047.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           One month.

           I’m surprised it took them a month after his birth to find me.  I had Seyong in my arm.  He was wrapped in a blanket and taking his scheduled nap.  Sehun’s mother sat in the kitchen chair, looking around the small room—house, actually before clearing .

           “Sehun’s father is unable to attend this unfortunate meeting because he’s in a conference, but well…dear.” She forced and I scoffed just quietly, “Please, address me as whatever you see fit, don’t need to flatter yourself.” I tell her and she narrows her eyes, eying me.  Heh, Bad idea?

           “Well, you little wrench, don’t think you can take—“ Haha, just kidding.  That’s what I thought she would have said but instead she addresses me by name, very professional.

           “Miyoung, you’re still a young…girl, there are a lot of things in the world you have not seen and this,” she signals to the surrounding, “well, this might be the reason why.  The living condition is horrible and you’re going to raise the kid here?”

           The kid?  Don’t lash out, Miyoung.  Lu Han warned you about this.

           “How about I just get to the point.” She grinned evilly sending a shiver down my spine.  “I don’t like you, and I surely don’t appreciate that baby.  What’s his name? Seyoung?” she shakes her head, “What kind of a boy is named Seyoung anyways.  You little girls are so young and naïve.  By giving him that name, do you understand that he’ll be bullied probably for the rest of his life? That is such a girl’s name.” she scoffs, and my fists are clenched tight.  Deep breaths, Miyoung.

           She takes a large envelope from her purse and slides it across the table.  “There is enough money in there for a couple years, and when you need more, don’t be afraid to ask.  Understand that there are better women out there for my son, and I am only looking out for him, doing what’s best for him.  And this, this is definitely not it.”

           I stare at the manila envelope in front of me.  My heart is accelerating and my body temperature keeps rising.  I could feel the sweat from my palms and I open them to wipe it on the blanket. 

           “Sehun’s still young.  This—whatever he feels is just puppy love.  You don’t need to worry about him because once you leave, he’ll get over you just as quick.  I’m sure he doesn’t even like you, it’s probably more pity he feels.”

           At those words, my heart basically shatters.  Pity?  What he feels could easily be pity.  “It’s not love at all.” I hear his mother’s cold words and it pierces right through me.  I swallow.  My face is hot and probably red by now.  God, I am so embarrassed. I can feel tears slowly making its way to my eyes as I continue staring blankly at the table top. 

           “So take the money.  We have new identities for you and your whole family.  Passports are ready whenever you guys are ready to leave for France.” That’s when I know—that’s when she messes up.  I look up confused, “Ex-excuse me?” I croak and bit my lips.  Sehun’s mother—no, Mrs. Oh straightens her posture, “Well, of course you guys will be getting new identities.”

           I close my eyes and take a deep breath, don’t do it, Mi—  “If what he feels is just puppy love, pity, if he’s able to get over me once I leave, there is no, and I mean no, need to change who I am.  And even if that was the case, I would never—ever, change myself for something as—as dumb and ridiculous as this.” I hissed at her.  I expected an outburst, but she shocks me.  Her posture never falters and she continued to practically kill me with her gaze.

           Now I can see where Sehun gets his cold glares—enough, Miyoung.

           “Mothers know best.”

           And I just lose it.  “Mother? Who you!?” I shout and quite glad my baby sleeps like a log.  “Don’t  you even dare call yourself a mom.  Sehun’s been through because of you and your husband.  He’s been cold and distant his entire life because of you two.  No love, no care—”

           “Little girl, do not raise your voice at me!” Her voice raises a couple octaves higher.  “No love!? No care!? Don’t you even dare.  I carried him in my womb for 9 months and we gave him everything he could ever want—everything kids across the world would love to have.  He has a bank of inheritance and a company soon to be under his name.  And that—that is how much we love him.” She glares and me.  “You,” She scoffs and rolls her eyes, “you will only bring him down, and if he goes down, the company goes down as well.”

           Strike two.

           “Mrs. Oh…” I whispered her name softly, “What is Sehun’s favorite show?” I asked her, knowing the answer.  His favorite show whether it’s a children show or even now, whatever is on, he’s only had one favorite show. 

           She stares at me with confusion in her eyes but the minute she blinks, she right back to her emotionless stare.  She takes a deep breath and answers quite confidently, “He doesn’t have one.  He doesn’t care for those things and his mind is always on helping the company that will be in his hands soon.  You should stay away from him; you will be of no good in his life.”

           Strike three.

           I take a deep breath, “I am probably one of the best things that has ever happened in his life.” I shot back and stood up.  “I don’t know what your definition of ‘mother’ is, but it certainly isn’t what you make it to be.  One, if you really knew what—how he feels about me, if you really think that all he feels is puppy love and pity then why give me a new identity?  You’re only fooling yourself, forcing yourself to think these thoughts when you know what he feels for me is true.  And two, if you loved him, you would have never brought up the company.  I would have believed you, but bringing in the company only helped with showing your true colors.” I took in a deep breath and stepped aside, “and three, his favorite show is Pororo, even now, he watches it because it’s the only good thing from his childhood. Now—” I showed her the door, “Pick up that envelope and leave.” I stated firmly and held Seyong closer to my chest, if that was even possible. 

           I’m glad my baby slept through this whole incident.  If he had woken up, I’m sure she would have made some snarky remark about how horrible of a mother I was. 

           Mrs. Oh scoffed and walked to the door with her nose high in the hair, her primped curly hair bouncing on her shoulders as she walked past me.  “I’ll leave that.  Think about it, I’m sure I’ll be getting a call from you in a few days.” She opened the door then walked out. 

           What?  It was as if she felt nothing at all.  She made absolutely no reaction to the words I spilled.  And it only helped me figure out the person she was.

           Maybe she really was a heartless person.


           “Honey, make the decision that is best for you.  Whatever you do, your father and I will be right there with you.  Just take into consideration other people’s feelings and where they’re at right now in your life.” My mother kissed my head and sighed, “Well, gotta go help your father with the store now.  Here,” she reached into her pocket and took some money out, “go for a walk, grab yourself some good food because your month is finally over and has been for a while now so go eat whatever you want.” She grinned before leaving my room.

           I reflected her smile and fell back on the bed.  2 weeks has passed since Sehun’s mother came for an uninvited visit.  I’ve been “busy” and ignoring Sehun’s calls.  There is a lot on my mind right now and my little man and Sehun’s parents are taking a majority of the space.  I look up and get a glance at the manila folder sitting on top of my bed rest.  I never wanted to open it because I didn’t want to be tempted to leave, but I did anyways.

           A few days after the visit, I opened the folder because I couldn’t help but let her words get to me.  Everything was very true even when I spoke out to her and gave her my own lecture.  Sehun is still young, freshly graduated and only a freshman in college.  What he feels for me could just be pity for—

           My door burst open and I jerk up in my bed.  “Park Miyoung, you have a lot of explaining to do.” Sehun closes the door and eyes the crib, noticing that baby is inside, sleeping. 

           “You,” he walked over, “'Busy' my .  You better have a good-no, great reason for ignoring my calls for the past 2 weeks.  If I wasn’t so busy with the company, I would have marched on over the minute I started suspecting something.”  Sehun panted.  “Now, you’re going to stay here and—what is this?” He suddenly stated and my eyes followed his. 

           My eyes widened in fear.  “I know this seal, Miyoung.” He grabbed the folder from my bed rest and looked at me.  “They came to visit and you didn’t tell me!” He raised his voice just a volume higher.  “And—and he looked at the seal, “You broke it!?”

           I shriveled up back against the wall, now feeling ashamed.  “Miyoung, come on, you should have told me they visited.  What did they do? What did they say?” he hurried on over but didn’t come any closer to me and stayed at the end of my bed.  I took a deep breath, “She—your mother came to lecture me.  She was just saying some hurtful things and that’s all.  You don’t need to worry about it because I took care of it myself.”  I whispered.  I took a deep breath, “I-I opened the envelope because she said some things that made me second think…some things about you…and me…” I muttered under my breath, embarrassed. 

           “Tell me, talk to me when you need to, whenever you need assurance.”  Sehun answered with a soft, calmly whisper.  Assurance.  I thought.  I need that now.

           There was a silent pause as I looked down at my bed.  It creaked and lowed as Sehun sat down and crawled over to me.  He sat cross legged in front of me and grabbed my hands into his.  “Miyoung, what I feel for you is real.  It’s almost terrifying because I don’t know what to do with this kind of feeling.  What if I do something wrong?  To you and our baby.  I’m scared for my life, but I know that if you’re going to be there by my side, everything will be alright.”  And just like that I was once again certain in what he felt for me.

           I groaned softly and let my head roll before leaning it on the wall.  Why do you doubt? All the time, you’re always doubting him, Miyoung.  Forget the past and think about all the things he’s done for you and baby. 

           Sehun tugged on my hands and pulled me into his chest, unexpectedly.  His arms went around my waist and we fell onto the bed together.  He snuggled his head in the crook of my neck, “you’re beautiful, you’re lovely, you’re a wonderful and funny person to be with.  You're an amazing mother to our child. There is no one else, no one I’ve ever met that has ever made me feel the way you make me feel.” He suddenly rolled us over and he was on top of me, looking down at me lovingly.

           He my cheeks and I smiled, taking in this fluttering feeling in my chest.  “Always remember this, Miyoung.  I will always love you as a woman; I will only look at you because you have my heart and where my heart is, my life is there as well.” He leaned his head in, closing the gap between us. 

           Everything around us was quiet, but I could hear the beat of my heart against my chest.  My insides melted and my mind went blank.  I parted my lips and let out a shaky breath as I closed my eyes.  And a heartbeat later, I felt a heavy weight lift off me. 

           Secretly, I moaned because this was not what I wanted.  “Come on, Miyoung.  Let’s go out.” Sehun said as he straightened himself.  I opened my eyes once again, not meeting his eyes and crawled to the end of the bed where the crib was.  My little man slept with his hands raised by his head and his chest rose slowly according to his breathing.  I smiled at him and let the thought and frustration of Sehun not kissing me out of my body.  Who needs him, anyways?  I joked.

           “I brought the stroller inside.  And I already got permission from your parents before I came upstairs.” I glanced and saw him walking towards my closet to bring baby’s diaper bag out.  He immediately started packing and throwing things inside, in which I only sighed. 

           I placed my hands under baby’s head and before picking him up.  He wiggled for a moment then stopped and turned his head towards my chest.  I leaned down and kissed Seyong forehead before looking up to see Sehun staring with a small smile across his face.

           “Uh, I-I am going to put him…I’m going to go down first.” I muttered and hurried out of my bedroom.


           We walked around the neighborhood until we reached a park.  Seyong had woken up during the walk but since he wasn’t fussing around, we left him in there.

           “So that’s it.  I’m planning on staying here, enrolling to one of the universities and continuing my studies here…that is if I have the strength to take on my parents.” From the corner of my eyes, I see him glancing up at me as he continues to push the stroller.  “So…when are you planning on going back to school?” Sehun asked me and I shrug, “I enrolled already for this fall, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to handle everything…full time mom and student.” I murmured.

           It was around 4 by the time we stopped at to take a rest.  The park was mildly filled with parents taking their kids out to the playground, kite flying and family picnics.  I went to grab Seyong as Sehun placed a blanket on the grass for us to sit on. 

           “You’ll do fine.” Sehun said as we settled down, “you’re a fighter…if you were able to fight my mother, you’ll do great in school.” He assured me, and I smiled.  Heat rushed to my cheeks from his compliment.

           I looked down and saw baby Seyong looking around.  I cleared my throat, “Sehun, did you want to hold him? You complain all the time when he’s sleeping.” I asked and lifted baby towards Sehun anyways.  His eyes immediately widened in adoration, head nodding quickly with a cute grin on his face.  He extended his arms on and I handed my little man over.

           Once baby was out of hands, I collapsed onto the blanket, stretching my body and yawning as water pricked my eyes.  “You need to sleep more, Miyoung.  If you ever need help, call me too.  I want to be able to help you through this.” he muttered softly.  I turned my head and look at him from the ground.  Sehun wasn’t looking at me and I was glad.  My smile widened and I lifted a hand over my head, gently touching his leg.

           Then his eyes quickly met mine.  The glint in his eyes literally shined brighter than the sun.  He leaned forward a tad bit and smiled, patting the spot in front of them.  I closed my eyes, chuckling softly and got back on my .  Sehun held Seyong up against his chest, his head rested on his father’s broad shoulders.  Sehun unfolded his legs and stretched them out into a V shape.

           He tugged on my ankle and I smiled, sitting right in front of him.  “What’s up?” I tilted my head and smiled, eyes squinting.  “You’re adorable, do you know that?”  He sighed.  I placed my hands in front of me and leaned my weight forward.  Holding my head up high, I chuckled and flipped my hair.  “I know, hmm.”

           Grinning, we both leaned closer to each other.  Sehun’s hands were occupied with baby.  I lifted my hands up, sliding them up his chest.  My left hand cupped his cheeks, my right snaking around his neck.  “What are you doing, Miyoung?” Sehun asked me in a soft whisper.  I just leaned my forehead against his and smiled, taking in his masculine scent.  “I like this, Sehun…this date.” I said against his lips.

           Sehun lowered his head; his breathing was clearly shaky.  My own breathing was shallow and unsteady.  My eyes flickered from his down to his lips.  In that moment, everything went hazy, and I was blind to everything else.  Heat rushed to every body part and I lifted my head up, parting my lips.  The tension was there.  I could feel Sehun’s eagerness.  He was waiting for me to kiss him, but I was taking my time.

           I’ve only kissed Lu Han, but he's always been the ones to initiate it first.  This one was going to be different.  A tingling sensation ran down my spine and I shuttered just slightly, sighing.  Our breathing got heavier as we closed the gap between us.  His lips parted, I could feel his breath tickling my lips.  I tilted my head up more and our lips touched.  Sehun quickly pressed his lips against mines, but I retrieved at the same time.

           Sehun stopped and I hovered my lips over his again.  It can’t be that hard to be the first one to kiss someone.  Miyoung, just do it.  Why are you taking your sweet time, can’t you see it’s torturing him.  You both want the same—oh shut up, will you? I scowled to myself.

           I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and went for it.  My lips captured his; he lowered his head as I lifted mine so that we’d have more connection between our lips.  He was frozen in his spot because of Seyong, so I cupped his cheeks and molded our lips together.  I enjoyed the sweet tingly sensation that moved though my body.  “Hmm…” I hummed and kissed him lovingly before finally pulling away.

           Our foreheads rested on each other.  I tried my best to bring my breathing back to normal but my heart would not stop fluttering inside my chest.

           “So…” Sehun sighs and I open my eyes to see him doing the same.  “That was it, huh?” he chuckles softly as I raise my hand and slide it down Seyong’s back. 

           “So…Park Miyoung, will you go out with me?”  He asked me in his soft voice.  My smile widens and eyes turn into crescents.  I nod, “Yes, of course I will…Oh Sehun.”


YAY!!!! THEY'RE FINALLY GOING OUT!!!!!!!

ALSO, I'm heavily debating on going back and changing Seyoung's name to Seyong. I think I'm just going to do it because gosh I didn't think it would be such a problem in a name.  It's the same thing, different spelling, but if it'll make the name sound more like a boy then fine. And yes, that's why I throw it into this chapter too. But anyways, too lazy now, but I'll probably do it before the next update. **Still free to give me your thoughts on this.

Anyways, another chapter for you guys. Just acouple more chapters, maybe, and i'll be doooone. Thanks you guys for your loving support.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))