First Year's Spring

Insontis (The Marriage Life of Mr. Byun: Chanyeol's Side Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST YEAR'S SPRING

 

March 23rd
01.03 a.m

21-year-old Jung Sera woke up with a shot of surprise flowing through her veins. Her long and wavy auburn hair was tousled, while her eyes were bleary and red.

“Wake up. Lu Han invited us to come over to his place.”

She frowned at her best friend—almost glaring with her eyes heavy with sleep. “It’s one in the morning.”

“So?”

Sera began to scowl. “It’s ONE in the morning.”

"I know, but I can’t sleep.” Her friend sighed, throwing her long, straight brown hair over her shoulder. “If I want to get my stupid ex-boyfriend out of my head, I need to drink. I know I’m being selfish, but please, come with me?”    

Sure, a simple “no” would’ve worked but her best friend was staring at her with big round eyes and they were pleading and God, it was such a torture for her to be the receiving end of those puppy eyes.

Jung Sera was too nice to neglect her friend, who by the way, said that she was best friend with one of the boys in that group so she assured her that everything would be okay.

But the thing was, Sera came from a well-respected family. She had a status to hold, and clearly, hanging around with boys at this kind of hour wouldn’t do much good to that. She shook her head, telling her friend that no, she was not going to go with her. But her best friend said, quote, “What happened with those words you said earlier, Sera? ‘I promise to live my life to the fullest and no longer caring about my family status, because this is who I am and I want to have fun, and I’ll do that by sneaking into boys’ dormitory with my gal pal’”, and Sera pouted because that was certainly not what she’d exactly said but she did get the point.

To put it simply, Sera was sick of trying to be the ‘good girl’ in her family. She had to miss her high school prom because her parents said it was ‘way out of her curfew’, and she never actually had a proper conversation with boys because her mother said, “They only want to talk and be nice to you because they want to use you for their own entertainment. The next time you know, you’ll end up pregnant and what will our neighbor think of us then?” So dating would certainly be out of question.

It was a miracle, really, that her family let her off the hook for once and granted her the permission to study abroad. Other than the fact that her parents were having a hard time trying to manage their business company so they didn’t really have time to take care of her and her four sisters anymore; it was also because of her best friend. Sera’s parents put a lot of faith in her friend and knew that Sera would be okay as long as her friend was there. Apparently, they didn’t know how mischievous this friend could become.

“Fine,” Sera sighed in defeat. “Just this once. You owe me.”

Her friend giggled. “And that’s why I love you.”

***
 

March 23rd
1.38 a.m

“So let me introduce you to the dorks,” Lu Han said, flashing his charming smile that successfully made Park Chanyeol jealous because when he tried to smile like that, girls started running in the opposite direction. “This is Byun Baekhyun,” the Chinese man said, slapping his hand to Chanyeol’s best friend’s back. “He’s sassy as but you’ll get used to it.”

“Screw you, Lu Han,” Baekhyun retorted, his eyes were rimmed with eyeliner. “At least I don’t smell like Chanyeol’s socks after gym.”

Chanyeol wondered why he was being brought up to this conversation when he didn’t even say anything. Besides, his socks did not smell that bad, okay?

“See? Sassy. And that’s Lu Han-Hyung to you, Squishy BaekBunny.”

Chanyeol blinked his eyes thrice in the next three seconds not because his best friend, Byun Baekhyun a.k.a The Sassy Beyotch, and his favorite senior, Lu Han a.k.a The Campus’ Most Popular Manwhore (Baekhyun was the second one), were bickering over useless craps. Park Chanyeol a.k.a The School’s Creep, blinked his eyes rapidly because by the name of anything sacred, that girl with the wavy auburn hair looked absolutely breathtaking. Compared to his gigantic height, she was tiny and adorable, with nose so cute he could bite it off like his favorite pocky (but no, he wouldn’t do that—Park Chanyeol maybe a creep, but he wasn’t a cannibal).

When she stared back at him, it wasn’t like Chanyeol couldn’t breathe (though yes, he momentarily couldn’t but only for a few seconds). But it was like he no longer cared about air and he just wanted to breathe her in. He wondered whether she smelled like strawberries. Maybe he could just... sniff her? Surely if he was being quiet enough, he wouldn’t get caught.

“Don’t you think about it,” Baekhyun glared at him and wow, was Chanyeol being that obvious? Well, this wasn’t the first time Chanyeol ever thought about sniffing girls’ hair (it wasn’t his fault that their hair seemed so fluffy and nice!), so maybe Baekhyun was being extra cautious.

Yoora-noona, Chanyeol cried loudly inside his chest, after 21-year-old traveling alone in this cruel, lonely world, I’ve finally found my princess! Give me your blessing, for I will try to win her heart!

Obviously, Park Chanyeol read too much manhwa.

“O... kay,” Lu Han said, looking at him weirdly and Chanyeol noticed that look. It was the goddammit-Chanyeol-I’ve-told-you-not-to-embarrass-me-like-this-anymore look. Lu Han kicked him on the knee and snatched the beer away from the tall guy’s hand. “No more alcohol for you, big guy.”

And yeah, obviously, Chanyeol just screamed those words out loud.

***
 

March 23rd
1.41 a.m
 

“Oh crap,” her friend said, whispering to Sera’s ear. “I never thought guys would look hot wearing eyeliners, but oh. My. Freaking. God. I want to devour that guy.”

“Devour is such a strong word.”

“I don’t care! He’s smoking hot! And like, cute at the same time. Don’t you think he’s cute?”

Jung Sera stared at the opposite direction her friend suggested her to look. She ignored the boy who wore heavy eyeliners around his eyes, and instead, focused her gaze to the sight of a 21-year-old boy with bronze, poodle hair who was looking at her with a grin that should’ve looked more creepy than attractive but to Sera, Park Chanyeol was beyond attractive. The boy was so tall that she had to tilt her head upward just so she could lock her gaze with his, but his face was a complete contrast to his height. He had the pure, innocent kind of look, and his facial expressions were so cute and youthful like a six-month-old baby who just learned how to laugh. When he spoke to tell her his name earlier, it sent shivers down her spine. Sera did not expect his voice to be that deep and low. And no, she wasn’t complaining at all.

Sera bit her lip and looked up to him shyly, and her heart warmed when his grin became wider. Park Chanyeol was so beautiful, she thought that maybe, just maybe, she wanted to have his beautiful babies and grow old together with him, and just—

“Yeah,” Sera said, wondering whether the alcohol in her drink was the reason why she kept on fantasizing herself strolling on the beach with her hand being interlocked with the boy’s or was it just because she simply fell in love right there. “He’s cute.”

Probably the latter.


***

 

March 23rd
1.58 a.m

Park Chanyeol was drunk. Baekhyun was about to kiss her because the stupid spinning bottle game told him to do so and no, Chanyeol wouldn’t let that happen.

I’ll be your knight in shining armor! He cried loudly in his mind and then he just kind of pushed his best friend, Byun Baekhyun, to the side—which earned a loud grunt and a “WHAT THE , YEOL?!” scream from the other party.

And then he just kissed the beejezus out of her.

Oh, Chanyeol thought, she does smell like strawberries.

***
 

March 23rd, 2014
1.58 a.m

Jung Sera was drunk. Baekhyun was about to kiss her because the stupid spinning bottle game told him to do so and she wished a meteor could just suddenly blast off her campus so he wouldn’t get the chance to kiss her because a) she wanted the poodle haired boy to be her first kiss instead; b) her best friend was literally glaring at the back of her head since she had a big crush on the eyeliner boy; c) the poodle haired boy was cuter and she wanted to kiss him oh-so-badly, and d) yes, the poodle haired boy, please, where can I order one?

God was nice to her because she got to have all of her options regarding the poodle-haired boy.

The kiss was sloppy. Park Chanyeol clanked his teeth with hers once and it hurt and he tasted bitter and she probably did too because of the alcohol but he smelled kind of nice and all she could think about was whether her parents would like him if she brought him home and introduced him as her future husband.

Okay, one thing at a time, Sera. One thing at a time.

***
 

March 23rd
3.01 a.m

Park Chanyeol was dumb, and he became even dumber when he was drunk.

He’d escorted Sera back to her room but then she couldn’t open her door because she was too buzzed and he couldn’t too, and instead of trying to find a way to open it, Mr. Dumbo Park Chanyeol ended up laughing with his left eye twitching before he slid down to the floor.

It was fortunate for him that the girl who owned his heart happened to be known as Mrs. Dumbo herself. So she sat on the floor beside him, still laughing in her dorm’s hallway and not paying attention that it was three in the freaking morning and she should’ve been sleeping right now.

“Your hand’s so little,” Chanyeol said, playing with her fingers as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Yours just too big.”

“And your hair smells nice. Like strawberries.”

“I really love your deep voice.”

“And you’re, like, really pretty.”

“Your ears are lovely too.”

“Really? I’m always insecure about them.”

“They’re so cute, I can’t stop thinking about biting them.”

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the reason why Jung Sera shouldn’t be allowed to get anywhere near alcohol.

But Chanyeol was so buzzed, he literally couldn’t stop thinking that she was the manifestation of that Greek God who represented beauty (Chanyeol was too drunk to remember that God’s name and he was never really good with Greek’s history anyway) and every word that came from Sera’s mouth was like a goddamn choco banana ice cream in the middle of a freaking desert. And God, Chanyeol wanted that choco banana ice cream so bad.

“We are never going to get the door open,” Sera said, yawning adorably as she nuzzled her face in the juncture of Chanyeol’s neck.

“You’re right.” He was chuckling in agreement. “Maybe we should just—oh hey, ByunBaek.” He stared hazily when a boy sporting a vicious-looking glare came out from the room across Sera’s—her friend’s room.

“Oh cute eyeliner boy,” Sera called, smiling with half-lidded eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“Not ing your friend, that’s what,” Baekhyun replied bitterly. “What the hell are you guys doing out here?”

“We’re...” Chanyeol laughed drunkenly. “We can’t get the door open. Would you please be our knight in shining armor and help us?”

“Yessss~” Sera chimed along, slurring the last letter. “Please be our knight in shining armor!”

“You two are drunk,” Baekhyun stated and the other two people in the hallway burst out laughing, screaming, “WE’RE NOT DRUNK! YOU’RE DRUNK!”

So the eyeliner boy sighed and when Chanyeol asked him to open the door again, he spat back, “No. If I’m not getting laid tonight, you’re not going to get some either.”

“Wha—” Chanyeol was cut off with the soft sound of Sera’s breathing as she dozed off like a little baby with her head on his shoulder. “Oh, she’s asleep...”

“Good luck with that, Champ.” The shorter boy said before walking away uneasily because of his vomit-colored shoes. “Damn it, that threw up on my shoes. I’m gonna make her pay.”

***
 

March 23rd
8.17 a.m

“I honestly thought I was going to die!” Sera said, placing a hand over her chest to calm down her heartbeat. Both of them just walked out from the principal’s office after an hour of a long lecture about teenage drinking and also, the negative sides of before marriage. It was a total bummer, but at least they let them off the hook of getting expelled or even telling their parents about it. It was like high school all over again.

Chanyeol laughed a little and kept smiling at Sera, as he walked her back to her room. “Thank God we didn’t get expelled or anything.”

“Yeah.” She smiled back, still kind of nervous but relieved at the same time. “Honestly, I’m not really used to this kind of thing, you know? Last night was the first time I’ve ever broken school’s rules, the first time I’ve ever drunk any alcohol, the first time I’ve ever... uhh...” She trailed her eyes away from him, blushing madly. “... kissed a boy.”

“Seriously?” Chanyeol stared wide-eyed. “I-I mean, I’m sorry—If I had known, I wouldn’t have—If it makes you feel better, that was the second time I’ve ever kissed someone too and the first one was with my grandmother who kept on kissing me on the mouth even when I was already ten and so—God, why am I telling this to you right now, I don’t even know—I’m so sorry.” He started to babble and it was just so cute how he panicked over small things like that.
 

Sera took a hold of his hand and squeezed it a little, just like what he did to her earlier this morning when she had panicked as well. “I’m not sorry,” Sera said, cheeks tinted pink. “I’m glad you kissed me.”

Chanyeol was blushing so hard, even his pointy ears turned red.

“Goodness gracious, you guys, get a freaking room!” Lu Han, who was just walking passed them on the hallway, said with a sickening look on his face. “I’m in a hurry to impress some girl over here, and I don’t want to throw up on my clothes because of how disgustingly lovey-dovey you two are being right now.”

Chanyeol pouted. “That was mean, Hyung.”

Lu Han, who was casually walking ahead with mathematic books on his arms, only waved and said, “See ya later, dorks.”

When Chanyeol looked back at her, still pouting a bit, Sera grinned at him.

“What?” he asked.

“You look like a lost puppy when you pout.”

“I do not.” Chanyeol huffed and he poked her lightly on the side when she was laughing at him. “Hey, so I was thinking...” he started, smiling shyly. “Maybe you want to go break some more rules and have fun?”

Sera stopped laughing and stared curiously at him. “What do you mean?”

Chanyeol grinned, showing his blinding, perfectly rowed teeth. “I have this list of things I want to do, but I can’t do it alone. So, come along with me?”

She shouldn’t, she really shouldn’t have said yes to that invitation. But when Park Chanyeol is staring at her with so much hopeful wishes gleaming in his eyes, one just couldn’t easily say no.

“Great.” He grinned widely. “I’ll pick you up here at, let’s say, ten?”

“Okay...” She nodded, still confused at herself of how easily she was agreeing to this.

“Okay.” Chanyeol nodded back, suddenly looking a bit awkward like he wanted to say something but he couldn’t. “I’m gonna leave now.”

“Okay.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

But Chanyeol didn’t leave. He waited and said. “Is there anything else you want me to do before I leave?”

“Err...” What was he trying to say? Was there a signal she missed? “No...?”

“Oh... Okay...” His shoulders slumped forward, and he looked like a kicked puppy. But then he suddenly said, “I’m sorry!”, and the next thing she knew, she was being pushed back against the door to her room and Chanyeol was kissing her. It was rushed and hard and it shouldn’t have been pleasant because wow, the two of them really needed to practice the art of kissing, but all she could think about at the moment was how this boy could make her weak in the knees and how her heart almost jumped out of her body.

After ten seconds that felt longer and also shorter to her, Chanyeol broke the kiss and placed his forehead to hers. “I’ll see you at ten, okay?” he whispered, rubbing comforting circles on her cheek with his thumb just like last night.

Sera locked her gaze with his and put more effort not to turn into jelly right then. “Okay.”

Chanyeol chuckled and sneaked in to steal one little peck from her before he bouncily walked away with a big goofy grin on his face.

“See you later, Sera~”

***
 

March 23rd
11.21 a.m

Jung Sera never went on a date before, but it was okay, because she did it with Park Chanyeol and Park Chanyeol never paid attention to her failures. When she tripped over her feet, he found it to be adorable. When she pouted at him for giving her chocolate mandoo instead of the red bean one, he found her to be even more adorable so he offered her to buy the whole restaurant for her. When she blushed after hearing his confession about how much he would like to date her, Chanyeol found her to be NOONA-SHE’S-SO-FRICKING-ADORABLE-CAN-I-PUT-HER-IN-MY-POCKET adorable, though he didn’t do it literally, because a) she wouldn’t have fit; b) what if she saw his Patrick Star underwear? and c) Chanyeol wasn’t comfortable to have anyone near his crotch just yet.

At the beginning of the date, Park Chanyeol actually prepared a set of lunch for two in his backpack (as cheesy as it sounded). He told her to sit beside him on patch of neat, green grass and she giggled when he tried to role-play as a dorky magician before he picked his lunch date materials from his backpack one by one.

“This is for me.” He picked one blue-colored lunchbox from his backpack and then he started rummaging his bag again. “And this is for you.” He said, giggling, as he brought out a medium sized, pink lunchbox with a sticky note placed on top of it. The sticky note contained a drawing of a smiley face and his scribbled handwriting, saying ‘Please open me, Ms. Pretty Lady’.

Sera laughed at his dorkiness. “What is this?”

“Just open it.”    

And she did as she was told, only to find out that the box was empty. “Chanyeol?” she asked, raising one of her eyebrows confusedly.

“Let’s play 20 Questions game!” He suddenly exclaimed, his eyes wide with excitement. “I have so many kinds of food inside my backpack and we’ll exchange questions. For every question you answer with honesty, you’ll get to pick whatever you want.”

Sera laughed again at his childish behavior but she tagged along. “Okay, does the pretty lady get the chance to ask first?”

“Only if you want to.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Okay, hmm... What’s your favorite color?”

“Charleston green—it's like a really dark shade of green, almost black,” he immediately answered and picked one food from his backpack. He chose a tiny plastic filled with colorful candies. “That was such an easy question. Are you holding back, Sera?”

“No, I just want to know you better,” she replied, picking a tiny box filled with chopped sausages from his backpack. “And you just asked your first question, Park Chanyeol. Be careful.”

“Wha—” Then he realized she was right, and he pouted. “Ah, crap, that wasn’t the question I wanted to ask! Ugh, okay, fine, your turn again.”

She held back a giggle and continued. “Okay, this one is a bit personal, but it’s okay, right?” Before he answered, she added quickly, “That was a rhetorical question. That didn’t count.”

“Ah, I thought I had you there,” he said, a playful look gleaming in his eyes.

She wrinkled her nose cutely at him before she asked, “Have you ever fallen in love?”

He stiffened and waited for a moment before he settled down with his answer. “Not yet, I guess.” He smiled but not with his eyes as he took one pair of breads from his bag. “Have you?”

“I’ve had crushes before but nothing serious.” Sera wanted to add that what she felt for him now was more than a simple crush, but she wasn’t even sure of her own feelings considering she only just met him last night. It was too fast for her to decide on things.

She grabbed a tiny box filled with freshly cut potatoes with mayonnaise on top of them and started munching the potatoes and sausages one after another. They tasted surprisingly great. “Whoa, these are really good. Did you make this?”

“Would it sound cooler if I said yes?” He asked and she narrowed her eyes at him. He laughed. “No, I asked Minseok-Hyung to use the campus’ kitchen illegally and cook for me.” He picked some salads for his sandwich.

“Minseok-Hyung?”

“Baozi.”

“Oh, that guy.”

“You’ve asked your question, so I’ll ask mine now.” Chanyeol gave Sera a small-sized plastic with tomato ketchup in it, and explained that it was for her sausages so they would taste better. “Have you ever tried swing dancing?”

“No.” She dipped one bite of her sausages to the ketchup.

“Would you try it with me?” Chanyeol grinned animatedly. “I’ve always wanted to try swing dancing.”

Sera laughed. “Sure. Why not? And hey, that’s not fair! You asked two questions! I get to pick two, then!” And she picked the last two best kinds of food in his backpack: some small-sized chicken wings, and some bacon.

“Yah! You took all of my meats! Then what am I supposed to do with my sandwich now?” Chanyeol pouted, rummaging through his backpack just to find some broccolis, tomatoes, some already-cleanly-cut melons, a banana, and  a medium sized bottle of coca cola.

“Consider yourself a vegetarian. And that counted as another question from you, so I’ll take this one,” Sera happily said as she took his soda drink.

“Heeeeeey~ That’s not fair, I didn’t count when you asked about Minseok-Hyung.”

She smirked teasingly, “Well, you should have. Now you’ve got five more questions to go, and I still have six.”

“Wow, you are actually evil,” he said, flicking her nose.

Sera snickered again and leaned up to kiss his cheek before she told him, “I’ll let you have the bacon, but that’s it, okay?”

“Yaaay~”

“Next question,” she stated. “What do you like to do on your free time?”

Chanyeol took a bite of his sandwich (which contained all kinds of vegetables with only tiny part of bacon in it) and continued talking with his mouth full. “I like to—”

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! Don’t talk when you’re eating!” Sera playfully scolded.

“Well, don’t ask me when I’m having my meal then!” He tickled her stomach until she was hurting from laughing too much.

“Fine, so continue later then?” she asked, starting to eat her lunch properly.

Chanyeol nodded and swallowed his food. “But to answer your last question—for this session—I like to rap and I can pull of beat boxing rather well, I think. And I like to play guitar and drums. I can play piano too. You know my friend, Baekhyun?”    

“The eyeliner boy, right?”

“Yup. He has this amazing voice and we usually jam along to Jason Mraz’ songs together and it just... It feels great, you know?”

She nodded her head in understanding.

“So what do you like to do when you’re not busy?” Chanyeol questioned.

One side of her lips curved up into a knowing smile. “I thought we were going to continue this later?”

“This is the last one, I swear. I’m just curious.”

“Well, I’m not telling. Maybe you can guess it along the way.”

“You’re mean~” He jutted out his bottom lip childishly. “And to think that I was answering your question with all my heart earlier.”

She shook her head at his action. “Stop pouting at me like that.”

“Kiss me to make it better then?” he asked shamelessly and Sera slapped him lightly on his chest even though deep inside, she wanted to kiss him for real.

***
 

March 23rd
1.03 p.m    

“Now that we’re full...” Chanyeol jumped to his feet, standing straight. “I’m thinking we can do something like, I don’t know, playing truth or dare?”

“Chanyeollie,” she replied, narrowing her eyes at him. “We’re not twelve anymore.”

“So what?” He scoffed. “We can’t play games in our twenties?”

The touch of his fingers around her made her nod and  agree to whatever he offered her. “Okay then. Go on.”

“Yes!” Chanyeol jumped excitedly. “Oh, you are so gonna enjoy this!”

Seeing the way his huge eyes gleamed energetically, Sera couldn’t help but to smile back at him as well. “So, what are the rules?”

Chanyeol tapped his chin with his forefinger, thinking it through. “I guess we’re just gonna apply the same rule. You know, the basic stuff. But whoever fails in completing the dare or answering the question, they’re gonna have to get a severe punishment.”

“Oh, I like that,” she said, feeling excited as she was being challenged. “So what’s the penalty?”

“Hmm...” Chanyeol closed his eyes for a moment before he opened them with his mouth shaping an ‘oh’. “I know! The loser will have to do what the winner wants for a whole day.”

She thought about it thoroughly, before finally decided to just go the hell with it and just enjoy the game. “Okay, so let’s start. Who’s gonna be the first?”

“Ladies first, of course.” Chanyeol said, bowing like a complete gentleman, which successfully made her giggle for no reason.

She smirked, an idea forming in her head. “Okay, truth or dare?”

“Dare, of course,” he sneered. “Tell you what, I’m not gonna pick the truth option in this game. I’m gonna pick dare, every time, and I’m gonna fulfill it.”

She rolled her eyes at his confidence, but to be honest, Sera liked it when he was being like this.

“Okay,” she started, looking around the park to pick a victim for her game. Sera saw a little boy, playing a little too far away from his mother, who was sitting alone on a bench, completely focusing herself into reading something on her phone. Sera sported her winning grin. “Chanyeollie.”

“Yeah?” Chanyeol was looking at her with wide doe eyes, filled with excitement. His tongue was practically lolling out from his mouth, as if he were a puppy, waiting for her to throw a Frisbee for him to catch.

“You see that lady over there?” she asked, pointing her finger to where the old lady was sitting.

His eyes followed her direction. “Yep.”

“I want you to go to her, and tell her that her kid is now in a police station, waiting for her because he thinks that he lost his mother. Her kid is that little boy over there, who’s playing hide-and-seek with himself.”

“The one who’s crawling behind those bushes?” Chanyeol asked, trying to look for the kid. He was almost perfectly hidden behind the shrubs. Sera was sure that the kid’s figure was concealed enough for his mother to notice.

“Yeah.” She nodded. “Can you do it?”

“You’ve really misjudged me.” He looked at her and shook his head from side to side. “Park Chanyeol is a lot of thing, Princess, but being a wimp isn’t one of those,” he stated before he went his way, approaching the lady with so much swag on his steps.

Chanyeol was now standing right in front of the older woman who had cheeks like steamed buns. He bowed a little, making a polite gesture and then he threw a pure, perfectly innocent smile at her. She easily smiled back, probably thinking about how gorgeous and adorable he was.

Then, Chanyeol’s face grew serious. His hands were moving, trying to show her the kid’s height, and maybe he was trying to describe her son’s appearances. The lady’s jaw moved downward, gaping at him. And she eventually stood up, trying to move past Chanyeol to look for her son, but Chanyeol grabbed her shoulders and told her to go to the other way—right at where the police station should be. The lady was obviously confused, looking back and forth from Chanyeol’s eyes to the spot where his son should be. Sera was sure that in another minute, the lady was going to believe him, but then her son came running toward her arms.

“Mama! Look what I just found! A four leaf clover!”

Chanyeol looked like he was about to face palm right there.

The lady glared at the tall man, with her hands splayed on her hips. Her face was red and she definitely was about to shout at him or, maybe, even called the police on him. Chanyeol rubbed the back of his head before making a full bow, apologizing and running back to Sera’s spot before the lady could do anything to him.

Panicking, he took both of Sera’s hands in his and helped her get up. He immediately collected his things and shoved them back into his backpack before he looked at her, saying, “Yeah, we gotta go, she’s calling the police.” and forced her to run away with him.

Sera followed his steps in a hurry, laughing like she was having the best moment in her life.

***
 

March 23rd
02.11 p.m

“Okay, what’s next?” Sera asked, walking side by side with Chanyeol. They were walking down in one of the most famous streets in Seoul, but she didn’t think that there would be so many people there at the moment.

“I sense ddeokbokki,” Chanyeol said, putting a dramatic tone behind his words

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter