chapter eight

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter eight;

 

When Luhan went to school on Monday, he was wearing the beanie that Soah had given to him. If it would have been possible, he would never take it off ever again, not even in his sleep.

“Luhan!” Soah exclaimed in perplexity as she spotted him walking like this into the classroom. “Why are you wearing it here?”

“Because it’s a gift given by my girlfriend,” he answered proudly and winked at her. “And I want everyone to see what she gave me.”

Soah blushed in the darkest shade of red possible. It was still slightly embarrassing for her to be called like that in front of all the other people, but nonetheless, it flattered her so much that he was able to openly confess to her, proudly calling her his girlfriend unlike Taehyun. But it was Taehyun whom she was afraid of. Of course he had given the beanie back, but how could she be sure that he wouldn’t do anything like that again? Wouldn’t he go mad if he saw Luhan wearing it? And if he was... what would he do?

“Or don’t you want me to wear it?” Luhan pouted.

“No! No, I love seeing you wearing it. I’m glad about it.”

He was aware of how much time she had spent with searching for the perfect present for him. Jinhie and Yohee had told him, and it made him so happy to hear how dedicated she was to please him that he wanted to show her efforts were not in vain. And in fact, he loved the present more than anything he had ever gotten before. It was his treasure from now on.

“I’m just worried what the teachers would say,” Soah admitted. "It's not part of the school's attire."

“Don’t worry," he assured and changed the topic. "So... will you come watch the game with me after school?”

Soah nodded happily. She had been looking forward to the game since Luhan had told her about it on his birthday. There was no way she would miss it, because they were going to announce the new team captain. The better they played, the higher the chance was for Luhan to win this title. She knew how much it meant to him since he had mentioned it on their first day and she also knew that he wanted her to be there. He was constantly claiming that she would give him the strength to rock the field and Soah just laughed at that sentence, but it somehow also made her proud.

“Of course I will, I promised! You will hear me cheering from the grandstand.”

Luhan grinned and nodded. “And can I walk you home after the game? There is something I want to ask you.”

Her heart immediately stopped and she looked up to him, her eyes reflecting fear. “What...?”

“Nothing bad!” He looked almost as shocked as her. “I’m sorry if I scared you. It’s really nothing bad. Don’t worry.”

For a moment, Soah had thought her world would fall apart. For a moment, she had thought Luhan would tell her he wanted to break up. For a moment, she had felt the pain she was feeling when those things were said by Taehyun. Though this time, it was more painful, and although she had been hurt by Taehyun so badly... those words coming out of Luhan’s mouth were going to be more hurtful than she could ever imagine, she knew that. He didn’t mean it that way, but still... even the thought of being left by him made her so scared that she couldn’t think about what she would feel if that was really going to happen one day.

“Soah... Soah, don’t be sad, I really didn’t mean it that way, I’m so sorry!” Luhan took her hand and looked her in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter