054.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           “Mom! You don’t need to make so much food anymore.  No one will be here to eat it.  Sehun’s staying at his house this winter break so he can be closer to the company building.” I tell her as I bounce Seyong on my lap.  My mother turns and shrugs, “Oh well, maybe you can just send some food over to him then.” She grins and I shake my head, “it doesn’t—he’s busy with work; we shouldn’t be bothering him.” I say and sigh from my mother’s childish ways.

           “Oh, Miyoung.  I know you miss him.  I’m just giving you an excuse to go over.  I’m sure he misses you too—probably more than you do.” She comments and I narrow my eyes at her.  “You don’t know anything.” I mutter and she quickly comments, “I know my daughter has no emotions what so ever—”

           “Moooom~~~” I whine and stand up.  “You’re so annoying, I might as well go over.” I say and adjust Seyong so that he’s resting on my chest.  My mother laughs and I begin up the stairs when the back doorbell rings.  “Honey, can you get that?” She calls after me and I sigh, finding myself walking back down the stairs.  Seyong makes some gurguling noise as I open the door with a small smile. 

           “Oh.” And it immediately goes away.  “Hello, Miyoung.”

           “Who is it?” My mother says but nothing comes out of my mouth.  “Miyoung.” My mother says again, her voice closer than before.  I turn my head in her direction when she comes into view.  Her eyes darkens and she pulls me back behind her.  “Look, if you keep coming here uninvited, I’m going to have file a restraining order on you, and I don’t care if you’re some big business woman or whatever, it’s my family you’re messing with.”

           My mouth hangs open at the words that fall out of my mother’s mouth.  Way to go, mom. I mentally cheer.

           “Look, I’m not here to cause any more trouble.” Mrs. Oh says before sighing, “I’m just here to talk; can I come in?” She asks and my mother steps aside a moment after thinking.  I quickly set Seyong in the baby walker before grabbing a water bottle in the fridge, “Here…I’d give you tea but it probably isn’t up to your quality of taste.” I mutter as I set it down in front of her.

           “Miyoung.” My mother says sternly and I throw her a glance.  What!?  Her eyes narrow in my direction, giving me a warning.  I’m not allowed to say anything harsh, but she is!?

           “It’s okay.  I deserve it.” Mrs. Oh says in a clear voice and we both turn our heads to her.  “I’m here to apology for…the past. I now understand how much you and my son love each other.”  She says and my mouth opens in astonish.  “I’m sorry for my inappropriate behavior, and I’m ashamed to say that it was partially because of your economic status and the fact that neither his father nor I have approved of you.”

           I furrow my brows and my head, trying to decipher whether or not she was in fact telling the truth.  “You’re a mother now, and you’re going to want to do everything to make sure your child lives a perfect life.  I was young when I first had Sehun, and I wanted to give him everything.  And because I wanted to give him everything, I worked hard with the company, business merges and international affairs, ultimately neglecting my job as a mother. 

           I was so caught up with company affairs that by the time Sehun came of age, it was already too late to give him love and affection.”

           I accidentally scoff as a reaction.  I look up with wide eyes, and my mother shoots me another warning.  “Ahh, I mean—it’s never too late to give love and affection to someone…” I mutter before shrinking in my seat.  I purse my lips and with my foot, drag Seyong’s walker over in front of me. He looks up with wide eyes and a smile from the weird sensation he felt as I rolled him over.

           “It’s too late when your own child wants nothing to do with you anymore.” She softly replies and I look across the table at her.  Seyong gurgles and I shift my attention back to my little man.  I give him my finger and he grabs it, holding it tight.  “I-I can talk to him.” The phrase blurts out of my mouth and I surprise myself in the process.  I see her wandering eyes travel to Seyong.  “Oh, no, please don’t.  I’m afraid that’ll only ruin our already ruined relationship.” She says with a sigh.

           “EOMMA!” The back door opens with a sudden bang!  “Eomma, look, my fish I caught today!” Jaehyung came inside with a fish in hand.  His whole body was covered except for his tiny eyes.  “Yeobo!” My father’s voice bellowed and I groaned in embarrassment. 

           “Who’s this?” Jaehyung appears right in front of Sehun’s mother and I scowl, “Jaehyung, throw the fish in the sink and go upstairs and take a hot shower.” I tell him strictly before he groans and obeys.  “Hello, and you are-Oh.”  My father stops in the middle of his greeting.  Mrs. Oh stands and they bow just slightly to each other.

           “Appa, she’s just here to apologize.” I say and pick Seyong up from his walker before kicking the thing towards the wall.  “Food’s been ready.” My mother says and I sigh. 

           “Mrs. Oh, stay for dinner.” My mother says, and it is not a question.  “Oh, no, I don’t want to intrude-”

           “If I’m inviting you then you’re not intruding.  Plus, Sehun’s not here so we’re going to need an extra mouth.” My mother says and quickly sets the table for 5.  I look over at Sehun’s mother who’s standing in front of her seat.  “You better sit down before she forces you to.” I mutter and call Jaehyung back down to eat.

           He shouts, happily that he doesn’t need to shower just yet.  My mother scolds him and tells him to wash his hands, so he rushes to the kitchen sink.  My father threw the 3 fish they caught from ice fishing into a bucket and tells my mother about how Jaehyung’s a natural.  My mother is, no doubt, ignoring my father as she runs around and sets the table quickly.  My eyes go around the room and land on Sehun’s mother who’s sitting and observing, what I would call, my everyday life.  There’s a small frown on her face but her eyes glisten.

           I can’t tell whether she’s overwhelmed or finding this life style odd and maybe a bit entertaining. 

           “Miyoung, will you put him down and help me?” My mother’s voice pulls me out of my deep thoughts.  I look around the room, “Oh, I can help.” Sehun’s mother suddenly says and stands up, but I just laugh, “Yeah, right.” I mutter under my breath, meaning no offense to her.  I bit my lips and hold my baby to her, “hold him instead.” I say and she looks at me.  For the first time since I’ve ever met her, there’s a speck of nervousness in her eyes. 

           She opens to speak but I quickly hand Seyong over to her and she warps her arms protectively around him.  “I trust you.” I murmur before walking away.  And that wasn’t technically the truth, but it wasn’t a full lie as well.

           I open the cabinet doors and grab the silverware.  As I walk back, Seyong’s looking up curiously at Sehun’s mother as I see moving, obviously saying something to him. 

           I take a moment and my eyes dart around the small kitchen.  Chatter and laughter fills the room. I'm content...what more could life give me that I don't already have?  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


           “When are you coming back?” I ask into the phone.  I had just put Seyong to sleep before Sehun called.  “Hmm, I don’t know, probably not until next semester.” Sehun answers and my lips form a pout.  “I can practically feel that.” He chuckles and I frown.  “Stop frowning, you’ll get wrinkles along your mouth.” Sehun says while laughing.

           I roll my eyes and scowl.  “You won’t be here for my birthday then?” I whisper and Sehun sighs, “Maybe I’ll come visit you on that day.” He reasons.  It’s not what I would have wanted but it’s better than nothing. 

           “So, what have you been up to?” Sehun asks and I sigh, looking up at the ceiling.  “Dad took Jaehyung ice fishing a couple weeks ago.  I took baby to get his 5 months shots; your mom came-hup.” I in a breath and swallow.  I roll over onto my stomach and scrunch my nose.

           “My mom, what?” Sehun’s voice suddenly became clear and alert.  Aish…  I huff and groan, “Your mom came to visit us again a few weeks ago…and she’s been visiting off and on since—but I swear, it’s not what you’re-”

           “She came to visit and you said nothing to me?” My shoulders deflate and my forehead creases.  “Miyoung—”

           “Sehun, it’s not like she was threatening us, okay?  I didn’t want to bother you with something so small.  She didn’t do anything, and even if she did, I can handle her…I’ve done it before.” I quickly cut him off.  “She just came to apologize, okay?  She’s sorry and wants to start fresh, alright?”

           I my dry lips and curl under my blankets.  “Sehun…” I whisper into the phone before I hear a long sigh.  Before he could say anything, I bite my lips and smile into the air.  “I miss you, Hun-ah…and I wish you were here.”

           His soft laughter rang through the phone, “—I wish I was with you too then can I cuddle you in my arms and hold you against my chest.” His voice suddenly changes and I shiver. 

           “…And I could spoon you all night long.”


YASSSSS!!! ONE LAST CHAPTER!!!! UGH, I am so ready to get this story over with. Like, I am so sick of this, haha. But anyways, I hope you all are looking forward to the last chapter! I WILL UPDATE AGAIN THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, nothing much in this chapter, comment your feels? Lol, Sehun's little , I swear. Hehee

Anyways, much love!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))