Closure

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Closure [klō-zhər] n. - a feeling that an emotional or traumatic experience has been resolved to allow one to move on with their life.

 

Mihyun bit down hard on her bottom lip, worried as to what she was to find when she returned home. She scolded herself for her immaturity – although it had felt rather good to speak back to her father, she knew the momentary victory wouldn’t be worth the punishment that was to follow.

“Can’t you drive any quicker?” Mihyun asked the driver in a sharp voice, not caring if she was to come off as rude. Jaesuk would soon resume his position by her side, and she had no purpose in creating feeble relationships with people who weren’t worth her time.

She leaned back in her seat nervously, continuing to gnaw at her bottom lip until she eventually broke the skin, allowing her taste buds to process the metallic flavor of blood. She had tried calling Jaesuk multiple times already, but the man had failed to answer every time, causing her worry to only increase in size.

When the car finally came to a stop, Mihyun nearly sprinted to the front door. She made sure to smooth down her flying hair and dust the imaginary dirt off of her dress before calmly pushing the door open.

“Ah, Mihyun.”

She inwardly cringed at the sound of the voice, and mentally cursed at herself for possessing such foul luck.

Her father smiled at her, and it seemed rather simple enough. It wasn’t tinged with the hint of a satisfactory smirk like she had been dreading to see; then again, her father always was quite a good actor.

“I’m going to see President Youn right now, but please make sure you will be available for dinner,” Chando announced as one of the servants handed him his coat. He gave her a brief nod good bye before slipping on his shoes to step outside.

Mihyun stood unmoving for a few seconds, just long enough to hear the front door close behind him, before she sprinted up the stairs to her bedroom, not caring about how ridiculous she must have seemed to the servants around her.

“Sehun!” Mihyun exclaimed as she flung the door to her bedroom wide open, causing those inside to jump in startle. Her frantic eyes and heavy breaths only added to her frazzled appearance, and Sehun stared back at her with eyebrows creased in worry. He unconsciously tried to move forward to see what was wrong with the girl, but his movements caused painful jerks to run through his body, reminding him of the injuries he sported.

“Is there something wrong, Mihyun?” Jaesuk asked with an arched eyebrow.

Mihyun’s eyes quickly scanned the room, and she let out a loud sigh of relief at the non-damaged state of the three boys. “It’s nothing,” Mihyun smiled as she quietly closed the door behind her. “I was just looking forward to seeing you all.”

Sehun flushed lightly under her words, but couldn’t help the small smile that threatened to spread across his face.

“Luhan!” Mihyun cried in delight once she noticed the other figure who was sitting upright in his bed. The boy offered her a small, tired smile and a small wave of his hand. She rushed to his side, and Sehun pouted at the loss of attention, but still smiled for he understood how happy she was to see Luhan awake.

“Are you feeling alright?” Mihyun asked as she cupped the boy’s face into the palms of her hands. She tilted his face from side to side to examine his features, and let out a sigh of relief when he nodded his head. His face scrunched up in pain when he tried to reach out for the girl, and she ruffled the front of his hair affectionately.

“It’s going to hurt for a while, so please bare with it, okay?” Mihyun smiled as she turned to the bedside table. She pulled out a marker and a white board before handing it over to Luhan. “I really don’t understand why I hadn’t given you this earlier, but this should be a much better alternative to writing in the dirt all the time.”

Luhan’s eyes lit up at the gift, and he offered the girl a small smile of gratitude. He uncapped the marker and wrote ‘Thank you’ in sloppy writing. He frowned at his shaky characters and let out a sigh of disappointment.

“You’re just going to have to get used to it,” Mihyun smiled as she patted his head. “It’ll get better over time.”

She got up from her seat and much to Sehun’s satisfaction, began to make her way over to the other. “Has your temperature improved?”

Sehun jutted out his bottom lip and folded his arms together, “No, I’m not better and it’s all your fault!”

Mihyun let out a light chuckle and arched an eyebrow at the childish other. “Why is that?”

“Because you weren’t here to take care of me!” Sehun whined as he outstretched an accusatory finger. “Since you were gone, you have to take care of me for the rest of the day without leaving my side,” he concluded happily.

Mihyun laughed as she ruffled the front of his hair, “I guess that’s fair.” She clasped her hands together as she looked at her bed-ridden Noyes. “Who’s hungry?” She frowned when she only received silence in response, and she crossed her arms in displeasure. “You guys have to eat, you know.”

“I’m not hungry,” Sehun shrugged as he leaned back against the bed frame, wincing at the pressure he unintentionally pressed into his wounds.

Luhan scribbled something quickly onto his whiteboard before holding it up to the girl. Me neither.

“Well I’m going to get you guys something to eat anyways, and if you don’t eat I’m not going to talk to you for the rest of the day,” Mihyun shrugged as she began to head out of the room.

“That’s not fair, Mihyun. You already promised to be by my side the entire day, and there are no take backs!” Sehun whined as he kicked his feet under the covers.

“Such a child,” Mihyun chuckled under her breath. “Alright, alright, just eat a little bit, okay?”

Sehun huffed out a reluctant, “Neh.”

Mihyun lifted her lips into a smile, and gestured for Jaesuk to follow her outside before she closed the bedroom door behind them. There was a pause of silence before a light thump caused Sehun to turn his head to Luhan.

The other was holding up his white board with an amused smirk stretched across his face. I thought your temperature already went back to normal?

Sehun’s face flushed a light red, and he jerked his head away from his Hyung before mumbling a soft, “Shut up” under his breath.

 

 

“Did he say anything to you?” Mihyun asked in a hushed tone as she and Jaesuk traveled downstairs to prepare the others a meal.

“No,” Jaesuk shooked his head. “Not anything that you’re thinking he did.” He glanced at her uneasily and slipped his hand into his pocket. “He… he wanted me to give you something.”

Mihyun furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the envelope the other withdrew from his pocket. “What is it?”

Jaesuk shook his head and handed the girl a small envelope, making sure she could see the contents of the front. “I don’t know what he intends to do, but…”

Mihyun froze once she processed the familiar writing on the front, “Is this…?”

Jaesuk nodded his head, watching the girl carefully as she stared down at the envelope in her hands. He patted the girl’s head, and pushed her gently back up the stairs. “Grab your coat, and then you can go to the green house, okay?”

Mihyun nodded her head speechlessly, continuing to stare down at the envelope that had her mother’s cursive handwriting inked across the front. She stumbled up the stairs and back into the room, still dazed and confused from the bit of paper in her hands.

“Where are you going?” Sehun asked, pushi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter