044.

⚜ Tied By A Child

  29th Chapter, Soojung's POV


           “Please, for me, Soojung.” I hear Sehun plea with me.  I roll my eyes, “fine, whatever you say!” I hiss back, “I’ll TRY to be nice to that girl! …Now is that all you have to say, cause then I’m hanging up!” I say without a reply from him and end the call.

           “GAHHH!” I shout frustrated and leave the mansion.  The stars are in the sky, but you can barely see it with all the city lights. I’m walking down a market street in deep thought.  I guess I have to let him go now.  He seems to be head over heels for her, and I’m happy.  For him, I’m happy.  He’s finally getting what he’s been wanting for the longest time, and I shouldn’t be sulking.  He’s a good friend, and we’ve been through a lot and have done some crazy things together.

           I feel my phone vibrate and I sigh before answering it, “Hello?” I say before yawning.  “Soojung-ah, you called?” I hear his soft voice and I smile. “Yeah, I’m sorry for bothering you, but are you busy right now?” I ask him.  I stop walking and lean against a light post, waiting for his answer.  “Ahh, I’m at the company building right now, you can come over though.  I’ll be here to listen, always.”

           I take in a deep breath, “a listener’s what I need right now, oppa.” I murmur, “I’m on my way then, thank you.” I say before hanging up. 

           I end the call and look at the time, “Hmmm, 7:56…oppa probably hasn’t had dinner yet.” I say and begin to walk towards a food tent to grab some things before heading over.

           As I near a certain tent, my eyes widen at what I see.  Is this person just the stupidest person on earth!?  I start jogging, looking for cars crossing the street before quickly making my way over. “Miyoung?”

           Her head shoots up and I’m faced with an annoyed expression, “What do you want?” she growls while pouring another shot.  Is she out of her ing mind!?  “What are you doing!?” I grab the cup from her hands, “Are you being serious right now!?”  I can feel some eyes but others are just ignoring us since we are teenage students.  I lean down and place my palms on the table, “I thought you were smart, Miyoung! What’s wrong with you!  You’re being very stupid-”

           Gawd! Shut up, Soojung!” She shouts back and I scoff to the side, rolling my eyes at her.  “Go have some with Sehun or something!” My tough exterior falters at those words.  I glide my tongue across my teeth as I throw her a glare.  The urge to beat her is so strong right now, but I have to be true to the words I just told Sehun earlier today.

           “Screw you! Screw everyone!” She hisses and I stand up straight.  I give her an expression of my true feelings at that moment.  Be the bigger person, Soojung.  I swallow and turn, walking away from the tent as I took out my phone to call Sehun.

           “The mother of your child is drinking on the corner of 164th and Namman…do something about it.” And I hang up, sitting on the corner bench.

           Once he arrived, I point out the tent.  “Can you stay here, help me?” His eyes beg me and I sigh, nodding before he runs off.  I stare at the couple as they argue, yell, shout, fight.  Miyoung runs out of the tent as it starts to storm.  I retrieve under a shelter, still watching them.

           Sehun grips her shoulders and I take in a sudden breath when I see him initial a kiss.

           I calmly let go of my breath.  Many people see me as this intimidating, selfish person, but the truth is, I am more afraid of others than they should be of me.  All I do is pretend.  I pretend I have an abundance of confidence, a confidence that does not compare to others.  I hold my head up because I have every right to.  I tell myself that I am a great individual and I make myself believe it.  You can make your life anything you wish.  Create your own life and then go out and live it with absolutely no regrets.  My exterior is as strong I want it to be, but under everything, under all the fake identities, I’m really am nothing. 

           And this is the time when I need a good listener.

           “Ahh, crap.” I moan, taking out my phone and dialing the person needed most.  “O-oppa…?”

           “Ne, Soojung-ah?” I sigh at his voice, so soothing, different from Sehun.  “Oppa, I won’t be able to come tonight.”  He hums a reply, “Because it’s raining? I can send my car for you, Soojung-ah; where are you?” He asks and I can hear papers shuffling around on his desk probably.  “Ahh, no, it’s okay. I just don’t want to be bothering you.  I know your father has been giving you a lot of projects.” I tell him, “Let’s just meet up another time, okay?”

           “Okay.  You know I’m always here for you, Soojung.  Don’t ever hesitate giving me a call.”  His sweet voice tells me through the phone.  I smile, “Ne, oppa.” I bite my lips to conceal my smile.  I turn my head and my eyes suddenly widens when I see Sehun carrying Miyoung over to me.  “Ahh, oppa, I have to go now. I’ll call you later!” And I hang up.

           “What did you do!?” I shout into the rain.  Sehun huffs, struggling to hold Miyoung, “My keys, jacket pocket, hurry, she’s slipping!” He shouts and I run into the storm, feeling for his keys before running to the car.  I open the back seat and Sehun slips inside with a heavy breath.  He stays with her in the back, ordering me to drive to his place.  And I do as I’m told.


           When we arrive, Sehun brings her into the guest room.  “Soojung, I know this is a lot to ask, but can you change her?” Sehun pleas as I stare at Miyoung, who’s sleeping soundly.  “Am I supposed to change her into my clothes?” I say, looking at the closet full of my things. 

           Yes, I have clothes at Sehun’s place, obviously.

           “Well…if you don’t mind—but I can run to the store and—”

           I turn around and walk into the closet before he could finish.  I grab some loose clothes before walking back.  I see Sehun standing in the same place.  “You know,” I walk towards the bed, “if you’re going to be in the room as well, you might as well change her yourself.” I say, throwing the clothes on the bed.  I sit down and hear him chuckle awkwardly, “Right…I’ll be outside.” He says and then I hear the door close.

           I struggle with her pull over sweater, but get it off her before ing her uniform.  Her clothes are drenched from the rain.  We should sponge her body before she catches a cold… I think then turn around, “Sehun!” I shout and the door opens quickly, “What wrong!?” He comes in but see Miyoung in a wet tank top, “Soojung.” His shoulders deflate. 

           “Sehun, get a bowl of warm water and a cloth, we should sponge her before she catches a cold.” I tell him before he nods in agreement and leaves the room.

           When he appears again, Miyoung’s only in her under garments.  “She’s big.” I mutter, referring to her belly, and turn to Sehun.  His Adam’s apple bobbles as he gulps.  “Earrth to Sehun! Keep your hormones at a minimum ,will you?” I scoff and get up, dipping the cloth into the water before wiping her down.

           After the bath and re-dressing her, Sehun and I leave the room.  “Thank you, Soojung, really.” Sehun tells me and I just nod.  “The rain isn’t stopping, so why won’t you sleep here?” He says and I agree, honestly too tired to argue back.


           I open the door the next morning and find Miyoung tossing around, “You’re awake.” I say but more as a question.  I walk in, closing the door slightly when I hear the shock in her voice, “Soojung!?”

           “What?” I roll my eyes and make my way over, sitting in the chair next to the bed.  “What-what the hell?” She sits up, looking around the room as I mutter, “Language.”  She turns her head and faces me, “What the heck is going on…?”  She mutters to herself, “How’d I get here?” She asks me and I shrug.  “Well, of course you weren’t going to listen to me yesterday…so I went to get oppa, and he came and brought you here.” I tell her.

           She asks me if this was my place and I nearly choke, “PShh, no, I wouldn’t let you inside my mansion.” I tell her with an eye roll.  “I did change you out of your wet clothes from last night.  They’re washed, folded, and sitting on the vanity table over there,” I throw a quick head nod in the direction of the table.

           I can see the confused expression Miyoung’s carrying right now.  She definitely has no clue what is going on, why I’m here and why I’m doing this.

           I take a deep breath, “You’re very stupid…very stupid, Miyoung.”  She scoffs, “I don’t need you telling me what to do—telling me what I am.” She mutters and I laugh at her stubbornness, “I really don’t care!” Without thinking, I lean forward, “You’re dumb!  That was very stupid, what you did yesterday!  How can you not even think about your baby, Miyoung?” I give her my own lecture, “You of all people, miss ‘I’m going to become a doctor one day,’” I mimic the exact words she told me back in grade school.

           “We might have to reconsider who the smarter on is, because it surely isn’t you.”  I catch her eye roll as she flings the covers off, “I really don’t need this right now.”  She kicks her feet over to the side of the bed before getting up.  I follow her, getting up from the chair and taking a step forward, “You can’t leave yet.” I tell her and walk to the door. 

           “Oh really? Who’s going to stop me?” She retorts back just as the door opens.  I turn and see Sehun walking in.  “Thank you.” He mutters and I just sigh, leaving the two bickering couple alone.


           My car’s already out in the drive way of Sehun’s house.  I take my phone out as I slip into the back seat. 

           After a couple rings, a voice answers.  “Hello?” He answers tiredly. “Ohh? Oppa…what are you doing right now?” I ask as we leave Sehun’s neighborhood.  He yawns on the other side, he’s muttering something but I don’t think he’s speaking to me. 

           “Soojung-ah, I’m still at the company building.” He says and my eyes widen, “You slept there!?”  I lean forward when my eyes catch onto a street vender, “Ahjussi, pull over.” I tell him and he quickly nods.  “Oppa, I’ll come visit today, okay?” I inform him and hang up as I open the door and step out.

           I ordered some dukkbokki, sundae, kimbap and bought some kimchi fried rice before my driver dropped me off at oppa’s company building.


Ding.

           The elevator doors open and I step out, straightening my back and putting a smile on my face as I walk down the hall into the floor lobby area.  Even as senior student in high school, the employees are bowing at me.  It reminds me of the power I have over many people, the wealth I was born into, but the lifestyle I absolutely hate…semi-hate, anyways.

           “Miss Jung.” The secretary stands and bows.  I give her a slight head nod and smile which she also returns.  “Mr. Kim is inside and expecting you.”  She lifts her hands, signaling me to go inside.  I walk to the door and knock twice before twisting the knob and opening the door into the office.

           “Oh?” I look up and he’s looking at me with a tired smile.  “Oppa.” I grin, walking further into the room, lifting the bag full of food.  “Oppa, I got you food.” I chuckle as he gets up from behind the desk.  “Thanks Soojung.” He walks over and hugs me.  “Yah, you look dead.” I joke with him.  We walk to a table and sit at a couch inside the main office.  He laughs, shaking his head at me while I open the packages of food.

           The aroma fills the room and I shudder to the delicious smell.  I break chopsticks and feed him some fried rice.  “Oppa, you’re not busy are you?” I ask softly before looking up.  He smiles with a mouth full of food, “Of course not.  I can always make time for you.” He leans over and ruffles my hair; I scowl.

           He takes the chopsticks from me and signals me over to his side.  I shyly smile and move over to him.  “Spill.” He says as he stuffs more food into his mouth.  I scoff, lightly knuckling his head.  “Aigoo…it’s about Sehun.” I mutter after a while and I notice him nodding his head, “It’s always about Sehun.” I hear his comment but say nothing.

           “He ended it last night.” I say with a quivering lip.  I hear him stop eating, I hear the chopsticks being set down on the table, and I hear his body turn around.  I keep my eyes fixated on the table though.  It wasn't even a serious relationship, and I knew that. We dated for 2 weeks, but I've been in love with him for the longest time.

           “Oh, Soojung~” He wraps his arms around my shoulders.  His hand cradles my head in his chest.  His gestures are definitely making me want to cry, but I’ve cried enough, and he’s seen me cry too much over Sehun.  I force a laugh, and jokingly hit his back.  “Oppa! I’m not going to cry over him!” I say as he leans me back against the couch.  He holds me in his arms just like he always does when I’m talking to him.  If people saw us, they’d think we were a couple…but no.

           “I’m not going to cry over him anymore, oppa.” I mutter and lean my head on his shoulder.  “I mean, you’ve told me many times but I’ve always ignored you.” He soothes me by drawing circles on my shoulder.  He leans his head on mines and he hums an answer.

           “I mean, I-I like him, love him, maybe.  But I don’t want to be that girl.  I don’t want to be labeled as ‘the other girl.’ And I guess if I really love him, I’d let him go.  We obviously weren’t meant to be together if he got Miyoung pregnant and whatnot…I guess. I don’t know anymore.  Everything happens for a reason, so—I mean, yeah.” I take a deep breath, also taking in his cologne as well.

           “Oppa…you smell nice.” It calms me and I close my eyes, smiling into the air.  I feel him shift next to me and then he kisses my temples, “I know.” He replies happily.

           I sit up and snicker, “Really?” I slap his thighs as he pulls me into his chest.  We laugh together as I struggle out of his grasp.  I give up after a while and relax in his arms, “thank you, oppa, for always being here for me when I needed someone.”   I turn my head and our eyes meet.

           I childishly grin and tilt my head up, pecking his cheeks.  “Thank you, oppa.”


HEY HEY HEY! SOOJUNG'S POV! I was sooo excited to finish this chapter for you guys, to give you guys this insight on how Soojung's life is and what goes on in her mind. Hers is actually my favorite because you can totally see how much change she had to go through, and having to accept the realities of life.  There are a lot of other characters in here that went through some sort of change, but Soojung has the most drastic change. I tried a gradual change, where you're still able to see her reluctant on doing certain things in the story, I hope you guys were able to catch those.

Anyways, onto the chapter-- WHO DO YOU THINK THIS OPPA/MR. KIM IS!!??? If you guys have been paying attention to Soojung throughout the story, y'all should be able to guess who it is. *winkwink, but, yes, I'll also hint at who this Mr. Kim may be in the future chapters.

On a another note, I'm debating whether or not to make a sequel, but sequels never end well with me, so I think I'll just add a couple more chapters to this story, and finish it off, wipe my hands clean of this story and whatnot. So with that, the story should be finished by 50, lol...Or maybe not, But I don't want to make it long too. Idk, lmk your thoughts.

And then, on a completely different note, I'll be camping this weekend, so I decided to hurry and update this chappie for you all. I hope to come back with lovely comments!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))