First Year's Fall

Insontis (The Marriage Life of Mr. Byun: Chanyeol's Side Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST YEAR'S FALL

 

September 7th

 

“You know what we should do?” Chanyeol asked, grinning wickedly as he put on a dark red beanie on top of his girlfriend’s head. The sight of Sera looking so adorable with red beanie with matching red cheeks from the cold air, managed to distract Chanyeol to the point he began to just stare for a few seconds with unblinking eyes. Sera had to nudge him with her elbow to make him speak again. “We, umm—” Chanyeol cleared his throat. Damn Jung Sera for distracting him with those chubby squishable cheeks! “We should put on some masks and run around the town, you know, solving crimes.”

Sera only laughed and shook her head. “Okay, no more candy for you, Mr. Park,” she said, fixing his matching maroon-colored scarf around his neck. “You always behave like this whenever you have too much sugar in your system.” Sera didn’t know that it wasn’t sugar rush that made him think like a retard. She was just too beautiful for him that he couldn’t even function properly these days. Although yeah, sometimes, it was because of the sugar rush.

But of course, Chanyeol didn’t stop there. Nothing could stop Park Chanyeol when his inner sense of justice  (or complete idiocy) wanted to shine.

“I AM SAILOR MOON, THE CHAMPION OF JUSTICE!” Chanyeol said, putting on his ultimate Sailormoon Pose. He stood straight with his legs open wide and he folded his hands on his chest, with his fingers making this somewhat weird metal sign. “IN THE NAME OF THE MOON, I WILL RIGHT WRONG AND TRIUMPH OVER EVIL...” He stopped to point his finger to Sera. “AND THAT MEANS YOU!” Then he ended it with a cheap-looking wink. “Kya-ha!”   

“Waaa, you got me,” Sera flatly said, casually taking Chanyeol’s pointing hand away and laced their fingers together. “Let’s go, you big teddy.”

The weather was a bit chilly and the boy moved their intertwined hands together to his trench coat’s pocket. She smiled and with a kiss to his cheek, they began to walk together, away from their dormitory where Lu Han, most likely, had a girl tied to his bed with her nowhere to be seen.

A few bus stops later, Chanyeol and Sera found themselves walking along the busy street of Myeongdong, thought it was never intentional to go there at first. The couple occasionally stopped to buy snacks and sweets on the side of the street. Chanyeol bought a cotton candy and just like usual, he began to snatch some part of it away with his fingers and placed it on top of his upper lip. Then he began to do an impersonation of Mr. Crab from SpongeBob SquarePants.

“UWAH, MONEY!” He said, playing with his ‘mustache’ and everyone started to look at him weirdly except Jung Sera who was busy holding a hand against her stomach which was starting to hurt from laughing too much. No matter how many times she’d seen this already, she still laughed over his lame jokes because everything was so Park Chanyeol and Park Chanyeol was her everything and every bit of her happiness.

Chanyeol grinned. Yep, he still got it, all right. His amazing flirting skill. And Baekhyun thought Chanyeol wouldn’t be able to get girls if he kept on doing that. Stupid ByunBaekkie.

“You know what we should do, Princess?”

“I’ll do it next time when I bring my Sailormoon mask with me, okay? Not now.”

Chanyeol pinched the bridge of her nose playfully. “I wasn’t going to talk about that. I was thinking that maybe we should buy a puppy together.”

“A puppy.”

“Yes.”

“Like, a real puppy?”

“Yes.”

“You know we’re living in a dorm, right?”

“Ri.... ght. And that means....?”

“No pets allowed.”

“Well, crap. I should’ve thought about that first.” And he laughed awkwardly when she raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Because I kind of already, you know, bought it.”

“You bought it?”

“I bought it.”

“A puppy.”

“Yeah.”

“You bought a puppy.”

Chanyeol chuckled. “I don’t know why you keep repeating my lines and it’s okay because your lips look cute when you say the word ‘puppy’ but yeah, I bought a puppy and now we’re on our way to see the dog.”

She stared at him, looking bewildered. Chanyeol snatched away her potato twist from her hand and began to munch loudly as he waited for her to react more.

Okay, when Sera said she wanted Chanyeol to do unexpected things for her, she was thinking along the line of him buying a plushie for her or something. Buying a dog-shaped plushie would be understandable. Buying a real dog would certainly not.

“Oh, right,” Chanyeol said nonchalantly, “I also bought a parrot.”


    ***

September 10th

 

It was just another typical day of Park Chanyeol hanging out in his girlfriend’s room because Baekhyun was too busy being an (Chanyeol wanted to hang out and watch Miss Congeniality together because they used to do that all the time back in high school but now suddenly Baekhyun decided that the movie was “too gay” and he was “too cool” to watch Sandra Bullock going undercover in the Miss United States beauty pageant). Chanyeol felt a bit sorry for his best friend earlier because he had spent too much times with his girlfriend and thus, he wanted to have a quality time together by watching Miss Congeniality (because what’s better than watching Miss Congeniality together with your favorite bro, right?). But now after Baekhyun had insulted Sandra Bullock in front of him like that? That dude owed him an apology. A serious apology.
 

“Princess Sera~” Chanyeol cooed, knocking on her door in the same beat as his favorite song in Miss Congeniality’s soundtrack. “Prince Chanyeol has arrived to keep you company, my dear~”

Sera opened her door with a yawn and one hand rubbing her eyes. Her wavy auburn hair was a bit tousled so maybe she just took a quick nap a few moments ago. “Hey, Yeollie.” She smiled sleepily. “What’s up?”

Chanyeol gaped at the sight of her. “You...” He swallowed hard. “I-Is that my hoodie?”

“Hmm?” She blinked, looking down her body and realized that yes, she was wearing his hoodie indeed.

And oh right, nothing more.

“Uh...” She blushed, laughing awkwardly as she pulled the hem down to cover her thighs better. She suddenly felt underneath his eyes. “Y-yeah. I was... It has your scent on it and it helps me sleep better—umm... Y-you don’t mind, do you?”

Chanyeol blinked once again, taking every detail into his head before he noticed that he was being a creep and so he panicked.

He literally screamed.

Sera covered her ears with both hands, looking shock and flustered. “C-Chanyeol, what—?!”

And without warning whatsoever, Park Chanyeol pushed his girlfriend back into her room, slammed the door on her face, then proceeded to run for his life.

It was like, a near death experience for him and he was glad he was still alive.

“BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol screamed as he kicked his friend’s door open, revealing a very Byun Baekhyun, and a very lady with dyed blonde hair on his bed. (from now on, Chanyeol decided to refer to her as Lucky Lady number 27 because well, she was the twenty seventh gal who was lucky enough to be taken into Byun Baekhyun’s Lair of and Self-Worshipping—if Chanyeol didn’t miscalculate the numbers ‘cause he was never really good with math). The two of them were doing... well, stuff on Baekhyun’s bed and it became another near death experience for Park Chanyeol because, wow, s.

“JESUS CHRI—” Baekhyun almost leaped out the bed in shock. Whoa, Chanyeol thought, that's a , alright. “CHANYEOL! WHAT THE , MAN?!”

Lucky Lady number 27 threw a girly yelp and rolled to the side of the bed, covering herself in Baekhyun’s nasty blanket and hid under it.

“Oh wow, okay,” Chanyeol’s panic momentarily disappeared when he noticed how upset Baekhyun was and uh, he got distracted with the sight of a stone-hard practically poking him in the eye. “Dude, come on,” Chanyeol said, wincing, “Cover your pee-pee.”

Baekhyun’s face was turning purple when he abruptly put on his boxer back. “I am going to kill you, PARK CHANYEOL!”

Chanyeol flinched when Baekhyun wrapped one hand around his collar and brought his face down so he could glare at the taller man better. “W-woah, okay, buddy, I’m sorry,” Chanyeol said, quickly raising both hands in the air. “Clearly, I just interrupted you guys in your... sacred moment—and phew, this is so awkward—but you should’ve locked the door—”

“WILL YOU JUST GET OUT OF HERE?!” Baekhyun was practically blowing off steam and Chanyeol didn’t want to be Brazilian kicked to hell so he went back to the door, ready to exit the room when he remembered the reason why he came here.

“BUT DUDE, WAIT!” Chanyeol screamed, making Baekhyun and Lucky Lady number 27 jumped in surprise again. “YOU WERE TOTALLY RIGHT, BYUNBAEK! YOUR ULTIMATE FANTASY IS Y BEYOND BELIEF! MY GIRL LOOKS SO FREAKING HOT WEARING MY CLOTHES I THINK I ALMOST DIED BACK THERE!”

Lucky Lady number 27 seemed to be upset over that topic. “Your ultimate fantasy?” she asked, frowning in displeased at Baekhyun. “Your ultimate fantasy is seeing a girl wearing your clothes? I thought you said me riding you was your ultimate fantasy!”

Baekhyun wanted to die. “Chanyeol, will you please get out?” he asked, not screaming but almost equally threatening. “I’m kind of busy here?”

“Oh right!” Chanyeol said, slapping his palm to his forehead and groaning afterwards because oh dear God, the pain! “I totally understand, ByunBaek. I just, you know, wanted to tell you this because I once made fun of you talking about how you wanted your future girlfriend to wear your shirt—”

“Wow, what a liar,” Lucky Lady number 27 commented, folding her hands on her chest as she scowled at Baekhyun. “You’re a total !”

“Keep talking and you won’t get anywhere near my ,” Baekhyun simply replied back and the girl huffed, pouting as she waited for the other guy to leave so they could start doing the dirty again. Because, obviously, everyone wanted the B’s self-acclaimed glorious D.

Chanyeol was transfixed at the way the blanket didn’t do much at covering her s. It wasn’t like he had any interest in checking out other girl’s s (Chanyeol had an infinite amount of curiosity and desire to examine Jung Sera’s perfectly shaped s but of course, he was still a dude and dudes do not resist any girl’s s when they're being shoved to his face). Thus, he gulped.

“Yeol?” Baekhyun called, scowling. “Yah, Chanyeol!”

“Such... beautiful s...”

“CHANYEOL!”

Chanyeol looked like he just got slapped. “H-huh—what?”

“What the heck are you waiting for, you idiot?! Go!”

“U-uh, yeah—Right away, Sir!” And when Chanyeol was about to flee out of the room, Baekhyun’s toilet door rattled and a second later, Lu Han came out from their shared bathroom.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Lucky Lady number 27 stared at him with wide eyes and nobody moved.

“What?” Luhan asked, plucking his earphones out of his ears and threw his playboy magazine to his desk. “Are you two finished yet? Why is Yeollie here?” Then he gasped loudly, a hand being pressed to his chest. “Oh my ing God! Are you guys having an without me?! Me, your dearest best friend from the land of—”

“You’re not my best friend—”

“I thought our friendship means something, BaekBunny!”

The said man was still having a hard time believing the current situation. “Dude, have you...” Baekhyun started, his mouth agape. “Been there all the time?”

“You mean,” Lu Han clarified, folding his arms on his chest, “since your lady over there screamed OH YES BAEKHYUN ME HARDER or since you started crying because the was too good?”

Chanyeol gasped. “ByunBaek cried?”

“No, I did not!”

"Yeah, he totally did~"

"LU HAN!"

Meanwhile, Lucky Lady Number 27 looked like she wanted to die out of shame.

“I’m just messing with you, BaekBunny,” Lu Han said, winking at the said man. “Don’t worry, I was just taking a dump. I wasn’t listening to you two—like, dude, come on, I’m not a ert. What, you think I was touching myself while listening to your y moans?”

Baekhyun frowned, his lips mouthing the words "What the ...?"

"Luhannie-hyung, you kind of have your hanging halfway out your boxer."

"Shut up, Yeol."

"Oh my God," Baekhyun groaned, just a hair away from yanking his hair away. “I don't want to hear this. Get out,” he said again and Baekhyun bent himself down to cover Lucky Lady number 27’s body under his. "I'm busy, get out."

“Geez, this is my room too, ya know," Lu Han huffed, "And wow, Baekhyun, you have such a nice —”

“Do not talk to me about my —”

“What, a man can’t appreciate a handful of nice, squishy —”

“GET OUT!”


***

September 19th
    
“So, ,” Chanyeol said, beginning another conversation that she used to avoid. She was already used to it by now.

“Hereeee he goes,” Sera said, rolling her eyes at him and Chanyeol pulled her closer until she landed on his lap. She laughed because Chanyeol was wrapping his arms around her waist and it somehow tickled. “Okay, okay, I give up! What do you want to talk about?”

“Hey, Princess Jung~"

"Yes, Prince Chanyeol from the Southern Isles?"

Chanyeol giggled, kissing her cheek. "Sera, how long do you think we’ve dated?” Chanyeol asked, leaning his back against the couch and Sera had her back pressed comfortably to his chest.

“Mmm...” Sera hummed, playing with Chanyeol’s big fingers, timidly pinching the skin at the back of his palm. “About five, no, six months?”

“Exactly five months, twenty-one days, and eleven hours. “

“Wow.”

“Not that I’m counting or anything.”    

“Uh-huh.” She and pecked him on his nose. “It’s cute that you remember.”

“Of course, I do.” Chanyeol snorted. “I remember everything about you.”

“Really?” she asked, turning her body a little to the side so she could lay the side of her face on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

“Of course,” Chanyeol said, kissing her hair once before he began talking again. “I remember how much you like it when I make you breakfast in bed—even if it was only like, yesterday’s sandwich or something.”

She giggled. “That’s true.”

“I also remember the way you always smile a little when I put my toothbrush next to yours, making them look like they were two people kissing.”

“Wow, you noticed that?” she asked, a faint shade of pink coloring her cheeks. “I know it’s dumb, it’s just—”

“Hey,” Chanyeol interrupted, giving her a chaste kiss on the lips. “I think it’s cute.”

She blushed and smiled shyly at him.

“And I also know,” Chanyeol continued, hugging her tighter. “How much you like it when I wake you up like this.”

Chanyeol swiftly bent his head down and grazed his lips against her earlobe, then he whispered, deep and low, “Good morning, Sera.”

She shivered, almost on the verge of jumping out of his lap because damn you, Park Chanyeol. and your y, y voice.

“T-that’s not true,” she said, blushing madly as she tried to push him away. But after dating her for five months, twenty-one days, and eleven hours—and still counting!—Chanyeol had figured out when she was lying or not.

He was moving fast but he was also gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter