chapter six

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter six;

 

On Saturday, Soah was studying when suddenly, the door opened and her sister entered the room, holding something in her left and right hand. She almost dropped her book in shock as the younger girl squealed loudly next to her.

“Yeowa! There is no need to scream like that!” Soah scolded.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Yeowa bowed and then held her stuff in front of Soah’s face, showing her two dresses. “Mom and I just came back from shopping and we thought these would be super cute for your date today! Choose one! The other one is mine.”

“How do you know I have a date?” Soah raised a brow in suspicion.

“Uhm...” Her sister looked like she just got caught red-handed. “I... uhm...”

Soah sighed and shook her head. “You know what? Never mind. I always knew that you eavesdrop at my door when I’m on the phone.”

“But you have a boyfriend now and such a hot one too, isn’t that awesome?” Yeowa said happily. “My friends have already asked me if you had brought him home yet and if I knew him personally, but I had to disappoint them.” When Soah didn’t answer, she added, “I just gave you a broad hint.”

The elder sister laughed and took the dresses out of her hands. “Thank you for buying them, I’m going to try both on and decide then.”

“But I can borrow the other one too, right? I mean we’re just one year apart and we have the same size.” Soah was slowly pushing her sister out of the room while she didn’t intend to stop blabbering. “...and ask Luhan if he wants to come over some time!”

“Yes, yes, I will.” Then she closed the door and turned around to her bed to take a look at the dresses Yeowa had bought.

A few hours later, Soah stood in front of the mirror with a cobalt blue dress, examining herself from head to toe while she ran her fingers through the lower part of her curled hair. This was her first date. No, first real date with a boy who really liked her to be exact. She wanted to look beautiful for him since the last time had been such a failure. Luhan shouldn’t be disappointed in choosing her just because of the disdvantages she brought along with. Soah didn’t want to lose him because of that, so she needed to compensate in other fields.

She was putting on the lip-gloss given by Jinhie as she heard someone clearing their throat. Her mother stood in the door way, giving her a slight smile. “You look beautiful. We made a good choice, didn’t we?”

“Yes, you did”, she smiled. “Thank you.”

“I’m glad you found someone who is taking care of you. Overcoming a heartbreak is always difficult, but it’s easier to have someone by your side to help you. I’m sure he’ll make you happier than—“

“Yes, mom. But please... I don’t want to be reminded of that now, okay?”

For once in a long time, Soah hadn't thought about him, but it was always like this. Whenever she was able to forget everything for a moment, someone would come with it again and remind her of that. Her mother, Yeowa, Jinhie and Yohee. Only when she was with Luhan, she couldn’t think of anything else other than the happiness she felt when she was by his side.

“Of course, sweetheart. Don’t forget your jacket, it’s still cold in the nighttime. So... home at ten?”

“Eleven!”

Her mother laughed and turned around, walking down the stairs. “Ten thirty. Have fun!”

 

***

 

This time, Soah wasn’t late, but Luhan, nonetheless, already stood in front of the cinema’s entrance long before the clock showed 7pm and he couldn’t hide his nervousness. For him, it was also the first time going on a date with a person he really liked and it was different from the time before, because now, it was an official date as a couple. He had spent so much time in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter