41

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            The four found themselves sitting around Kyungsoo’s dining room table, Kyungsoo and the disguised Sehun intently listening to the two girls spoke animatedly. Though, Kyungsoo would occasionally glance over at the brown haired boy with a suspicious look in his eyes. Is this really, Sehun? Kyungsoo had so many questions for all of them, he felt out of a major loop while listening to the girls.

            “Taura, when we were freed and you weren’t with us, we really thought you were gone. When we returned home, we told your parents everything and search parties were sent out by the dozen every day. No news of you came and eventually your parents stopped sending out search parties, our people were dying out there. Well, Senna, Kora, and I kept looking even venturing into Siren waters with some help. Still nothing and then all of sudden all these boats started coming into our territory as well as the Sirens. Some being attacked, we did our best to help but we could only do so much.”

            Ran talked rapidly to her friend as they held each other’s hands. Their features strikingly similar, Taura’s features were a bit older and her hair was much longer. Kyungsoo tried to find a spot to break in when finally he spoke, “Um, sorry to intrude but,” he pointed a finger at Ran then Taura, “you’re saying, you’re a mermaid too?”

            Ran raised a brow at her friend, “You didn’t tell him?”

            “I did tell him, but he doesn’t believe me.”

            “Does he know about his friend then?” Ran pointed at Sehun as Kyungsoo turned to him too, “You’re keeping something from me too, aside your,” Kyungsoo waved a hand at Sehun’s appearance, “different look.”

            Sehun ruffled his hair as he looked to his friend and sighed, “I’m actually half Siren.”

            Kyungsoo’s head was spinning now, his close friends becoming some sea creatures while his girl and her friend were sea creatures too. What was next? The boy clutched the side of his head when he felt a hand graze over his, “You’ll see, later.”

            He looked at the girl beside him, a bit frustrated. There was too much going on for him to handle. He pushed his chair back, looked to each person at the table, before mumbling, “I need some air.”

            Taura and Ran stared after him as he left so abruptly. Taura feeling a bit hurt, but she could understand him. I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. Ran glanced between the two, sensing something before she smiled and patted her friend’s shoulder, “He’s handsome.”

            They laughed quietly, nudging each other when Sehun coughed, “Sorry to break up the happy reunion between you two, but we need to talk seriously about what’s going on here.”

            The girls turned serious, “What have you been able to find out?”

            “Some people are saying there is a ship out in neutral waters and that Ran was found swimming in that area, that’s how she got caught by those men. What were you doing there anyways?”

              Sehun looked to Ran who sat twirling her fingers with her head down. Avoiding their glances, Ran gulped, “They took Senna and Kora when we were trying to help one of the ships being attacked. As much as I wanted to save them, I would have been kidnapped too so I swam away looking for help and happened upon the island while I was swimming away. There were mermaids near that ship, I wasn’t the only one, I thought they could help.”

             Taura covered seeing that Ran was close to tears when she continued, “But they were working with these Sirens

Please log in to read the full chapter