46

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Talya and Taura had gathered a  large following of both sirens and mermaids willing to join them in their cause. Both men and women seemed to be fueled by the threat posed against them. What exactly they were fighting for was still unclear but with the human prince and princess captured along with the mermaid King and two noble’s daughters they certainly had something to fight for. A group of about thirty were to come with them back to Venilia equipped with weapons and their own special powers unique to the respective person. Together they looked like a threat. Their skin protected by thin but strong armor laced around their fingers and tied at the forearm they were protected enough to where they wouldn’t be weighted down while swimming. Young and old everyone one rallied behind the two women with confidence.

            Taura tied her hair up in a high ponytail as she adjusted the armor on her arms and across her chest. A thin plate that tied in the back, she was still vulnerable to attacks but she didn’t want to think about that. A Siren handed her a spear which she gladly took. Staring at it, just the thought of using it scared her. She had never stabbed someone before.

            “You must look calm and collected so that they are calm and collected. The smallest sign of wavering will cause them to waver and we wouldn’t want that.” Talya voiced as she swam to Taura in her own armor with her blonde hair tied in a French braid down the back of her head. She had a large spear in her hand and small spiked rings on her fingers.

            Taura nodded her head, taking her eyes off the spear and to the open water in front of her. It looked much smaller than it did before, “I’ll be with you, so don’t look so worried.”

            “When you are ready, your highness.” A male Siren swam to Taura as she headed to the front of the large group with a spear in hand. Talya right beside her, she squeezed the princess’s shoulder as Haemon flanked behind them. He was going to stay behind with his daughter. Hina was within the crowd suited up but from where Taura was she couldn’t find her.

            Once Taura made it to the front, all eyes were on her as they waited for her word. She gripped the spear tighter and swallowed the lump in . Letting out a small breath she raised her head and projected out to the crowd the best she could,

            “If we die today,” Taura’s voice wavered, “know that, you aren’t dying in vain. We’re fighting for something bigger than ourselves, much bigger.”

            Her voice grew strong on the last statement as she turned to Talya who gave her nod and motioned for her to go first and the rest would follow. Taura took her role as leader, as princess and led the people behind her. She passed Haemon and Riva who watched from the side and gave

Please log in to read the full chapter