36

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

           While on the first floor of the house, Kyungsoo could hear the slight pitter patter of Taura’s feet on the second floor. He decided to prepare a small meal for the two of them, thinking that she must be hungry. Gathering up the ingredients to make a simple bowl of soup, Kyungsoo started to contemplate on more questions that started to bother him. Where did she even come from? Where has she been for the past week? Her leg was badly hurt but it’s fine now. She looks perfectly fine like nothing happened.

            Thinking these things over, Kyungsoo didn’t notice Taura enter the kitchen and make her way towards him. He started to pull out some carrots and celery to cut when Taura peeked over his shoulder, whispering into his ear, “What are you doing?

            He jolted forward, his heart racing just from the fact she was so close to him. Taura got off her tip toes while giggling as she patted his back, “Still the same, I see.”

            She stood beside him with her back to the counter, Kyungsoo side eyeing her with a slight smile, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

            Taura leaned forward, her hair creating a curtain between them as she stifled a laugh, “Nothing.”

            He only continued to stare at her laugh. She was laughing quite a lot since this morning and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but wonder why. Taking the knife in hand, he tried to clear his mind and began to work while Taura watched. His hands were swift and precise and his brows furrowed in concentration. She eyed him carefully with her hands under his chin, “What are you making?”

            “Soup.”

            “Okay.” Taura straightened out the shirt Kyungsoo lent her and tugged at the pants as she scurried away into the living room. He sighed as she left and continued cooking. She ran away because she just couldn’t stop laughing and grinning like an idiot in front of him. Her cheeks were turning rosy and her body was heating up just thinking about him being in the other room. Pressing her palms to her cheek she sat down on the couch and hid her face in the cushion. Kicking her feet, she groaned quietly before peeking over the back of couch to see Kyungsoo stirring things inside a large pot. She rested her chin on the top wondering what it felt like to live like this every day. Waking up to Kyungsoo cooking and spending their days together in their own house, it sounded perfect and only made her want to stay human.

            “Taura,” Kyungsoo looked into the living room with a bowl raised as he headed to the table. He sat down but placed the bowl in front of the empty chair beside him. Taura came in playing with her shirt sleeves and sat down. It was Kyungsoo’s turn to watch her.

            She swept her hair behind her shoulders and picked up her spoon, side eyeing Kyungsoo as he had his hands neatly folded on the table with his eyes focused on her, “You’re not eating?”

            “Nope.” Popping the ‘P’, Kyungsoo tilted his head a bit to the side as he motioned for Taura to eat. Feeling self conscious, Taura’s red face leaned closer to the soup and took a spoonful without thinking that it would still be hot. She dropped the spoon and yelped in pain as the hot liquid burned her tongue. Fanning herself, Kyungsoo chuckled as he s

Please log in to read the full chapter