chapter eleven

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter eleven;

 

Yeowa’s shriek broke through the peaceful silence on a Sunday morning when Soah was studying.

Even though Luhan had told her to enjoy her free time, she had to. If she couldn’t get rid of those two D’s, she would have to bring her other grades up, and the only solution to achieve that was to study more. But she knew it was almost hopeless. Sometimes, the questions during the exams were so difficult and different from what she had learned that she couldn’t do it, and other times, the teachers were very strict and had too high expectations. But she had to try at least. She didn’t want to let the chance to get into the university of her dreams slip through her fingers because of her fatal mistake of trusting people so easily.

Soah and Luhan were barely seeing each other since she had decided to focus on studying. The last time they went on a date was when they had gotten their exam results back, the day she had cried so badly. He had taken her out for dinner to make her feel better, and on that evening, he had kissed her on the cheek for a second time. His lips were pressed softly against her skin for quite a long time and it had felt like the longest moment in her entire life, like her entire world was at a standstill. He had asked for permission before and as considerate as he was, he had been especially gentle and tender with this act, soothing her with his warm hands embracing hers. In the moment it had happened, her body had wanted to flinch, but despite feeling the urge to do so – she couldn’t. Luhan was the sweetest thing ever. When she had returned home, her cheeks were still burning from the feeling of his lips on that spot. It was surprising how he could light up her mood by doing such simple things.

That was two weeks ago and Luhan had never missed a chance to ask her on a date since then, but every time she had rejected him. It was painful for both, but she just needed to study to get her future saved, even if that meant to suffer now. She didn’t want to be separated from him either, nor did she want it during college, because that would mean they would see each other even less than nowadays. It would all pay off in the end when they both went to UOS. And if it meant that she had to study for several hours a day, she would do it.

But what if not? What if he got accepted in UOS and she somewhere else? Maybe in another town. What would that mean for their relationship then? A weekend-relationship? A long distance relationship? A break up? Actually, Soah had never wanted to have a certain way mapped up in her head at such an early stadium, especially her entire future that apparently was now depending on a relationship that was still blooming and relatively unstable. But despite these doubts, there was one thing she was sure about already: she didn’t want to be separated from Luhan. 

When she had told him that, he had just blushed, looked away and then chuckled. He understood, especially that part when she had told him in embarrassment that she was doing it to fulfill her dream to get into UOS and be together with him. Now that she had Luhan – she wanted that more than anything.

“Yeowa! What is it? Did you find a spider again?”

But her sister didn’t answer. Instead, she heard her mother blabbering something and another person laughing. No way!

Soah ran out of her room, almost tripped over her own feet when she walked downstairs and ran to the entrance door. As she had expected – Luhan stood there, joking around with her mom and sister.

“Soah!” Yeowa yelled. “Why didn’t you tell me Luhan would come over?”

“Because I didn’t know either,” she answered in surprise.

“I thought... if you couldn’t go out for a date, then the date would come to you.” Luhan shrugged and smirked. In his right hand, he was holding a small cake. A cream cake with strawberries on top. Her favorite.

Did she really deserve someone so sweet and caring like Luhan?

“How can you reject him every time to study?” Yeowa almost yelled at her, histrionically fawning with her arms. “You are soooo dumb!”

“Okay Yeowa, stop it.” Her mother put a hand on her younger daughter’s shoulder and pushed her out of the hallway. “Will you please stay for dinner Luhan?”

“I would love too!”

 

***

 

“How did it taste?”

Soah and Luhan were si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter