Sublime

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sublime [\sə-ˈblīm\] adj. - Characterized by nobility; inspiring awe

 

“Why are you so quick to leave? I wanted to spend a little time with the guest that has come nearly every day this week,” Jaemin stated with a sultry grin as he glided to Mihyun in a snake like manner.

“The feeling is not mutual,” Mihyun replied simply without batting even an eyelid.

Jaemin’s smirk only widened at Mihyun’s cold words and attitude. He took a step closer to the girl and caressed her face with a single finger. “Your hostility towards me only makes you even more alluring.”

Before Mihyun could swat the offending hand away, Luhan did it for her. He stepped in front of the girl with narrowed eyes and lips curled into a small snarl. He didn’t know where his sudden confidence and courage stemmed from, but he knew that he wouldn’t allow the man to lay a single dirtied finger on Mihyun. He wasn’t in love with her romantically, not at all, but the girl gave him a sense of security and protection that he used to only receive from Sehun. Therefore, he felt as if it were his obligation to return the favor.

When Jaemin’s eyes narrowed dangerously, Mihyun was quick to tug Luhan backwards and away from the attacking fist.

“You will not harm a single hair on his body unless you would like to be sued,” Mihyun stated with a calm tone. She hated using her family power as her shield of defense, but she would discard her pride if she was able to recieve safety for the others in exchange. “I should remind you that he is now registered under the Han family, you pathetic excuse of a man.”

“What did you call me?” Jaemin growled as he gripped the collar of Mihyun’s dress to pull her towards him. “Don’t give me useless threats, you . I won’t hesitate to take your and your little pets’ lives.”

Mihyun didn't even flinch. “It seems like now it is you who are making the useless threats. A bit hypocritical of yourself, would you think not?” she asked calmly as she stared boldly into his eyes.

Jaemin’s eyes flashed in anger, and he pulled his fist back to attack Mihyun.

Truth be told, Mihyun honestly wanted Jaemin to impose harm onto her. That way, she could report his brutal attacks and have his sinful placed under great scrutiny. That is why that she calmly stared straight into his eyes, allowing his fist to come forward despite the fact that she could have easily evaded the hit.

There was a sharp pain as Mihyun felt the clenched fist collide with her left cheek, and despite the throbbing skin, Mihyun could have nearly grinned in victory. He wouldn’t be able to escape the box she would corner him in.

Jaemin grinned, feeling victorious with the sudden silence his fist imposed on the girl. “Now you have nothing to say, huh? I guess you’re starting to regret talking back to me, aren’t you, ?”

Mihyun rubbed her jaw gently with two fingers and cocked her head to the side. “My apologies. My silence was due to the fact that I wasn’t able to comprehend how much you hit like a girl.”

Another flash of anger lit up on Jaemin’s face, and his face twisted into a nasty sneer. “Well, I guess you need another fist to teach you a lesson, don’t you?”

Mihyun simply stayed silently as she wearily eyed the approaching fist, hoping that it would hit the other cheek to make her appear twice as battered when she went to report his attack. She had fibbed just the slightest bit when she stated that he hit like a girl, because truth be told, the punches did certainly leave a painful after feel. The fact that she stated that he hit like a girl wasn’t much of an insult, either, because despite Mihyun’s fragile exterior, her fists still packed quite a punch. Nevertheless, she gritted her teeth and tucked away her pride; her pain was worth the trouble the bastard would have to go through as result.

The second punch never came, however, and Mihyun’s eyes widened in surprise when Jaemin suddenly hit the wall behind him. Mihyun’s head darted to the side, and she shot forward to stop the new presence from going in for another punch.

“Chanyeol, you will stop right now!” Mihyun exclaimed frantically as she blocked the other’s fists with her hand. “Calm yourself this instant.”

“Mihyun, move aside! I swear to god!” Chanyeol exclaimed, nearly mad as he tried to move forward to land another fist onto Jaemin.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol, please, stop it!” Mihyun exclaimed as she stood firmly in her spot to stop the other from approaching. Her words failed to persuade the other to cease his attacks, however, and Mihyun sighed. She was left with no choice.

Before Chanyeol could fling his fist forward, Mihyun kicked at the back of Chanyeol’s knee to send him flying backwards. She gripped onto his arm as he was flying down, and shoved him to the side so he slammed against the wall. She grabbed his arm and gently twisted it as she held it against his back.

“Chanyeol, calm down, please,” Mihyun whispered gently as she soothingly rubbed his upper arm. “I won’t let you go until you calm yourself.”

Chanyeol’s anger had vanquished rather quickly, replaced almost immediately with absolute astonishment that the tiny girl was capable of overpowering him so easily.

“I’m going to let you go now, please don’t attack him,” Mihyun stated quietly as she let go out Chanyeol’s arm. She immediately bowed when he slowly turned around to face her with furrowed eyebrows of confusion and a hint of amazement. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I hope that didn’t hurt.”

“I-It didn’t, not really,” Chanyeol blushed as he scratched the back of his head, feeling extreme embarrassment wash over him at the fact that he had been beaten by a girl.

“You’re going to pay for that!” Jaemin growled as he held onto his aching jaw. “Don’t think you won’t receive a punishment for that, Noye.” Jaemin spat out the word as if he had tasted dirt when the word passed his lips. He sent them all one last chilling glare before he hobbled down the path in the other direction.

Mihyun let out a sigh of frustration as she watched Jaemin disappear around the corner. She had stopped Chanyeol because of the actions she was afraid Jaemin would take out on the Noye. Jaemin wouldn’t be able to touch her or Luhan in the public eye because they were protected by her family name, but that wasn’t the same case for Chanyeol. Under the eyes of the state, Chanyeol was just another trouble making Noye who attacked a higher up and deserved punishment for it.

“Chanyeol you foolish boy,” Mihyun muttered under her breath as she ran her fingers through her hair. “You will be punished now. Why did you physically act against him, Chanyeol? You should have held your fist.”

“But he hit you!” Chanyeol exclaimed childishly as he pointed to your bruising cheek.

A small smile spread across Mihyun’s face, and she found herself unable to continue to scold the boy any longer. “I will see what I can do to evade your punishment. Come on, let’s go back to your room.”

She turned to Luhan who had been frozen in his spot, shamefully staring at his feet. “Luhan? Come, let's go.”

Luhan responded with a curt nod before darting forward, not daring to raise his head from shame. He was such a coward, really. He had watched as Jaemin attacked her, and simply watched once more when he made movement to attack once again. The sudden burst of courage he had experienced disappeared as quickly as it had come, and he found himself unable to protect her, even when his brain had been shouting demands and profanities at himself to move. He had been standing no more than a feet away from the two and made no movement to stop Jaemin, yet Chanyeol, who had been located far away from the group darted forward to stop the advancements on the girl. He was a coward.

He glanced behind his shoulder and caught a glimpse of Mihyun’s bruised cheek. A huge coward.

“Did you two have a nice talk?” Sehun asked as he climbed to his feet to greet the pair at the front of the cage. He moved forward to hug Luhan, but his jaw dropped in horror when Mihyun walked in with her swelling cheek. “YAH! What happened to you?!”

He cupped the girl’s face into his hands, making sure to put less pressure against her bruised cheek, and stared at the swelling flesh. “Who did this to you? I swear to god I’ll kill him.”

“You will kill nobody,” Mihyun replied calmly as she pulled Sehun’s hands away from her face. “It is fine. This idiot over here already hit him.”

“Did he bleed?” Sehun demanded as he glared at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol gave him the thumbs up, and Sehun’s mood lighted the slightest bit with that satisfaction. “Who did it?” he demanded once more.

“It’s nothing, Sehun, just don’t put any thought into –”

“It was that bastard, Jaemin,” Chanyeol answered quickly, looking innocently away when Mihyun shot him a dirty look.

“Sehun, Sehun, Oh Sehun you will rid yourself of that expression as of this moment,” Mihyun demanded as she observed the narrowed eyes and pressed lips of the other. “You will not do anything to harm Jaemin, Sehun, or I would have taken this hit for nothing.”

“What?” Sehun asked with confusion expressed through an arched eyebrow. “What are you talking about?”

“Contrary to my appearance, I am not a weak and useless girl, Sehun. I am fully capable of protecting myself, and would have easily overpowered Jaemin if I needed or wanted to,” Mihyun responded with a small shrug.

“Then why?!” Sehun demanded as he pointed angrily to her bruised cheek.

“Because,” Mihyun responded calmly to the angered boy. “I am protected by my family name, Sehun. And my family name will do much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter