12

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura woke up from a peaceful sleep with no recollection of any nightmares after Kyungsoo sent her to bed. In fact, she remembered having a rather pleasant dream but of what she didn’t know. All that was left of that dream was the memory of being back in the water with people beside her. They were girls. Thinking about it, she pressed her cheek to her pulled up knees, I miss you Kora…Senna…Ran. I hope you’re all okay.

            Breaking her sad thoughts was the aching grumble of her empty stomach. I’m hungry, but I don’t want to go outside. Taura looked around the room when another grumble sounded in the quiet space. With a defeated huff, she pulled the sheets from her legs and marched to her door, opening it with such force it slammed against the wall. She cringed at the loud sound and the doors frame as if making sure it was okay and proceeded out quieter.

            There was no one in Kyungsoo’s room or the guest room. Or anywhere really, but when she heard noise coming from the kitchen Taura figured they must all be in there. Being around so many people, well men and good looking men at that, made Taura feel uncomfortable and nervous. She would rather just be alone or with a few people at a time.

            “You’re awake!” A chirpy voice sounded behind the girl when a soft hand touched her shoulder. Hoping for it to be a certain someone, her face fell a bit seeing that it was only Suho. She recovered with a smile when he grinned back and led her into the kitchen, “Let’s eat, hm?”

            Bracing herself, Taura took in a deep breath, but quickly let it out upon seeing that it was just one other person in the kitchen. It was one of the guys she met last night at dinner. Lay was his name, “The others left early for the docks for the ship before people crowded the streets for the princess’s procession to her wedding on the King’s ship. Kyungsoo didn’t want to leave you alone, so we volunteered to keep you company.”

            As Suho spoke, Lay turned around with two plates full of food and set it on the table as he took a seat in front of Taura. He handed her a plate with a shy grin, “Eat up.”

            After eating, more like inhaling, the food the three of them got dressed and headed for the city. It was early, but because of the princess’s procession every inch of the town was filled with people bunching together to get a glimpse of where the carriage would pass. Taura practically clung to the two men on either side of her as they guided her to a decent spot and waited with the rest of the crowd. Honestly, Taura didn’t want to be here. She’d rather be at the beach away from the people and away from the whole wedding business.

            Maybe that Siren is here somewhere, Taura thought looking around the crowd, but how would I know? It would take a miracle for Taura to figure out the Siren amongst the crowd, and even so, she or he might not even be there. She searched the area, constantly turning her head from left to right not knowing that the two boys were looking at her. Suho nudged Lay when he caught sight of someone coming towards them, fighting his way through. Suho grasped Taura’s hand and smiled when she looked up at him, “Looking for someone?”

            Taura’s eyes widened, how does he know? Suho chuckled and turned Taura to her left when she saw a hand above the people waving at her. “Well, he’s right there.” Suho waved back at Kyungsoo who finally made it to his three friends. Taura smiled, relieved but also happy to see him.

            “Come on,” He latched onto the girl’s hand and tugged her while eyei

Please log in to read the full chapter