15

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

          “I am, your majesty.” Kris gulped as the princess came closer to him and Chen. Mira had a scar on the left side of her face but that didn’t take away from the fact she was still beautiful. Kris motioned to the ship behind him, “Please, let’s talk somewhere more secluded.”

            Mira bowed, using her hood to cover up her face as she followed the two males to the ship. Kris didn’t bother to inform the others and ushered the princess straight to his quarters when he remembered that’s where Taura was waiting as well. Once he entered, Kris found Taura sitting in a chair stiff as a board. She relaxed a bit when she saw Kris but eyed the other guests carefully when she pulled off her hood. Taura’s eyes widened. It’s her! It’s the princess! Taura became jumpy. What if she saw me in my mermaid form? What is she even doing here? Does she remember me? Of course not, she was unconscious! But what if!

            “Chen, would you take Taura out for a bit?” Chen popped out from behind Kris and smiled at Taura, beckoning her over. She shielded her face with her hair as she passed the princess and Kris, bowing on her way out repeatedly. Chen shut the door to the captain’s quarter’s and turned to Taura.

            “Say, want to help me take some of the crates down into our stock room?”

            Still in a daze, Taura nodded robotically. Maybe doing something would ease her worries. If the princess comes with us too, I might as well jump ship.

            Chen eyed the crates on the dock carefully, picking the lightest one for Taura to carry, even so it was kind of heavy. Taura had her arms open when the supplies were placed in them. It didn't feel like Taura was holding anything but Chen took her indifference as her way of feigning her struggle to hold the crate, “Maybe, I should get another guy to help. You sure you can carry it?”

            Taura shrugged and carefully stepped up the makeshift walkway up to the deck as Chen watched. He shook his head and got his own crate to carry. Taura adjusted her grip on the box when another pair of arms came around it and snatched it from her with ease.  Taura looked up at the person who took the box wanting to protest but remembered she couldn't speak. Sehun didn’t stay for a thanks and was already halfway down the steps to the lower part of the ship by the time Taura had time to process what happened. Just then, Chen came behind her and nudged her hip, “Maybe you can help, Lay and Kyungsoo down in the kitchen.”

            Kyungsoo. She could feel a hostile aura coming from him and wanted to stay far away, but she relatively had nowhere to run. Kneading her hands, she walked down to the kitchen where she could hear shuffling and pans clanking. With a deep breath, she walked in only to find no Kyungsoo just Lay. She grinned in relief and hopped over to Lay, startling the latter, “Oh, Taura! Have you come to help me?”

            Nodding, Taura eagerly looked around the small cooking area as Lay laughed, “Alright, help me dry some of these plates and put them in the cabinets. I’m going to look for Kyungsoo to help too.”

            Her smile disappeared at his name. Great. The mermaid grabbed a rag and began to dry the plates with force. Why is he even mad at me? I’m just helping, right? Gosh, what’s his problem? Why can’t he just deal with the fact I’m here now? Does he want to get rid me of me? Does he not like me?

            Taura roughly slammed the plate down on

Please log in to read the full chapter