005.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


          I groaned as I heard the doorbell ring over and over again.  The pain from my head was nearly gone; I guess all I needed was some rest.  I climbed out of my bed before running down the stairs and opening the door.  Jaehyung angrily walked in before I remembered.  I stared back at the daycare attendant who just smile, “hello, I’m Miss Lee; your mother told me that you were going to be picking him up, but when you didn’t I came here.  You weren’t home yet so I took him to eat and now we’re back.”  She smiled politely. 

          I nodded my head, “Yes, oh my goodness, I am so sorry and thank you so much for caring for him.  I’m sorry, I’m kind of sick right now and everything just slipped from my mind.” I bowed twice before she lightly touched my arm, “it’s okay. Jaehyung’s a pleasure to have in class and he’s a very fun person to hang out with outside of class as well.”  She fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulders, “Well take care; I have to go now.” She said quickly as she turned around and left.

          I closed the door and darted up the stairs into Jaehyung’s room.  He had changed into his pajamas when I entered.  “Jae…Hey, my manly man…”  I hesitantly walked in as he climbed into bed.  “Jaehyung, I’m sorry honey.  Noona’s sick and she…” I sighed, “I forgot about you.”  I shamefully admitted.  “Baby, are you mad?”

          He sniffed and tugged the blanket towards him as I tried to pull it off.  I scrunched my nose, “Fine, if you don’t talk to me then I’m going to stay here all night and sleep with you.” I said lying down next to him.  “NOO!! NOONAAA!!! YOU’RE SICK!” He shouted as he squirmed away from me.  I broke into a smile, “Baby, you mad?” I asked as I sat back up.  He nodded his head, “GUEREOM!” He pouted cutely.  “I’m not a baby anymore!” He protested before I choked a laugh, “that’s it!?”

          He nodded his head, “I don’t care if you didn’t come pick me up; I’m a big boy, and I can take care of myself.” He pouted his lips as I quickly leaned down and kissed his chubby cheeks. “Aigoo, you definitely are a manly namja then.” I smiled as I laid down, “Jae, I’m going to sleep here tonight okay?” I said scooting closer to him.  He sighed heavily, “Fine….”  I giggled, before sticking my pinky at him, “Keep this a promise, okay?  Don’t tell mom I forgot you.”  I said as he nodded and we pinky promised, “Yaksok!” We both sang as we signed it, stamped it and sealed it before bursting into laughter.


          “Lu Han, why are you so nice to her?  She’s a filthy .” Soojung spat as she sat on Sehun’s lap.  Lu Han threw her a glare, “What did she ever do to you, huh?  We all know you’re the one to start her rumors.”  He stated as he opened a can of beer.  Soojung scoffed as Sehun hugged his arms around her stomach, “Calm down, Soojung.” He whispered into her ear before she ignored Lu Han.

          “Ohh! Soojung, you’re from Incheon too, aren’t you!?” Chanyeol blurted, “Did you know each other?  What happened?”  He said as he came in from the kitchen.  “I-I didn’t know her!” She cried in defense, “Why would I want to associate myself with a low-life like her!?” Sehun sighed and rubbed her waist, “Come on…I’ll cheer you up.” He said moving her from his lap.

          “, someone bring the music.”  Baekhyun muttered before everyone else laughed except Sehun and Soojung who climbed up the elegant staircase into one of the rooms.


[next day]

          “Mom and dad will be back tonight, okay Jae?  They said they’ll bring food back from Incheon and I’ll remember to pick you up.”  I smiled childishly as he scowled, “You better!” He pouted as I closed the door behind me.  “Come on,” I grabbed his hands and walked him to his preschool before getting on the bus to my school.

          My fever has gone down, but I’m still feeling icky for some reason.  I took out my notes and study guides to ask Nam Seonsaengnim a question.  Students were roaming the halls waiting for the school bells to ring.  I raised my hand up shyly as I saw him walk in.  “Seonsaengnim,” I said softly before he smiled and walked over, “Ne, what’s wrong?” He came behind me and leaned down.

          “Ahh, I just have some questions on the Western Literature packet we got 2 days ago.”  I muttered before he took my pencil from my hand, “Okay,” he read the questions I circled in red.  “Right here—” he started but was quickly interrupted.

          I sighed as I felt a crumbled paper hit my head.  Nam Seonsaengnim straightened and turned around, “Which one of you threw that?” He asked as no one dared answered, “Jung Soojung!” He growled and scowled at her as I bent and pick up the paper, opening it slowly. 

Park Miyoung and Nam Senosaengnim

Sitting in a tree

K-i-s-s-i-n-g.

          “Miyoung—” Nam Seonsaengnim saw me staring at the piece of paper and grabbed it from my hands, “Alright! Detention, for everyone who doesn’t tell me who threw this.”  Immediately people starting shouting Soojung’s name along with the ones she’s acquainted with.  “Jung Soojung, Lee Soyeon, Im Ahreum, and Park Minah, detention, after school, 2 hours.”  He sighed frustrated before turning back, “Why don’t we continue this in a bit.” He said as I nodded, “Ne, seonsaengnim, minahamnida.” I bowed my head in apology as he lightly patted my shoulders, “Aniya, it’s not your fault.” He said and walked out the doors.

          The room became silent.  I debated whether I wanted to leave or not, afraid of what might happen to me if I stayed in there any longer.  Finally I stood up and walked out of the room to use the restroom.  After coming back, there were already rumors going around.

          “Miyoung and Nam seosaengnim are dating.”

          “I bet he s her senseless every night at his place.”

          “omg, Nam seonsaengnim, the really handsome one that teaches class 4-A?”

          “That lucky .”

          I scrunched my nose, “Doesn’t this kind of stuff get old after a while?” I muttered to myself as I heard the bell ring.  The students rushed into their classes, not bothering to apologize as they run into my shoulders.  “Watch out !” One kid shouted as I turned around.  He elbowed my shoulder, making me lose my balance and stumbling to the ground.  School just started and already I want to go home.  But that’s every day for me. 

          Scholarship to my university in America: The only good thing I have going in life for me.

          “Miyoung—are you okay?” I looked up to see Lu Han running towards me, pushing people out of the way.  Some stopped to stare while others rushed into classes, not daring to be late.  He grabbed my hand and helped me up before I shrugged them away.  “I don’t need your help.”  I muttered bitterly as he jerked me back, “What’s wrong? I didn—I was just helping-” “-Well, I never asked for your help! So stop!”  I stated before hurrying past him and into class.


          I raised my hand shyly above me head as Nam Seonsaengnim was passing another packet out.  “Seonsaengnim, may I use the restroom?” I asked before he nodded, “Of-of course.” He hummed, “Break time!” He said before I got up and left the room as everyone started getting up to stretch.

          I dragged my feet back from the restroom and down the stairs to the first floor.  “Nurse Kim, I’m back…” I chuckled lightly as she straightened, “What’s wrong?” She said fixing her papers on her desk.  “Ahh, can I just get some pain killers, I’m feeling-”  “-Are you still sick, Miyoung?  Your head was very hot yesterday.” She said getting up and feeling my forehead.

          “Ahh,” I chuckled softly, “No, I’m fine.  Don’t worry about it.  I just need some pills to stop the headache from getting worse.” I told her before she complied.  “Arraso, Just let me write this entry in the journal....and…” She put her pen down and reached up into the cabinet to grab a bottle of pain killers, “Here you go, 2 ibuprofens.” She said handing me the pills before giving me a cup, “Water’s by the sink.”

          I walked over and turned the faucet on.  “Did you want to rest a bit, Miyoung-ah?” Nurse Kim said before I shook my head without turning back.  I miss too many classroom hours and if I stay here, I’m going to end up sleeping here the whole day…like I always end up doing.

          “Thank you.” I bowed before leaving her office.  Slowly, I made my way back to homeroom.  “YAH! MIYOUNG!”  I rolled my eyes, “What do you want?” I asked as I looked up, catching her piercing dark eyes.  “He really is doing you after school, huh?”  She smirked evilly as I cringed.  “Miyoung~?” I turned around to see Nam Seonsaengnim walking towards me.  “Break’s over everyone! Get back to class before I have all of you staying late today.” He said as he took me down the hall.

          “Are you okay?  You’re free to go home if you would like.”  He told me before I shook my head, “No…no, I’m fine.  I just don’t want to cause you a lot of trouble, and I’m sorry about the rumors and everything…” I muttered quietly.  “It’s fine…ah! You will be the first to know this.” He leaned down closer to me, “Nurse Kim and I are engaged.”  He whispered before I jumped back shocked.  “MWUH!?”  I chuckled, “Oh my goodness! No one knows about this!?” I shrieked a bit too loud.

          “They’re ing.” Someone coughed from the doorway before we both straightened.  I immediately bowed, “I’m so sorry for the rumors going around.  I’ll talk to Soojung and tell her to shut up.  I am really sorry.” I bowed again for the 3rd time.  “No, you don’t need to do that, Miyoung.  It’s okay; I'll straighten everything out.” He straightened his dress shirt, “Go back inside now.”  He told me as he followed me inside the quiet classroom.


          “OKAY! You all owe me 2 hours after school today! Congratulations!” Nam Seonsaengnim shouted as the school bell rang and everyone else was let out except students from my class.  “Miyoung, you can go.” He said with a hand suggestion.  I shook my head and dryly chuckled, “Ahh…no-no, it’s okay.  I don’t want anyone—”

          “-Look at that! It’s Friday and you all are stuck here while Miyoung gets to go out and enjoy the wonderful weather.” He interrupted as I mentally cursed.  Everyone scoffed; I could feel their glares burning through me as I slowly stood up.  I bowed my head slightly and walked across the front to get to the door. 

          “BUT Seonsaengnim!! We have soccer practice!”  “—Yeah! And Volleyball!”  I turned my head back to see Nam Seonsaengnim shaking his head with a grin, “Already talked to the coaches; no practice for you guys today.”  He said before looking at me.  ‘Shoo’ he mouthed before I bowed again and hurried out of the room.

          I got to the end of the hallway when some girl stepped in front of me.  “Where’s the rest of 4-A?” She asked in her annoying hit pitched voice.  I shrugged, “I don’t know.  Why don’t you go see for yourself?”  I looked down before looking back into her eyes, “I believe you have legs…use them.” I stated before stepping aside and going down the stairs.  That was a horrible idea to let me out.  Now everyone has another reason to hate me.


          Today my parents were coming back from Incheon.  “Jae, are you excited to see umma and appa again?” I asked as we walked the 3 blocks to our small house.  He nodded, “Guereom!  You’re such a boring person, noona.”  He stuck his tongue out before I ruffled his hair, “yah!” I chuckled, “You remember the promise, right?” I stated before he lifted his fingers up to his lips and ‘zipped’ his mouth.

          “Arraso, hehh~” I giggled, “Come on, noona will buy you ice cream.” I sad tugging him towards the ice cream parlor famous for its delicious ice cream.  “Honey, I’m just going to buy it and we’re going to go home, okay?” I told him before he nodded.  The parlor wasn’t that crowded.  Mostly parents and their children sat around the tables.  We walked up to the counter and I let go of Jaehyung’s hand to pull my wallet from my backpack.  “I’ll have 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate, both in sugar cones, please.”

          After receiving out cones, we returned home.  “Jae, you should be done with that cone already.” I scolded as he ran up the stairs.  “Clean your room so when mom comes back she won’t yell at us!” I shouted before throwing my things on the dinner table and going to clean around the kitchen area.

          About an hour later, I went upstairs to my room and to check on Jaehyung.  “Honey…what are you doing?” I asked him.  He quickly shoved something under his bed.  “No-Nothing…nothing, noona, I’m just cleaning.”  He said in a shaky voice.  I chuckled and nodded my head, “uh huh…” I muttered as I sat on the floor next to him.  “What are you doing, noona?” He replied back before I leaned around him, “grabbing the toy you just stuffed under your bed.” I giggled before we started fighting for it.

          I ended up playing with him for 2 hours.  Cars, legos, anything he wanted to play.  I forgot about everything when I heard the door open.  My ears perked and I straighten, turning my head towards Jaehyung’s door as I forced myself up.  “Umma and appa’s back!” I shouted as I ran down the stairs.  Jaehyung followed after me and reached my mom as I hugged my dad.  “Wahhh~ did we do something to deserve this wonderful welcome?” My dad chuckled before I shook my head.  “Nope…Jae’s just a very boring person.”  I stuck my tongue out at him as he pouted, “I was going—no! Noona’s the boring person!” He objected as I kissed my mother’s cheeks. 

          “Ummma~~ baegopayoo!!” I childishly whined as I sat down at the dinner table.  “Aigoo, your appetite has just been crazy lately, Miyoung.” She laughed as she set the bags of food on the table.  “Yeobo, can you grab the plates?” My mom said over her shoulders.  My mouth watered; I room was filled with the delicious aroma my parents brought back with them.  I sat giddily in my seat before Jaehyung stood up on his chair and knuckled my head, “Yah! Noona!  Why are you eating so much!  You’re going to be fat!”  He stuck his tongue out before my mouth fell open.

          “UMMA! He just called me fat!” I pointed to the little kid, standing at me height as he stood on the chair.  “No, he didn’t, Miyoung.” My mother sighed, “Aigoo, what am I going to do with you two.”  “—Oh! Miyoung, you guys forgot to check the mail.” My father said as he reached out his hand from behind me mother.  I took the large envelope from him and opened it up, not bothering to look at the sender’s address.

Dear Park Miyoung,

Congratulations!  Your application has been receive for the Fall Semester at Columbia University has been confirmed and we welcome you into you university with a full scholarship due to your astounding academic success.

          “-Omo! UMMA!! I GOT IT! I GOT INTO COLUMBIA WITH A FULL SCHOLARSHIP!” I shouted as I jumped up from the chair.  “OMOMOMOMOMO~~Ummaa, I can go….I’m free from this place! gAHhhhh~~!!!” I shouted as I quickly hugged her and my father as they stood confused, still trying to take everything in.

          “Noona!”  I turned around, “What Jae?” I stopped and asked.  He pouted, “Stop smiling…you look weird.”  I frowned, “yah! You should be happy for me!” I replied excitedly.  “Aigoo, I knew you could get in, Miyoung.  You’re a wonderful person with the best marks.  That’s why you got into the one smart public school in the area.” She kissed my temple as my father lightly massaged my shoulders, “I’m proud of you, Miyoung…I can’t wait for you to be gone.”  He said before bursting out in the laughter.

          “Yeobo!” My mother slapped his shoulders as I walked back to my seat with satisfaction.  I’m free from everyone now, forever. 


          Even after the good news I’ve just received, I suddenly started to feel sick again.  The nasty feeling that’s I’ve been having the past couple of days.  “Miyoung, can you—”  I covered my mouth as I gagged.  A stirring in my stomach made goose bumps rise from my skin.  I leaned over as my mother rushed to me, “Miyoung, are you okay!?” she asked hastily.  I gagged once more before rushing to the bathroom upstairs.

          “Miyoung-ah~” My mother said with worry in her voice.  She felt my head, “are you okay?”  She asked before I nodded my head after rinsing my mouth out.  “My stomach feels weird…”  I grumbled.  “Are you sick?”  She touched my cheeks and forehead.  “I had a fever yesterday…I took some medicines this morning before I left for school.  I guess it’s just coming back.”  I muttered after wiping my mouth with a towel.

          “Honey, let’s get you checked, okay?  You said you’ve been feeling weird lately, maybe there’s something wrong with you.” She said as we walked back down the stairs.  “No, mom, it’ll go away…” I muttered before Jaehyung ran up to mom, “Ummaa, I feel sick too…” he muttered before my mom picked him up, “Aigoo, you two stay at the table and sit.  Yeobo, can you reach up into the top shelf and get the herbs out from the back?” She asked before my father wiped his hands and obeyed.

          Ahh~! Just kidding!Jaehyung shouted as I also stood up, “I’m feeling better!” We both said at the same time as I pushed Jaehyung towards the stairs, “Pallii, Jae!” I hissed.  “Hey! You two get down here, right now! I will not have two sick kids going to sleep without proper medication.” She said as she set the kettle onto the stove.  I scrunched my nose and pulled Jaehyung back down and brought him back to his seat.

          “Your butts are glued to your seat until you finish the herbal drink.”  She said firmly as Jaehyung and I stared back at each other.  “Noona, let’s race.”  He whispered before I nodded, “Arraso, winner buys ice cream,” I chuckled softly.  “Ahh-I don’t want to eat ice cream anymore…we eat too much.”  He said before I pouted, “Yah-I’m hungry for ice cream, okay?” I said before he stuck his tongue out.  “Fine.”

          After a few minutes, my mother pushed our cups to us.  “Drink slowly, it’s still hot.”  She said taking a seat across from us.  Jaehyung and I looked at each other before nodding our head once and immediately blowing into the cup.

          Yah, yah, yah!” My mother shrieked, “No racing! You guys will just get burned!”  We bother didn’t listen to her.  “Hey! Kids! I’m going to tell dad to bring down another herb and I’m going to have you guys—”

          The smell of the drink suddenly played a mixed feeling within my stomach.  I pushed the cup away and gagged into my hands.  My eyes started watering from the sudden heaving. 

          “omomomomomomomo---” My mother got up from her seat and rushed to my side.

          “Ahhh---noona—”Jae whimpered before he turned away and started choking.

          “Aigoo, aigoo, YEOBO!!” My mother shouted before my father came out of their room, “Omo! Jae, what's wrong!?” My father ran down the stairs and knelt in front of him.  I pushed my mother aside and darted up the stairs into the bathroom as I heard Jaehyung by the end of the stairs, “ANiyaa!! I need to-”  “—Here, honey, use this bag.” I heard my mother instruct before I closed the door.

          I leaned over the toilet for a couple minutes before getting up and rinsing my mouth and washing my face.  Even then I didn’t feel refreshed.  A towel hung around my neck; I wiped my mouth with the end as I sat at the top of the stairs, “Ummaa~” I cried, “I think it’s food poisoning…” I said softly before her she casted her eyes down.  She hugged Jaehyung tightly, “I’m sorry,” She cried, “I got you guys food poisoning…”

          My father patted her shoulder, “Aigoo, we didn’t know hon.  It’s okay; it’s not your fault, arraso?” My father comforted.  The side of my head leaned against one of the wooden bars keeping the railing up.  “Umma, just go buy the medicine tomorrow…” I said before getting up.  “I’m going to wash up and go to sleep…I’m feeling very tired.”  I stated before walking into the bathroom again.


//facepalm, sorry for this horrible update, I'll get back into some good stuff in a bit...when I have more motivation -__-"

I have no Sehun feels right now...ALL LU HAN, so count on a lot of luhanxmiyoung moments in the future. Plus the whole Daeun thing is like asifjakadjga;lsdkfa. Sehun's bestfriend, dammit. why is it a girl!? URghh--Jealous gull here, please ignore her while she mentally beats the crap out of Sehun.  But ughh-- wish her the best in their debut. No hate. 2eyes&Daeun hwaighting...

Anyways, this chapter is horrible. I'm sorry.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))