chapter twelve

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter twelve;

 

Soah was still feeling the kiss after Luhan was long gone. It was like his lips were still pressed on hers, his sweet scent of soap and lavender still lingering in the air when she lay down on her bed, recalling the feelings and his touches.

She didn’t know how long they had been laying on her bed before, her head on his chest with her arms wrapped around his torso while he hugged her toward him. He had pressed butterfly kisses on her cheekbones and forehead from time to time, remembering not to lose control and attack her lips. They hadn't talked much. They had been too caught up in this moment. Luhan had just wanted to make her feel comfortable around him. She didn’t need to be scared of his touches, so he just lay underneath her and hugged her tightly until her trembling was long gone.

‘I love you.’

That was what he had wanted to say the whole time, but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. He couldn’t, because he knew she wasn’t feeling the same way about him... yet. He was aware that she had feelings for him and he was aware that she might even be in love with him, but he was also aware that a heart, which had gotten broken not long before, wasn’t able to give that kind of love back.  

Not now. He had to be patient.

He had been patient for five years, watching her from afar and he wouldn’t mind waiting a bit more, because he knew that, at the end of the journey, a blissful love was awaiting him.

Maybe a love for a lifetime.

 

***

 

In the following week, it was sports day. Soah and Yohee participated in volleyball while Jinhie chose to do the 800m run along with Sehun and Kris in the male team. Luhan was going to do the hurdles and Soah swore to herself that she was going to watch him and no one could stop her, especially not Taehyun. Not him again. She wouldn’t let her boyfriend down another time.

Luhan was sitting on the grandstand with his friends when it was Soah’s team's turn for a game. She wasn’t that bad in sports, it was one of her best subjects actually, but playing in front of so many people made her grow discomfort. She was afraid of doing something wrong, something stupid like dropping the ball and causing the team to blame her when they lost.

But Soah tried to stay calm. Truth to be told, it even gave her strength, a little boost, seeing Luhan sitting there, cheering on her, and she knew he wouldn’t make her feel down or anything if she’d really fail in the game. So she was more relaxed than some other girls whose boyfriends had come to watch. She could literally see how nervous they were because of the pressure.

“Soah, don’t get distracted by Luhan making those faces," Jinhie scolded and took a look at Luhan who was smiling like an idiot. “I know he anticipates this very much... but jeez.”

“It’s okay," Soah laughed. “He just wants to cheer on me. I won’t. Come, it’s our turn.”

And she was able to keep her promise. Luhan was probably the loudest and happiest out of all spectators, but as expected, it even encouraged her more to give all she had. He clapped, he yelled, he laughed, he was silent when the atmosphere was tense and he jumped when Soah’s team scored a point. Every now and then, she would take a look at him just to find him smiling at her this entire time. But despite these quick moments, Soah’s head was mostly in the game, and although volleyball wasn’t her favorite sport, she did very well and so did the rest of her team. Out of three rounds, they didn’t win the first place, but considering that there were 9 teams,  third place was still very good.

Luhan couldn’t be there the whole time since he had to participate in the hurdle race as well. Every time he disappeared, Soah was hoping he would be able to make it to the next round, and as soon as he returned and she spotted his thumb lifted in the air, she knew he was there to cheer on her again.

“You were aaaaaawesome!” Luhan sang, as he took her into an embrace right after she had gotten her certificate for the third place.

“Thank you,” she answered shyly.

“I want you to stand in the front for my final race, Soah!” he grinned.

“I will.”

 

***

 

“Yohee! Switch your shirt with me!”

Soah found her friend in the women’s dressing room as she was about to drink something.

“Pardon?”

“Please, please switch your shirt with me!” Soah begged, but as an answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter