First Year's Summer

Insontis (The Marriage Life of Mr. Byun: Chanyeol's Side Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST YEAR'S SUMMER

 

July 12th

“SUMMER BREAAAAAAAK!” Chanyeol screamed as he ran to hug his girlfriend by the waist and lifted her off the ground. He spun her around a few times until her laughter turned into a sound of a threatening puke that was about to come out of .

“SUMMER BREAAAAAAAK!” Sera shouted as well, jumping along with her boyfriend after her head’s condition was back to normal and the idiot couple started to laugh at one another while doing high-spirited high-fives. They were being so loud and in the first month of their relationship, most students in S.M University had always glared at them but now, they didn’t care anymore. It was either because they were too tired to pay attention or they had become deaf. According to Lu Han, it was the latter.

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO, SERAAAA?!” Chanyeol said, still jumping excitedly.

Sera matched his grin, nearly splitting her face into two. “ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I’M THINKING, YEOLLIEEE?!”

“I DON’T KNOW, ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I’M THINKING?!”

“YOU SHOULD TELL ME WHAT YOU’RE THINKING FIRST!!!”

“YOU SHOULD TELL ME FIRST—”

“SHUUUUUUTTTTT UUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!” Baekhyun’s scream was loud enough to blast off their eardrums and the couple immediately locked their mouths shut, hugging each other and silently praying to God so Baekhyun wouldn’t swallow them whole.

“Baekhyun-sshi,” Sera politely bowed at him after her initial shock wavered away. “Nice seeing you here.”

Baekhyun mirrored her smile but when he stared back at Chanyeol, it was all death threats and mind-numbing glares and Chanyeol wondered why he wasn’t born as a female at the moment—because Byun Baekhyun tend to appreciate human beings more when they had s instead of , though not always.

“I am terribly sorry,” Chanyeol cowered underneath the smaller one’s gaze. “Park Chanyeol will from now on, speak in a lower tone that only his partner can hear.”

“And?” Baekhyun demanded.

“And I am a low life while you, Byun Baekhyun, are the most magnificent human being on earth.”

“Good,” Baekhyun said, looking satisfied. Sera laughed the moment Chanyeol secretly rolled his eyes when his best friend wasn’t looking. “Now Chanyeol,” he continued, “I have some business to arrange with you.”

“Anything for you, Mr. Byun.”

“I need you to help Lu Han with his part-time job.”

“Uhh… okay. But why me?”

“Because I don’t want to do it.”

“But—”

“I’m not doing it.”

And Chanyeol kept his mouth shut because that was enough reason. When Byun Baekhyun wants something, he gets it, it was the most infamous slogan in SM University. Everybody knew it. Everybody ing respected it.

Oh, and also, do not tempt the midget, Chanyeol always said in his mind. Angry Baby Smurf was never pretty. Angry Baby Smurf would put The Hulk into shame.

Sera didn’t look too happy with this, though. “Hey, why are you forcing my boyfriend to do labor work?” she asked.

“Because, my Goddess,” Baekhyun said, smiling at her and she frowned disapprovingly in return. “Working in a bubble tea shop is not something I would like to spend my whole summer with. And relax, this isn’t the first time he’s done this before.”

“He’s right.” Chanyeol smiled timidly at his girlfriend, his shoulders slumped forward. “This is the third time ByunBaekkie’s asking me to do this.”

“And you always agreed with him?!” Sera asked, her hands already going to her waist. Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately took a step back, just in case. No matter how polite and feminine she usually behaved, Jung Sera was absolutely scary when she got angry and no one wanted to experience her version of hell this time around. If Baby Smurf managed to puth The Hulk into shame, Angry Jung Sera would smash Baby Smurf’s tiny face into the ground, break his neck, and step on his back with her arms raised, screaming “WHO’S YOUR MASTER, ?!”

“Damn, Yeol, control your woman,” Baekhyun said, standing defensively with his hands raised.

“P-princess, calm down,” Chanyeol said, his smile a bit shaky. “It’s not a big deal. I like doing it.”

“Well, I don’t like the way he talked you into it,” she said, glaring at Baekhyun and the said man froze on his feet. “Apologize to my boyfriend, Baekhyun-sshi. And if you want his help, ask him nicely.”

Baekhyun usually had so much pride on his chest but after he witnessed how she could practically breathe fire when she got mad, he decided to just do what she said.

“I’m sorry for being rude,” Baekhyun said, bowing to Chanyeol while his fists curled into balls. “Would you, Park Chanyeol, the Coolest - Nerd among—”

“Baekhyun-sshi.”

“I mean, would you, Park Chanyeol—my Master, my hero, the fire that lights up my world—be willing to offer me some help and do a part-time job in Oh’s Bubble Tea Shop during this summer break? I have some family business to attend, thus I can’t do it myself. I, Byun Baekhyun, your humble servant, am now begging for your help.”

Chanyeol looked at his girlfriend, wondering what he should say. She gave him the choice to decide. “I would, Byun Baekhyun, my precious student,” Chanyeol said, “if I could bring my lover with me—that is, if she agrees to do this as well.”

Sera blinked once before she smiled sheepishly and locked her fingers with his. “Of course. I’ll go anywhere with you, Yeollie.”

Baekhyun’s vein on his forehead was about to pop. “Great! Then it’s settled!” He said, straightening up once more and patted Chanyeol at the back. “You’ll start working next week. Adios, you two.” And when he was out of Sera’s hearing zone, he mumbled, “Freak, evil . She should be grateful she’s hot.”

“You’re really something,” Chanyeol said, kissing Sera knuckles and looking at her with cavity-inducing gaze even when they were still standing in the middle of their dorm’s hallway. “I’ve never seen anyone who could make Baekhyun surrender like that before.”

“It’s nothing,” she shrugged, smirking at him.

“No, it's not nothing. You're perfect, Sera. Have I told you how hot you look when you’re like this?”

“Maybe.” She tossed her hair over her shoulder, nibbling at her lip cutely as she gazed seductively at him. Park Chanyeol’s heart was about to stop beating and , he didn’t sign up to die this early.

“Damn it, I am so right now,” Chanyeol said, “Can I be honest and tell you that I’m by you right now?”

“Err... I think you just did.”

“Sera, I’m so .”

“T-that’s great to hear.”

“Because of you.”

“Yeah, I get that.”

“Only you.”

“T-thanks.”

“Will you be my queen? Please be my queen.”

And she was laughing because she thought Chanyeol was joking—which he was, but only for a little—and she dragged him into her room and the two resumed to compliment each other more with little, feverish kisses that still managed to make their toes curl in delight.

They’re so dumb for each other, it was unbelievable.


***

July 13th

 

“PRINCESS SERAAAAA!” Park Chanyeol knocked on his girlfriend’s door with so much urgency at nine in the morning. “QUI SERA SERAAAAA OPEN THE DOOR! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!”

Sera stood up from her couch so quickly, she got a head rush. She stumbled on her feet, feeling dizzy, but hurried herself to the door. “W-what?” she asked breathlessly as she opened the door for her boyfriend. “What’s the emergency situation? Did someone get hurt?!”

But Chanyeol only grinned in return, showcasing his white perfect teeth from ear to ear. “Wanna make-out?”

Sera gaped, staring at her boyfriend with blank eyes. “That’s your emergency situation?” She threw him an irritated glare but when Chanyeol grinned even wider (and she thought that wasn’t possible), she sighed and grinned back. “Okay!”

So that was how they ended up on her bed. Sera was only dressed in a pair of hot pants and and a floral blouse because it was hot at the time and she had Chanyeol’s warm palm splayed around her waist. Chanyeol was wearing a black, loose wifebeater and a pair of dark blue jeans. His hair wasn’t curled like a poodle’s anymore. It was straight and smooth, making it easy for Sera to slip her fingers between the strands.

They had kissed so many times by then that they’d grown accustomed to each other’s mouth. It was comforting and wasn’t rushed. The way Chanyeol tilted his head so he could slant his lips better against Sera’s was enjoyable since their teeth never knocked against one another anymore.

But when Chanyeol moved his mouth down to her neck, things got a bit too heated for her too handle. She squirmed beneath him, her face blazing red and her heart thumped louder.

“You’re sensitive around here, huh?” Chanyeol hummed, smiling against her skin on the side of her neck. She bit her lower lip, nodding twice as she closed her eyes and lost herself in the feeling of Chanyeol’s warm mouth. Her boyfriend chuckled, now grazing his teeth lightly against her skin and .

Sera shivered almost violently and wound her arms tighter around his neck. She breathed out his name and Chanyeol loved it so he peppered more kisses down her collarbones. He led on the smooth skin, eliciting more pleased moans and desperate calls of his name.

“Does it feel that good?” Chanyeol asked, mouth still pressed close to her hot spots as he spoke. “You keep squirming; it’s cute.”

Sera couldn’t answer him. She just breathed a little faster than usual and yanked his hair a little tighter. “Mm-hmm,” she hums, bringing his lips up to meet her softer ones again. Chanyeol sighs contently when her tongue curled around his.

“I’m not that sensitive around the neck, I think,” Chanyeol spoke, moving down once again and creating more hickeys along the skin at the part where her neck meet her shoulder. He had one hand lay idly beside her head while the other one was busy sizing her body, running gently across her stomach and stopping before it reached her s. Chanyeol might be dumb but he still had manners.

“Uh-huh...?” she asked, or moaned, more like. Biting her lip, she raked her fingers down his back, sighing in pleasure while she did so.

“But I don’t know,” Chanyeol pulled back, looking at her. She looked so beautiful like this. Her eyes half-lidded, her lips bruised red, and her cheeks tainted with blush. Chanyeol would’ve said that this sight of her was his most favorite thing in the world but then he remembered the way she smiled when she greeted him every morning. “Hey, can you try it on me?”

“Try... what?” Sera asked, still a bit dazed.

“Kissing my neck,” he answered casually. “You’ve never kissed my neck before so I don’t really know how it feels.”

Sera’s head almost blew up on fire. She had never been requested such things by someone in her entire life and now she didn’t know how to respond. So she just gurgled.

“You’re so cute,” Chanyeol giggled and he sat down on her bed with his back leaning against the headboard. “I don’t mind if you don’t want to. I won’t force you or anything. I’m just, you know, curious. Since I’m always doing it to you but you’ve never done it to me.”

She was speechless. Since when did her boyfriend become so shameless like this? Well, no, actually as she thought about it, Chanyeol had always been shameless. It shouldn’t have been a surprise.

What did surprise her, though, was when she said yes and climbed up his lap. She had a moment of bravery but when Chanyeol was facing the other way, showing enough amount of skin of his neck, Sera gulped and just... stared.

Park Chanyeol had a godly neck and oh sweet baby Jesus, Sera now understood well why vampires like to bite their victims on their necks because wow goddamn those veins and that Adam’s apple and those striking collarbones and smooth skin, and Park Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol, Park Freaking Chanyeol.

“Okay, so...” Chanyeol said when Sera continuously just stared at his neck for a long time. “I know this is the perfect time to be sarcastic but you know I’m not good with sarcasm so I’ll just bluntly tell you that this is awkward.”   

“No, wait,” Sera said when Chanyeol shifted his weight a little so she could move away from his lap. “I’m gonna do this. Let me do this.”

“Sera, you have your fighting look on your face. This isn’t a war, Princess.”

“Oh but it is for me.”

“I just asked you to kiss my neck, not to plan a murder. Stop looking at me like that!”

“This is my fighting mode, Yeol,” she said, gaining more courage. “Okay, I’m going in!” And she closed her eyes shut and leaned in to plant a peck on his neck.

Chu!

“There! I’ve done it!” She announced triumphantly after she landed a small graze of her lips that was not even longer than a second. “How does that feel?”

Chanyeol barely felt anything. No, he actually felt nothing.

"It was too quick,” Chanyeol said, rubbing a hand along the spot she just pecked. “I didn’t feel anything.” A mosquito would probably strike harder.

“NOOOOO.” She looked at him with a horrified look. “I’ve put all my strength into it!”    

Chanyeol laughed and pulled her closer by winding his arms around her waist. “God, you’re so adorable,” he said, giving her a smooch against until he could feel her relax in his arms. She sat down on his lap, her hands stayed on his chest, feeling his heartbeat. They kissed passionately, nibbling at each other’s lips, tasting the inside of their mouths, until Chanyeol broke it and trailed soft kisses to her jawline.

"You smell nice," he commented, laughing softly as he breathed in her scent. "So, so nice..."

She shivered again. Damn it, why did his voice have to be so low and alluring?

Sera carded her fingers through his hair, sighing and tilted her face to the side. She didn’t know when, and she didn’t know how, but the next thing she realized, she had her lips grazing his earlobe. She nipped at the soft skin and that was when Chanyeol nearly jumped out her bed.

“W-what?!” Sera asked, panicking when Chanyeol pushed her away by the shoulders. “What, did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?”

Chanyeol blushed for the first time that day. His pointy ears grew red and he stared at her with wide eyes. “Oh my God,” he said after a while. “I’m .”

“What?”

“I think my ears are my hotspots. I just realized it now w-when you...” Chanyeol felt like he was about to blow up. "Holy ."

“Oh!” Sera placed a palm over . “I’m—I’m sorry! I didn’t know!”

“N-no, don’t apologize. That felt amazing!” Chanyeol was about to hide his face behind his palms.

Sera blinked, feeling a sense of confident surging through her body. “Do... Do you want me to do it again...?"

"Do what?"

"I don't know, like, k-kiss your ears again o-or something."

Oh hell effing yes, OF COURSE I WANT YOU TO but I don't think Mr. Park Pee Pee can handle it and—

"Yeol?”

Chanyeol took a deep breath and exhaled. Damn it, that invitation sounded so tempting. Too tempting. “Maybe we should stop because, umm...” He cleared his throat, looking away in attempt to hide his flushed face. “Because then I’m going to want to do... things to you.”

“O-oh right, that’s a good idea,” Sera said, moving out of his lap when she noticed something hardening under his pants.

Chanyeol panicked. “It’s not like I don’t want to do it, though! It’s just that I don’t think we’re ready yet...”

“G-got it.”

“U-unless you’re ready?”

Sera immediately shook her head. Chanyeol looked disappointed. Damn, she should’ve shook her head a little bit slower. Like, in a slow motion mode. Keanu Reeves should teach her how it’s done.

“Well, this is awkward.”

“So awkward,” Sera agreed.

“I mean... my ears?” Chanyeol asked himself. “Really, Yeol? Your ears? Your stupid, elf-like ears? Those are your hot spots?”

“Hey,” Sera said, smiling fondly at her boyfriend. “They’re not stupid. They’re cute. I’ve always loved your ears.”

And just like that, Chanyeol promised himself to never let her go.

***

July 19th

“Welcome to Oh’s Bubble Tea. Great for your taste. Great for your health. How may I help you?”

“Hi, uhh…” Chanyeol scrutinized the waiter’s name that was written on his name tag. “Oh Sehun? Hi, we’re here for the part-time job.”

“Did Xiao Lu ask you to help?”

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

“Xiao Lu. Did he ask you to help?”

Chanyeol frowned and looked to the side, whispering to his girlfriend. “Who the hell is Xiao Lu?”

“Do you mean Lu Han?” Sera said and the brown haired waiter nodded his head with a blank expression on his face. “Then yes. Lu Han asked us to help.”

“Okay,” Sehun said and then he bent himself down and disappeared behind his cashier’s desk.

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head as he waited. There were some rustling sounds and the tall guy wondered what was going on behind the desk.

“Here,” Sehun announced once he appeared again and offered him a piece of paper. “Xiao Lu wanted me to give this to you.”

“What’s that?” Sera asked, peeking from behind Chanyeol’s broad shoulders. Chanyeol turned over the blank white paper and saw Lu Han’s handwritten letters scribbled all over it:

GOTCHA! NOT SO FUNNY NOW, IS IT, SQUISHY BAEKBUNNY?! THERE’S NO PART TIME JOB, YOU IDIOT! I LIED TO YOU AND YOU FELL FOR IT
MU HA HA HA HA HA Ψ (#`∀´)_Ψ
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER, ER! ADIOS!

“Princess, NO!” Chanyeol said, holding her girlfriend tightly by her arms. “HE’S NOT WORTH IT!”

“I’M GOING TO TEACH THAT CHINESE IDIOT A LESSON!”

“PRINCEEEESSSSS, NOOOOOOOOO!”

***

July 26th

“Baekhyun.”

“I’m busy, Yeol.”

“But ByunBaek.”

“No.”

“BYUN BAEKHYUN THE WORLD’S MOST ALMIGHTY BACHELOR WITH SCULPTURED NOSE AND CHISELED ABS I DEMAND YOU TO ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW OR I WIL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter