045.

⚜ Tied By A Child

  Lu Han's POV 


           “Are you guys sure? I feel bad for just sitting here…” Miyoung mutters while watching Baekhyun and I put up the crib and diaper table.  Eunae is holding a 7 days old baby Seyong in her arms next to Miyoung on the bed.  “Just rest, Miyoung.  Let the boys do the work.” Eunae says softly.  “Also…you guys never answered Miyoung’s question.  Where is Sehun?” Eunae looks up as Baekhyun does too.  I quickly glance over and see the two girls looking over at us for an answer. 

           “Sehun?” Baekhyun mutters and I look back down to continue working .  “Sehun’s meeting with his parents at the  moment.”  He answer and continues working on the diaper table along with me.

           “Hi baby~” I hear Eunae coo from the bed.  She giggles softly and spoke baby to Seyong.  I look up again as we finish setting the table up.  Miyoung hovers over Seyong, gently touching his cheeks.

           “Done.” Baekhyun huffs and falls back against the wall for support.  “Babe, why are you sweating?” Eunae scoffs and chuckles.  I look up as Miyoung gets up from the bed.  “Can you guys move the diaper table in front of the window? And the crib to the end of the bed?” Miyoung questions and Baekhyun coughs, “no.”

           Miyoung scrunches her nose adorably and jogs over.  She slaps the back of his head before going to pick up some things from her closet.  “Come on, idiot.” I mutter and lift one end of the diaper table.  Baekhyun groans and follows through.  After we move everything, we help Miyoung set the crib, put blankets and soft teddy bears inside it, and hang a musical mobile above the crib.  Bottles, diapers and baby wipes were placed on the diaper table. 

           I look over when Seyong starts to whine.  Eunae looks up afraid.  She starts whining herself and Baekhyun just laughs, “You’re going to be a horrible mother!” He makes fun of the girl and Miyoung walks over, taking Seyong into her arms.  Once Miyoung has her baby, Eunae throws and glare at Baekhyun and walks over.  I chuckle and walk towards Miyoung while throwing the other two a glance.

           Eunae mutters something and punches Baekhyun’s arms.  I see him wince and shrink up against the back wall.  I laugh.  It was nice being back here.  I spent a couple months in China.  I wasn’t going to leave Korea.  I planned to study in Korea throughout my college years before going back to China, but my father suddenly had some health complications.  I didn’t want to leave, but after everything that happened, the timing was just about right.

           I had to give Miyoung space to deal with everything.  Leaving wasn’t my choice; people may say I’m a coward for leaving her at that time, and I’ll accept that.  But the honest truth was…I could practically feel her love, not for me…but for Sehun.  I could feel it growing with the baby nearing; even after the incident, I knew she wouldn’t be able to stay mad for long.

           “Hey,” Eunae and Baekhyun walks towards us, “We’re going to head out to Kris’s barbecue.  Come out, if you’re up for it, Miyoung.” Baekhyun ruffles her hair as Eunae leans down and kisses Seyong’s forehead.  “Actually, we’re taking Jae with us too, I’ll have Baekhyun drop him off after.  He wants to go swimming…” She says as Jaehyung suddenly appeards by the door.  “Let’s gooooo~~~!!” He shouts and from the corner of my eyes, I see Miyoung straighten and immediately look down.

           “Jae, don’t yell.” I say softly and he covers his mouth laughing, “Sorry, hyung.”  The three of them quickly leaves and it’s just Miyoung, Seyong and I in her room.  “Umm…” She looks up at me and I frown, “What’s wrong?” She shyly looks at me, “He’s hungry, so I need to feed him.” Before I could answer, she starts again, “I totally don’t mind you here, I’ll be covered up anyways, but yeah…” She says and looks back down at her baby.

           Umm… do I mind? No, not really.  She’ll be covered up, anyways, right? She said it herself…

           Seyong’s cries brought me out of my thoughts.  “Lu Han.”  Miyoung says my name firmly, “Weather you stay or go, I’m doing it now.” She explains and throws a thin blanket over her shoulders before feeding Seyong.  I tense up unexpectedly when I hear faint ling coming from under the blanket.

           DUH. feeding, idiot.

           “So…are you going to the barbecue later?” Miyoung asks as she turns to me.  Uhh… I clear my throat, “I don’t know yet, maybe.” I answer.  She hums a reply, “Also, is your father doing better now? Are you going back to China soon?” Her hands are softly Seyong’s skin.  I bit my lip and nod my head, “Yes, my father is doing fine, and no, I'll probably enroll myself in a university here.” I let out a soft chuckle.

           It goes quiet after that.  We both want to be able to talk freely, but we’re also holding back because of our history.

           I clear my throat once again, “Umm, let’s not be awkward.” I say quickly and she lets go of a sudden breath, “Oh thank goodness!” She sighs in relief, “I was seriously thinking about kicking you out because of the tension.” She chuckles cutely and I fall back against the wall in laughter.

           “So how’s motherhood?” I lean over her shoulders in attempt to catch a glimpse of Seyong, but remember that she was still feeding him.  She turns her head up to the side and we lock eyes.  Her brows furrow and she scrunches her nose, “motherhood’s fine.” She laughs and looks away, “I mean, being up ‘til 2 in the morning and getting 2 hours of sleep before waking up again is no big deal, I can totally handle it on my own.” She states as a matter of fact.

           I grin because she’s gotten so tough after this happened to her.  “Well, you are doing a great job.” I pinch her cheeks and she scowls, “those bags under your eyes aren’t even that dark.” I tease.  And with her free arm, she reaches over and slaps my arms.  “Tch-”

           Miyoung removes the cloth from over her shoulders, and I unconsciously look.  She must have noticed my actions because she scowls and mutters, “ert.” But in a joking manner.  “Tch-you’re already covered up,” I decide to play along, but get punched once again. 

           Our laughter fills the room.  “Hey~” Miyoung shifts her body so that we’re facing each other on the bed, “Do you want to hold him?” She gently lifts Seyong up and towards me.  I swallow.  Hold him?

           “Wh-why…not?” I raise an unsure brow as she hands him over to me.  “Great! Stand up and hold him up Now…support his neck and cradle him close to your body.  He likes to be all snuggled up.” She says and hops off the bed once she’s free of him.  “I’m just going to arrange the things and set them up nicer because you boys at it.” Miyoung snickers and walks over to the closet to bring some more things out for the crib.

           I look down at Seyong who’s sleeping peacefully in my arms.  He’s just a precious being, and I am so jealous that he’s not mine. 

           “Hey, Lu Han…are you and Sehun…okay with each other?” I hear her voice and look up.  Miyoung’s back is facing me as she gathers some things.  “Umm…” I clear my throat, “yeah, we’re on okay terms with one another.” I’m still jealous, but I’m not going to let it ruin our friendship, again. 

           “Okay then, since you guys are on ‘okay’ terms, can you tell me about his parents?” Miyoung says and I sigh.  I probably shouldn’t, but, “Yeah, I mean, they’re very strict and would rather see the growth of the company more than their own son…” I pause debating on whether or not I should explain to her the situation right now.  And I come to a conclusion, just as fast.

           “When he was studying in America, his parents placed guards on him…or more to keep an eye on him.  He told us everything when he returned. The day he left, he had a friend cover up for him. When his parents found out he was back in Korea, they sent people after him so that they could meet.  I guess they’re meeting right now.

           There are a lot of things wrong with his parents.  Us guys met them once and that was it.  We never saw them again nor do we really want to.  They’re kind of scary; they give off this very—”

           Seyong starts moving suddenly and I freeze.  I look down as I see Miyoung look up from the crib.  “Just lightly pat his so he’ll sleep again.” She says and continues working.  I nod and do as she says.

           “Anyways, they’re very into business and super intimidating.  No doubt they’ve already found out about you after Sehun just picked up his things and returned to Seoul.  They’ll probably invite themselves here, or find a way to meet you privately.  And they’ll most likely offer you money and a place NOT in Korea, or anywhere near the mainland.  Miyoung, they’re scary people, and no matter how tough you think you might be, please don’t do anything rash.  I-Sehun would fall apart if you leave him.” 

           The room falls quiet.  She stops working but doesn’t look up from the crib.  Seyong starts to squirm and I snuggle him tighter in my arms, patting his at the same time, hoping it’ll work to soothe him.  “Are you trying to stop me from meeting them or something?” Miyoung finally looks up.  Her hands are on the crib and she leans forward, “From everything you’ve told me, I would never want to meet them. Heck, get me a picture and the moment I see them, I’ll run the other way.” Her lips twitched in a slight smirk. 

           “This isn’t funny, Miyoung.” I tell her firmly and she walks over.  “I’m just kidding,” She stifles a laughter as she takes her baby from my arms.  My eyes never leave her as she gently lifts him and kisses his forehead.  Her thumb brushes his cheeks before laying him down in the new crib.

           “Oh…by the way, thanks for the diaper table.” She smiles and catches my eyes, “Even from miles away, you’re still finding ways to spoil me.” she adds and chuckles a bit. Miyoung lets out a tired sigh but hops onto the bed.  “Thanks.” She slaps my chest and falls onto her bed, exhausted. 

           I shift my body on the bed and face her as she closes her eyes.  Her soft breathing fills the room.  What happened to us?  Setting aside the whole situation; why wasn’t it me who had with her? Impregnated her…not that, that would be how I wanted us to end up together, but I’m just saying.  I liked her but in the end, my best friend got her instead.

           “Hey cute stuff,” I tease and pinch her nose.  Miyoung scrunches it just as fast and opens her eyes.  “I’m going to head out now and let you rest.” She begins to get up, but I give her a gentle shove back down.  I kiss her temples, “Just sleep, you seriously look dead right now.” I sit up from the bed as she moans in complaint.  I just laugh and walk to the door, “I’ll see you some other time.” I say, give her a short wave and leave the room.

           People say that everything happens for a reason…I’m stuck here still trying to figure this one out.


Lu Han POV with Miyoung ft. Baby Seyong!?? You know what that mean?? WE'RE BACK TO THE fUTURE! Don't worry, y'all impatient little subbers, I'll get you some Sehun-Miyoung & Baby time cause I know y'all are dying for some fluff.  And yes, Lu Han's POV will be the last "pov flashbacks" or whatever, I don't know what to call it, but yeah.

A note about there pov flashbacks, I reallly really enjoyed writing them. Sehun's was definitely the hardest to write, hench it took forever to update and it was long and full of, literally, nonsense. But Soojung's was definitely my favorite. I hope you guys enjoyed reading what was going on/through these different characters minds at certain events and able to see their true self. Although, now thinking about it, lol, Lu Han's wasn't really a flashback, but whatevs.

Anyways, I really hope you guys liked these past 4 chapters because I really meant to write them so that you could have some insight on these main/leading/supporting characters.

Much love!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))