cries matched that of the other nine. Kris, Suho, Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan, Tao, Xiu Min, Lay, and Sehun were there to accompany the old man as well as the rest of the town in order to remember those who lost their lives in the battle. The group having lost both Kyungsoo and, later finding out upon their return, Chanyeol took its toll on the other members who were all still in the process of recovering from their physical wounds.

            Sehun set himself apart from the others, already having shed his tears over the past seven days. He didn’t want to cry anymore at least not in front of his friends. It was time to leave for the long procession through the city and as Kyungsoo’s grandfather stood up so did the rest of them. All dressed in black, the mood was sullen.

            Kris helped the older gentleman walk with the help of Suho while the rest followed after. Sehun took the back and shut the door behind him when Luhan looked back at him and waited. The two walked side by side in silence when finally Luhan touched Sehun’s arm. The latter looked to his older friend, looking at the scar that ran down his right cheek and his bandaged arm. Sehun gave his best smile to Luhan and patted his friend’s shoulder before continuing on after their group.

            The whole city was taken over by the heavy feeling of death as the sky above was a light gray and the colorful buildings were dulled by the dim light. The whole city moved together as one form of black towards the main castle where the dead would be honored in a service given by the head priest. Whimpers, crying, and screaming could be heard in different parts of the crowd but no one did anything to comfort the other. Everyone had lost someone so no one was in the mood to bring someone else condolence.

            Sehun was bothered not only because of his friend’s deaths but also because he hasn’t seen or heard from Taura in the past week. For all he knew she could have been dead herself. His mother told him she’d be on the lookout for her and send word of her appearance but he got nothing. He worried for her greatly and just wanted to know she was safe somewhere.

            Everyone in Sera congregated in the large cathedral, the lucky few snagging a pew while the majority of the crowd flooded out of its doors. The service began with a word from the Kin

Please log in to read the full chapter