40

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

         Back home, Taura stayed hidden in the bathroom for quite some time while Kyungsoo prepared the sleeping arrangements. Still thinking about her kiss with Kyungsoo, from his lips to how he held her, Taura leaned against the wall holding her chest as she let out a few squeals. Combing through her hair in a dream like state, Taura could only imagine what it would be like to kiss him again and wanted to kiss his lips again badly.

         Wearing a shirt he lent her, she swore she could still smell his sweet fragrance on the fabric and felt her body go weak again as she sunk to the ground in some mind numbing high. She wanted to feel like this forever, and never wanted to leave Kyungsoo’s side, but she had to in a few hours and thinking about it made her heart hurt. So she pushed that thought aside as she stood up and headed back out to find Kyungsoo.

        She could hear shuffling downstairs and her heart stopped. It wasn’t visible, but there was certainly a new feeling in the house that made it hard for Taura to even be near Kyungsoo. The closer she felt, the more her heart felt like it was going to burst. It was a good feeling though, one that took your breath away and made your insides twist and turn into tight knots.

        Carefully walking down each step, Taura peeked her head out first to see if Kyungsoo was anywhere near. He was busy in the living room fluffing pillows and spreading out blankets, his hair a bit damp from his own shower. Taura smiled and pranced over to him, seeing that he prepared a spot on the couch and a place on the floor just beside it. “You can sleep on the couch, I’ll sleep on the floor tonight.”

          She touched his arm, “Why are we sleeping in the living room?”

          He looked back at her his gaze soft and tender, her cheek Kyungsoo murmured, “I have one more night you, at least let me spend it with you.”

           Shoot me. Shoot me why don’t you, you stupid sailor boy. Taura wanted to punch him for saying such things, but at the same time she wanted go and hide her flushed cheeks. She leaned her forehead against his arm, “You, you’re really making this hard for me.”

          He pulled her into his arms and rocked her side to side, “You think this is easy for me? You’re leaving me, after I built up the courage to kiss you.”

        The mermaid blushed again and so did Kyungsoo, “Does that mean you like me, then?”

        The boy laughed heartily, the girl’s hair, “Yes, Taura. It means that I like you.”

         She his back gently and looked up at him with a grin, “I just wanted to hear you say it.”

         The two of them had gone to bed, with Taura on the couch and Kyungsoo on the floor. She rested on her side staring down at his sleeping face and sighed, I’m going to come back for you when I can. When this is all over, I’m going to stay with you. She grasped the blankets around her and inched off the couch down to the floor so she slept curled on against the couch with

Please log in to read the full chapter