The trip

My 8 Stepsisters

"Are we there yet?" Jessica asked. 

"Be patient Sica," Sunny replied, "for the breaks we just have to press down on them right?" 

"How did someone who doesn't even know how to use the breaks even get a driver's license?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"Unnie, are you sure we wont get in a car accident?" Seohyun mummered, worry made her forehead crease up and she analyzed Sunny's every move obviously doubting her sister's driving skills. 

"Are we there yet?" Jessica whined. 

Sunny frowned, "We've only been driving for half an hour." 

Taeyeon pouted, "Spongebob's on in an hour. How long is it going to take to get there? I can't miss this episode, Patrick's having a slumber party with Spongebob." 

"About four hours at the least but with you lot on board it'll take about seven," Sunny replied.

"Are we there yet?"

"Jessica Jung! You asked that question ten seconds ago. Unless you want me to drop you off right here on this highway, I suggest you be quiet," Sunny exclaimed in exasperation. Jessica stuck out her bottom lip in a pout and leaned her head on Tiffany's shoulder, "Fany, Sunny's being mean to me."

Tiffany chuckled, "So is le Sica sad?"

Jessica scrunched up her face, "Don't tease me, I'm not a baby."

"You're acting like one, my little Sica," Tiffany carried on with her teasing, grabbing hold of Sica's cheeks with her thumb and index finger.

"Stop it!" Jessica slapped Tiffany's hands away and blew out her cheeks.

Suddenly a tall figure threw herself at them. "Mommy, Daddy play with me. Goo goo gaga I'm your baby!" Sooyoung who was sprawled on Jessica and Tiffany's lap kicked her legs in the air and pretended to her thumb.

"Mommy," Sooyoung said to Tiffany, "I'm hungry." 

"Why am I the dad?" asked Jessica. 

"Because you're hairy," sooyoung replied. 

"I am not!" Jessica swatted Sooyoung on the head and pushed her off her lap, "I'm disowning you." 

Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at Jessica before huddling close to Tiffany, "Well I'll just stay with Mommy then." 

"No, Tiff is going to stay with me." Jessica grabbed hold of Tiffany's arm, "Aren't you Fany-ah?" 

Both Jessica and Sooyoung stared at Tiffany inquiringly. 

"I guess-" Tiffany started to say but was cut off by Jessica screaming in excitement. Sooyougn lips formed a thin line of dissatisfaction. 

Seeing this, Yoona and Yuri beckoned towards Sooyoung, "Don't worry, we'll adopt you Youngie!" 

As Sooyoung settled in with her new makeshift family, Jessica took this chance to ask again. 

"Are we there yet?" 

"No! How many times-" 

"I need to pee!" Yoona announced, cutting Sunny off. 

"I need to poop!" Yuri complained.

"I need to do both!" Sooyoung followed her new mom and dad's lead.

"Just keep it in," Sunny gritted her teeth.

"But we really need to go," the grumbled and Sunny felt a migraine kick in.

"Just wait until we reach a rest stop," Sunny muttered, putting one hand to her temple.

"Turn on some music," demanded Hyoyeon.

"We need to go," complained Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung.

"Are we there-"

The car halted to a stop at a rest stop.

"Everybody out," Sunny laid her head back on the headrest and felt around for the painkillers.  

Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung rushed towards the public toilets and Hyoyeon found her headphones and put them on. Seohyun carried on reading her book and Taeyeon had fallen asleep next to her while listening to one of Seohyun's lectures. 

Jessica looked around at the silent car. 

"So does this mean we're nearly there?"