22

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            They managed to reach a large enough land mass within a couple hours. Everyone seemed to be pleased after the incident that occurred earlier. No one wanted to be in the water after seeing the destroyed ship and feared what they would happen upon next.

            The island was rather large and one of the islands marked on the map. They were greeted by a beach that wrapped around the whole land mass framing the forest with white sands and clear blue water. It looked uninhabited. “We’ll camp out here for the night and set sail tomorrow.” Kris announced as he mounted the side of the ship and began his decent on the rope ladder. One by one the crew members went down. When it came to Mira, she had three members awaiting her just in case she was to fall. Taura scoffed to herself. Though, as she looked down to where they were to get off, she noticed that they were still in the water and gulped. She had never touched water since her incident and feared once she did, she would be exposed. Kyungsoo, Sehun, Suho, and Taura were the remaining few. Next to go down was Suho leaving Taura to feel anxious. They will all see.

            Sehun had it already figured out. He had put on a pair of large fishing boots beforehand. They were heavy to say the least but they’d protect him well enough from getting wet. He was about to head down himself when he noticed Taura slowly backing away from their place of decent.

            “Kyungsoo you go first, I still have to get something.” Sehun offered as he stared at Taura who nervously met eyes with him. She gulped, unsure of what Sehun was staring at her for.

            “Alright, but help Tuara down she looks kind of scared.”

            Sehun nodded as Kyungsoo slowly headed down shooting Taura assuring looks before he was out of sight. Once he was gone, Sehun motioned for Taura to follow him down below. Hesitant to at first, Taura eventually followed him. The boy was rummaging through things when he came back to the girl carrying a large pair of boots. He sat down on one of the stair steps and patted the spot next to him for Taura, “Sit.”

            She quickly did as told when Sehun lifted her ankle and slipped off her simple flats she had been wearing. His warm hands on her ankle had her tense and she watched him carefully slip on the large boots. They were naturally too big for her feet but Taura understood why they were wearing them. “It’s not much, but it’s protection enough.”

            Once he slipped on the other boot, he took her shoes in one hand while he offered the other to help Taura up. She did so without meeting eyes and followed him back up to the deck as they made their way to the ladder. Sehun went down first but warned Taura that the way down would be slippery especially in the fishing boots. She watched the Siren carefully, afraid he might fall but he made it down with ease. His feet protected by the boots, the water only reached his ankles.

            Taura took in a deep breath and slowly mounted the side her boots meeting the rope. She gripped the side tightly and slowly began to climb do

Please log in to read the full chapter