26

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Sehun kept guard of Taura along with Taehyung who was excitedly praising Taura and asking her where she got such strength.Everyone else was up on the top deck watching over Mira making sure she and Taura didn’t collide as well as handling the boat for the trip back home. After the big ordeal between the only two females on board, Kris and Kyungsoo decided it be best to just head back. The hostility between the two girls could prove fatal if they continued on.

            Taura still smiled at herself, picturing the look on Mira’s face once she hit her. She would never forget her wide eyed mortified expression. It’s going to bruise her pretty little face. The mermaid felt strong again. Nothing at the moment could bring her down.

            “Stop smiling like that.” Sehun remarked as he uncrossed his arms and threw Taura a disgusted look. Her smile was turning into a weird smirk that didn’t suit the mermaid at all. If I could punch anybody else on this ship…The mermaid shot Sehun a glare as she replaced her smile with a slight snarl. Sehun raised a brow at the girl before chuckling, “Trying to be scary? I’ll show you something scary.”

            Taehyung's head turned back and forth between their conversation, completely clueless as to what the two were even discussing. He eventually decided that the fact he was excluded from their talk, meant that he’d be better off elsewhere. As he went back up, neither Sehun nor Taura noticed as they continued to glare at each other.

            Eventually, Sehun flashed his sharp teeth but left Taura unfazed. It was getting old. She crossed her arms as she shook her head playfully. He smirked while his eyes flashed a light gray as he lunged at the mermaid in front of him. With her own back  the floor and Sehun on top of her holding down her hands with a strength that surpassed Taura’s tenfold, the girl now shook with fear.

            “Scared now?” Sehun breathlessly asked with his face inches from Taura’s. Instead of admitting it openly, Taura thought of a way to escape but wondered if would actually work. She slowly raised one of her legs until it grazed Sehun’s inner thighs. The Siren’s eyes widened just a tad as he looked down at what she was doing and gulped. Sehun’s grip around her wrist loosened just enough to where Taura could gain the upper hand and push him off of her. er, you may be a Siren but you’re still a man. She sat up beside the dazed Sehun and silently laughed as he looked to her, “You, you…”

            Taura rolled her eyes. It’s not like it meant anything. She stood up and dusted off her clothes before looking down at the boy and offered a hand. Sehun stared at it for a moment before taking it. Taura pulled him up and patted his chest playfully before walking off.

            Making sure that the area was clear of Mira, Taura slowly emerged from below seeing that the weather around them had taken a drastic turn. The skies above were a misty gray while the rumble of thunder could be heard south of their position. A steady wind rocked the ship occasionally too and made the waters choppy. Everyone on board was trying to get things buckled down for the storm.

            “Just hope it’s not too brutal.” Kris whispered with Lay by his side as they looked to the approaching storm.

            “It’s not like we haven’t been in a storm before.” Lay reassured before he was called down by Suho to help the others. Taura went to find Kyungsoo who was busy with Taehyung trying to put lose items back down in the brig.

           “Alright, everyone head down! The storm is getting worse!” Kris warned his crew who all scrambled to get below deck. Seeing the urgency to get to safety Taura was quick to follow. She was scared as the winds picked up and the sound of the thunder grew louder. She didn’t like being in the water during a storm nor did she like being on the water when it happened.

            Before she reached the stairs though she looked back to make sure everyone was down. She was indeed the last one, or so she thought until someone stopped her

Please log in to read the full chapter