10

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

           She knew it wasn’t real. Taura knew what was happening to her but she couldn’t help but succumb to the sweet day dreams that were being fed into her brain. The vividness and clarity of it all made Taura mad with the lost feeling of something she felt as a one sided kind of love.

            Taura stood in the arms of the young prince. His dark eyes on her as he her fair skin, she basked at his touch. They were on the land, Taura’s rich purple tail replaced with two slim legs and an elegant dress. She was human and in love.

            “Is this what you dream about, princess?” A voice smooth as silk broke the dream state Taura found herself in as something sharp poked at her lower back. The mermaid tried to move away from the blade but found her tail strapped down by rope to a heavy rock and her arms tied up on either side of her head. The voice belonged to one of the blonde haired Sirens, Taura deemed as the leader. She swam freely around the mermaid with a smirk on her flawless face. She held the blade in her hand touching her fingertip to its point, “Your ambitions are quite intriguing for a young mermaid. Not many dream to be human.”

            Taura said nothing. Instead, she looked around for her three friends when she saw them in the opposite corner of the makeshift cave tied in the same fashion that she was. The Siren grew annoyed and raised the blade to the mermaid’s throat, “I have every right to kill you and your friends for being in our waters, you little—“

            “Enough, Tyna! No need to threaten our royal guests.” The other blonde haired Siren swam into the cave with two other women flanking her sides. From the aura she carried, Taura’s hunch as to who was the leader changed to her.

            “But,” The Siren released Taura seeing the look on her sister’s face and backed away, “As you wish sister.”

            The one called Tyna swam to her place behind her sister who swam over to Taura and smiled. If it was meant to make the mermaid feel comfortable, it did just the opposite, “You and your friends are daughters of the mermaid royals, are you not?”

            The Siren’s eyes were a deep sea green and seemed to have pulled Taura in as she whispered, “Yes, we are.”

            “Good, good, good. I welcome you, to our waters. My name is Talya and Tyna is my sister. We are the Sea Witches of the Siren waters.” Talya’s sultry voice sent an uncomfortable shiver up the girl’s spine. Taura flexed her tail as Talya shooed the other Siren’s out of the cave leaving her and the four mermaids alone. The other three were still unconscious, leaving Taura to speak with Talya alone.

            “Let my friends go. They followed me here. They’ve done n

Please log in to read the full chapter