The bet

My 8 Stepsisters

"Are you sure she said her name was Soojung?" Jessica asked Tiffany seriously. 

"Yeah and she's adopted," Tiffany replied. 

Jessica swallowed, Is it really her? 

"What does she look like?" Jessica whispered. 

Tiffany cocked her head to the side,

"She's got black hair and-" Tiffany got cut off by Taeyeon, "she looks like a cat too." 

"What's it with you and cats?" Jessica asked Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon shrugged, "Just saying." 

Yoonyul twins and the shikshin who had been watching the conversation the whole time decided that the conversation was too boring for them and not so silently left the room. 

Suddenly Jessica chuckled, "Nah, it couldn't be... no..." then mumbling slightly to herself she left Taeyeon and Tiffany alone in the room.

"Do you really think it could be her?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon who had zoned out a bit. Taeyeon shook her head to wake herself up, "Huh, what?" 

Tiffany pouted at Taeyeon, "You never listen to me." 

Taeyeon giggled and smiled at Tiffany apologetically, "Sorry." 

"So do you think it could really be her?" Tiffany asked again, this time making sure that Taeyeon was giving her full attention. 

"It seems kind of unlikely, I mean what's the chance that they are really long lost sisters but if they are then I promise to run aound the whole neighborhood ." Taeyeon grinned mischeviously.

Tiffany blinked at Taeyeon. 

"But instead if they're not you have to do it." Taeyeon added.

Tiffany stared horrified at Taeyeon, "Yah you byuntae! Your ruining my innocence." 

Taeyeon blinked innocently at Tiffany before skipping out of the room. 

Wait? Was she serious?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany was following Krystal down the street. She wondered how to approach the girl, Krystal might think she was a stalker if she carried on following her for too long but it felt too awkward to suddenly ask about the Krystal's past since it might upset her. 

But I dont want to seem like a stalker, she thought. 

"Why are you stalking me?" Krystal asked, finally turning around. She had noticed Tiffany following her ten minutes ago but had thought she was just going the same way as her so she hadn't said anythign but now it was quite obvious that the older girl was following her. 

Tiffany stopped in her tracks, darn it, she had been caught. 

"I wasn't stalking you! I was um.. going to the uhh.. post office," said Tiffany, blushing slightly. 

Krystal raised her eyebrows before she pointed towards the direction that they had come from, "The post office is that way." 

Tiffany coughed to hide her embarrassment, "Actually I need to talk to you about something." 

Krystal looked curiously at Tiffany, "Oh, what is it?" 

"It's about one of my step-sisters, her name's Jessica." Tiffany said, hoping for a reaction from Krystal but there was none. 

"Oh?" Krystal waited for Tiffany to carry on. 

"Doesn't that name ring a bell?" Tiffany asked desperately, she did not want to run around the neighborhood in her birthday suit. 

Krystal shook her head, "Nope, sorry. Should I know who she is? I don't remember meeting her before." 

Tiffany was confused, she had been so sure that the two might be related in some way, even Jessica had shown that the name Soojung was the name of her blood sister but why wasn't there a reaction from Krystal?

Tiffany shook her head slowly, "No, sorry for bothering you... I just thought... nevermind." 

She gave Krystal a small smile and she returned it. Tiffany watched the girl leave. 

This was strange...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany plodded home with heavy footsteps. She was attacked by Taeyeon as soon as she stepped inside. 

"So what did she say? Was it really her? It isn't is it? I didn't think so, but maybe it was her?" Taeyeon blurted out a series on questions. 

"I don't know," Tiffany replied with a frown. 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon asked, "Didn't you go to see her?" 

"Yeah I did but... something's not right, it doesn't all match," Tiffany mummered. 

Taeyeon smirked, "Stop making excuses just because you don't want to do the dare." 

"I never agreed to that in the first place," said Tiffany. 

"So who lost?" It was Jessica. 

"Who lost what?"

"The bet," Jessica replied, "You know the one where one of you have to run aroudn the neighborhood ." 

"How did you know about that? I thought you left," the two girls looked questioningly at the blonde girl.

"Well you learn bad habits like eavesdropping if you're around the twins too much," Jessica turned towards Tiffany, "Can I watch from your room? There isn't really a good view from my window." 

"We're not actually doing it!" Tiffany cried. 

"Yes we are," Taeyeon shot back, "So when do you want to do it?" 

Tiffany stared helplessly at the two byuntaes in front of her. 

"Do what?" Sunny had appeared with the twins behind her. 

"A bet," Taeyeon replied grinning. 

Tiffany facepalmed herself, what had she got herself into?


A/N: keke The rise of the Byuntaes!