Venturesome

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

venturesome [venCHərsəm] adj - willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action.

 

 

Chando’s head darted up when his office door suddenly flung open. He opened his mouth to angrily shout at the perpetrator, but paused once he recognized the new presence as Mihyun’s.

He knew that she had finally summoned the courage to approach him, for he hadn’t gotten even a glimpse of her ever since he suggested to Woosung that it would be a good idea to use that dead Noye as a warning. Chando knew Woosung inferred it as a warning to the other Noyes, but Chando had his own perspective of things. It was a warning of his own, a warning to his daughter to stop messing around with those disgusting animals if she didn’t want them to get hurt.

He watched as his daughter silently stepped into the room, and although his face remained neutral, he was mentally smirking victoriously. He knew his daughter well enough to understand that she was hiding her true emotions beneath her stoic mask, and he was the one who had come out victoriously. Perhaps now she would take more care to mind his words.

“To what do I owe your presence to, Mihyun?” Chando asked as the corner of his lip twitched upward into a satisfactory smirk. “It’s certainly been quite a while since you’ve come to meet me.”

“I saw the performance you organized a few days ago,” Mihyun stated as she swiftly closed the door behind her. The image of Kyungsoo flew into her head, and she swallowed hard to prevent her emotions from showing. She stepped towards her father until she met the front of his desk. “I can’t say that I appreciated it.”

“I thought I needed to show you just how serious I am about what I say,” Chando shrugged in response as he leaned back in his leather chair. His eyes widened slightly in surprise when he saw Mihyun’s lips lift into a small smile.

“Funny you’d say that,” Mihyun responded with a cocked head. She lifted her hand to reveal a folder and placed it swiftly onto his desk. “I was thinking the same thing.”

“What is this?” Chando asked with an arched eyebrow as he flipped to front page of the folder’s contents.

“I guess you could call it a proposal,” Mihyun replied in a playful voice as she observed her father’s expression. “If you haven’t realized already, the page you’re looking at consists of all the shareholders who currently have a significant proportion of Han Corporation ownership.”

“And?” Chando scoffed as he looked to the top of the list. “If you can’t see, Mihyun, it states rather clearly that I have the largest percentile ownership.”

“Oh I see that very clearly, father,” Mihyun responded. She outstretched a finger and pointer to her own name that was printed right below her father’s. “But don’t forget that I hold a rather large percentile as well.”

“14%?” Chando barked in laughter. “Are you trying to threaten me with your 18% when you know full well that I possess 34%?”

“Yes and no,” Mihyun answered as she began to pace slowly around the front of her desk. “You see father, although both you and I possess the largest quantity of shares in this corporation, the remaining 52% is distributed amongst a large number of shareholders, both regionally and internationally.”

“And?” Chando asked with an arched eyebrow, his amused smile stretched across his face.

“And,” Mihyun smiled in response. She leaned forward and pointed at the papers in her father’s hands. “You might want to flip to the next page.”

Chando’s eye twitched at the sight of the victorious smile on her face, and he grumbled quietly to himself as he flipped to the next page of the folder. His eyes scanned the bolded letters of the page, and it took him a few seconds to process exactly what the words meant. Mihyun watched in amusement as his eyes widened in a mix of anger and surprise, slamming both of his palms angrily onto his wooden table. “What the hell are you trying to pull?”

“I’m not trying to pull anything,” Mihyun responded simply with folded arms. “I’m not trying to pull dirty tricks around peoples’ back like you do, father. I’m showing you right here what is going to happen. I’m giving you the warning about what is to come these next few days.”

“And what is that?” Chando snarled.

“You can read, can’t you?” Mihyun shrugged her shoulders. “It says proposal to dismiss Han Chando from office.”

Chando let out a low, bitter laugh as he trained his gaze on Mihyun. “You don’t think people are actually going to vote for this, do you? There isn’t a clause! I’m not ill or elderly – nobody will vote me out.”

“I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?” Mihyun smiled knowingly as she coolly turned around to walk out of his office. She stopped just as she was about to close the door behind her, “You might want to flip to the next few pages, abeoji.”

“You did well,” Jaesuk greeted her with a smile once she completely exited her father’s office.

“My heart is beating so fast I think it’s going to come out,” Mihyun confessed as she pressed her hand against her chest. She eyed the suitcases Jaesuk was holding in his hand, and a small smile slipped onto her face. “So you already know, do you?”

“I’m hurt that you actually think you can hide something from me,” Jaesuk scoffed as he began to pull the empty luggage up the stairs.

“What’s that?” Sehun asked as he stared at the suitcases that the pair brought in. Luhan, who had been in the midst of reading a book, came to curiously join him.

“We’re moving,” Jaesuk stated as he gestured to the suitcases. “I thought that was apparent enough.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in surprise, and his large eyes turned to Mihyun for confirmation. “…Why?”

“I told you to trust me, didn’t I?” Mihyun simply asked as she began to pull an empty suitcase into her closet.

Sehun turned to stare at Jaesuk, who gestured him to follow Mihyun with his head.

“Mihyun, I don’t understand,” Sehun murmured as he crouched down beside the girl who was already pulling clothes out of her dresser. “Why are we moving?”

“Because I want to show you,” Mihyun responded simply, not even glancing at the boy.

“Show me what?” Sehun asked, his eyebrows furrowing even further from confusion.

Mihyun paused for a few seconds before turning to him with a small, shy smile spread across her face, “That… t-that…”

“That?” Sehun urged.

“That I’m willing to fight for you too… for us,” Mihyun mumbled under her breath, a light red blush capturing her cheeks. She quickly turned her head in embarrassment, allowing her long hair to shield her florid skin from Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun sat there silently for a few seconds as he processed the meaning behind Mihyun’s words. A smile slowly began to stretch across his cheeks, and he stared at the girl with affection and pride swimming through his eyes. “Mihyun.”

“Go help Jaesuk outside,” Mihyun mumbled as she blindly stuck out her arm to swat Sehun away.

“Mihyun,” Sehun repeated as he reached forward to tuck her long strands of hair behind her ears. “I’ve never seen you blush before,” Sehun stated with amusement as he cupped the girls small face into his large palms.

“S-Stop it!” Mihyun called out in protest as she tried to pull away.

Sehun grinned at the girl’s cuteness, and he quickly pulled her forward with a jerk. Mihyun’s eyes widened in surprise when she felt Sehun’s lips press briefly against her forehead, and she tilted her head up to look into his mischievous eyes.

“I’ll go help outside now,” Sehun grinned as he childishly saluted the girl before exiting the closet.

Mihyun sat there unmoving for a few minutes, and intense tinge of red capturing her face as she replayed the shy kiss over and over again in her head. She shook her head and slapped her cheeks lightly, pulling her out of her phase of giddiness.

“Need some help?” Jaesuk asked as he walked into the closet with a knowing look in his eyes. He plopped down next to Mihyun with an amused smile, and reached over to pat the head of the blushing girl.

“My little Agashi is growing up so fast,” Jaesuk cooed as he patted her hair affectionately.

Mihyun shot hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter